• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

I just thought: There's a lot of talk about Ben Youngs moving to Bath.
If this is true, then does that mean they're shipping on Chris Cook? I presume his contract is up this season, as the usual contract length is two years.

If this is the case then Bath truly are an absolute joke. Two academy graduates in their 23 and it's looking like they're going to lose both.

Been talk about Youngs and bath for over a year.

We will see, Bath doubt care about the academy.

And The bath supporters have the cheek to criticize Leicester and the academy.

I can't see Youngs to Bath unless he is unhappy at Leicester. His wages would be massive and although he is a high class player I don't see him having that big an impact.

Bath have Cook, who they clearly have faith in, Matawala and the young Welsh lad... Jonny Evans I think.

I wonder if the agents just drop in the names of the big spenders as and when contracts are due to be renewed.

I'd like Bath to invest in the academy, but however they what success in the near future not 5 years down the line.

If this is the case then Bath truly are an absolute joke. Two academy graduates in their 23 and it's looking like they're going to lose both.
Which 2? Catt? Cook? Devoto? Banahan (signed to the academy)?

Bath have invested in the academy, about 3 years ago; it'll take another 3 years to start really baring fruit; in the mean time, we've signed young players from elsewhere.

Not to mention that the Youngs to Bath rumours are about 3 years old, and gave yet to have any evidence behind them - I'll believe this one when I see it announced; especially since Cook started to actually look like a Prem quality player last year.

Devoto and Cook, though is Devoto in Baths first choice, fully fit, 23 now that Priestland is there? Is Catt?

Zebo to Pau seems a done deal. 2 years. We weren't in 1 base today so I didn't see him as he was in Cork but well it seems central contracts are being heavily cut and the money in the Irish game is drying up rapidly.

Zebo to Pau seems a done deal. 2 years. We weren't in 1 base today so I didn't see him as he was in Cork but well it seems central contracts are being heavily cut and the money in the Irish game is drying up rapidly.

hardly like there was mountains to start with!

hardly like there was mountains to start with!

Costs going up. Players value going up. Attendances down. A lot invested in to capital assets. Don't get me wrong they're not going bust but things ain't as flush. They're reluctant to bring in outside funding at moment too as its loosen their control over players

Very interesting!
Always thought the twins had a higher ceiling than Sam.

If the Souths are looking to cut salary to have Sam back then releasing him for a year to try his hand at getting an NFL contract could work out for everyone involved.

Latest posts