• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

That wasn't me who said that, hahaha it was taken out of context hahahaha but wouldn't it be funny if I could actually do it hahaha like for real ahhahah :)

So the rumour mill is saying George Ford hasn't renewed at Tigers before their self-imposed deadline (presumably wanted him to commit one way or the other so they could start shopping on Jan 1st when the market opens?).

Where's most likely for him to go? Back to Bath?

Think he'd do real well at Exeter, or maybe even Gloucester.
Leeds RL hopefully.

Did he fall out with Townsend?

From what I heard (could be wrong though) It's that Rennie does not rate him so he only plays when there aren't really any other options. The rumours I saw around the move is that it will only be short term until Rennie goes to Aus at the end of the season.

Think Fearns is just taking the ****, he's still got a year left on his contract and from the whole Glaws debacle I doubt he's coming back to the Prem anytime soon, I could see him seeing out his days in France.

Though if he wants to come home then I'm sure we can squeeze him in somewhere, our backrow stocks are very low....ahem....

Irish Times reporting Lyon tried to throw a boatload of cash at Sexton to move at the end of the season and he's turned them down. Can't see a guy of his age taking a deal at any figure that would take him away from the player welfare system he greatly needs these days.

Irish Times reporting Lyon tried to throw a boatload of cash at Sexton to move at the end of the season and he's turned them down. Can't see a guy of his age taking a deal at any figure that would take him away from the player welfare system he greatly needs these days.
A load of BS really. A player of his age and injury record would bever be seriously considered. Yes he has the class but not the durability. Also he isn't out of contract and has hinted he is targeting the Lions tour and possibly that is end of the road then. A year in France would remove him from Irish picture and Luons

Jonny Gray: Scotland lock nears Exeter Chiefs move - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/50968610

Didnt see this coming but prob a good fit next to Hill.

Great move for both parties and I am sure he will benefit from working under Rob Baxter. Hasn't looked himself this past 18 months and has only recently starting to return to form. Hogg and Skinner being there should help him settle more quickly.

Last edited:
Is lock really an area Exeter need to spend big on?
Even with Dennis going their pack strikes me as the type to bring in a cheaper lock and still be just as efficient?

Compared to a position like inside centre IMO.

Is lock really an area Exeter need to spend big on?
Even with Dennis going their pack strikes me as the type to bring in a cheaper lock and still be just as efficient?

Compared to a position like inside centre IMO.
I was kind of thinking along the same lines, be have bought, Vermeulen, Kirsten, South, Witty and Price(or something) but we have Skinner and hill. we sre not short of locks and we are light on centres. But on the other hand he will fit well into the way we play soo ill take him.

I was kind of thinking along the same lines, be have bought, Vermeulen, Kirsten, South, Witty and Price(or something) but we have Skinner and hill. we sre not short of locks and we are light on centres. But on the other hand he will fit well into the way we play soo ill take him.

Maybe because it's so integral to how they play they're happy prioritising top quality locks over backs.

Latest posts