• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Son of former All Black John Gallagher I believe. No idea if he's good or not, presumably it's squad depth.
Is more depth but to compete for a spot.
Yes the son of John. A good pedigree and we lack 15s. Shane Daly is playing there but is not a 15. More a winger or 13. But Gallagher is not a bad player and will be a good addition

Also Sammy Arnold linked with Connacht and I'd expect us to hold Billy Holland for another year and Darren O Shea will leave.

Is more depth but to compete for a spot.
Yes the son of John. A good pedigree and we lack 15s. Shane Daly is playing there but is not a 15. More a winger or 13. But Gallagher is not a bad player and will be a good addition

Also Sammy Arnold linked with Connacht and I'd expect us to hold Billy Holland for another year and Darren O Shea will leave.

On the munster thread I posted up contracts ending. I'd say there'll be around 8 leavers. Possibly Bleyendaal too if he has to retire.

DOS has been a big disappointment. Physically imposing but kitten soft.

On the munster thread I posted up contracts ending. I'd say there'll be around 8 leavers. Possibly Bleyendaal too if he has to retire.

DOS has been a big disappointment. Physically imposing but kitten soft.
Tyler's is a totally different issue. Has more to do with insurance and our duty to look after a player injured on our watch.

Roman Salanoa from Leinster to Connacht.

Connacht need established players to push their starters. Salanoa is more of a developmental prospect.

Rumours that Sam Costelow has been offered a contract at the Scarlets to leave Leicester.

Salanoa is nowhere near the level needed to play most weeks, he's not what Connacht need right now at all. He needs to be managed, the potential is obvious there but to say he's raw is an understatement and a half. Just throwing him in at Connacht isn't in anyone's interest.

Definitely, Roman would benefit more sticking at Belvo (or going to a 1A club) than going west. Goes back to Connacht (Galway) needing a D1 club though, he would be needed more out there but not enough to justify it without decent level rugby every week.

So Saracens rumours so far
Ben Spencer (Bath, Bristol, Falcons, Saints and Exeter)
Alex Lozowski (Gloucester, Bath and Sale);
Nick Isiekwe (Harlequins);
Max Malins (Exeter);
Nick Tompkins (Ospreys and Scarlets);
Matt Gallagher (Munster);
Rhys Carre (Cardiff);
George Kruis (Japan);
Jack Singleton (Leicester)
Vincent Koch (Blue Bulls)
Will Skelton (La Rochelle)
Ben Earl (Saints)

As an Exeter supporter I'd like it but as an England supporter he'd likely be stuck behind Simmonds and Hogg at 10 and 15 so not a fan at all.
Ive also seen him at 12 where he looked good. Also i genuinly think he will push both Hogg and Simmonds. Not displace but push hogg. And replace Steeno so be interchangeable with simmonds and hogg in that 22 shirt.

I dont want to stunt his development as he could be grest for England but want him in a chiefs shirt to bring something more to our backline.

Given free choice, and of those likely to leave (potential internationals and those looking to establish themselves), then for Bath, I'd love to have Spencer, Mallins and Lozowski - as those inside backs aremour positions of real weakness. All 3 would likely be first choice starters for us too, whilst only really Spencer could be said to be blocking an existing youngster (but no more so than Cook/Chudley who may well both leave).

Malins to Exeter looks a good move all round though, but one of he or Simmonds would end up missing out on development time, which would be a shame. At Bath he'd probably be ahead of Priestland from day 1, with Rhys moving on after a year (Bailey is 5(?) Years younger, De Glanville appears to be a 12/15 more than 10.
Lozowski to Gloucester or Sale - I'm not sure he'd be a starter at either, especially in his (IMO) best position (IC). At Bath he'd be an automatic starter at IC from day 1, and a valid option to cover FH. He'd be a couple of years away from blocking someone like Ojomo, whilst Willison would be the man making way.
Spencer to Bristol / Saints / Exeter would all be blocking good young players who are ready now, whilst not be guaranteed to be first choice there either. Newcastle makes sense though. At Bath he'd probably replace both Chudley and Cook, making him first choice whilst bringing on Green and Fox.
Quite honestly, the rumour of being a 1-year loan to the Prem and then returning looks realistic. In which case, all 5 clubs could be decent, giving their youngsters another year to ease into things (though that shouldn't be necessary at Exeter).

I just can't imagine that any club is particularly interested in taking Spencer for just the 1 year. You'd use him to help steadily introduce your youngsters, you wouldn't want to invest in him, and thennhed return with knowledge of your moves, calls, defensive arrangements etc.

Last edited:
Can't see any backs going to Saints , Boyd has on more than one occasion stated that backs will be same come next year unless someone moves or retires as numbers full.
Auterac on board for front row so only gaps with Brussow retired and Haskell not replaced would be back row then obviously same proviso with moving on or retires for rest of pack.

Last edited:

Latest posts