• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Even putting the money aspect to one side. Do Sale even need him?

With the James brothers, RJvR and Sam Hill they're already pretty well stocked at 12 and 13.

Even speaking as a Quins fan, I want to see top players more evenly distributed across the league and I'd like to see him go somewhere where he's not blocking young English talent.

How could they possibly afford him under the cap?
We've lost 10 players (including Webber, who would've been on a decent amount) and only signed 1

Even putting the money aspect to one side. Do Sale even need him?
No.
We've already got the incredibly injury prone crash ball centre covered with Rohan.

I don't really believe this tbh, I think we're linked to him because we've been spending a lot recently - same way Bristol used to be linked to everyone etc

Hard to really care what Manu does now for me one way or another, I feel wherever he goes he will be off shortly after the Lions tour.

It gets a bit tiring especially since every contract it's Manu close to joining insert club.

My feeling is you can get a good club 13 who will be at the club all season for half the money now, Manu isn't as important as say Ford is.

We've lost 10 players (including Webber, who would've been on a decent amount) and only signed 1

No.
We've already got the incredibly injury prone crash ball centre covered with Rohan.

I don't really believe this tbh, I think we're linked to him because we've been spending a lot recently - same way Bristol used to be linked to everyone etc

I suppose Ashton was never replaced and wouldn't have been cheap.

I suppose Ashton was never replaced and wouldn't have been cheap.
Completely forgot about him - make that 11 out and 1 in
Plus the entire squad agreed a 25% paycut - but that's part of the reason I wouldn't want him. Not gonna sit well with the others when he rocks up having refused to take that same cut elsewhere

It'd be ridiculous for Sale to take him. I want him to stay in the Prem but not if he's going to block the James brothers and Hill from getting game time. I'd actually quite like to see him go to Sarries; playing in the Championship would mean a low injury risk and he'd be able to focus on getting in great shape for England rather than on playing rugby week-in and week-out. They've also lost Barritt, Tompkins and Lozowski in the centres so could do with someone. It's wishful thinking though, he wouldn't be worth the money to them.

Completely forgot about him - make that 11 out and 1 in
Plus the entire squad agreed a 25% paycut - but that's part of the reason I wouldn't want him. Not gonna sit well with the others when he rocks up having refused to take that same cut elsewhere

Who are your 10 leavers? Obviously I saw Webber's retirement but I don't think I've seen an official list of leavers?

I saw Joe Jones to Doncaster and Nick Dolly released, but who are the rest?

Who are your 10 leavers? Obviously I saw Webber's retirement but I don't think I've seen an official list of leavers?

I saw Joe Jones to Doncaster and Nick Dolly released, but who are the rest?

Ashton
Webber
Jones
Dolly
Sturgess
Leatherbarrow
Dugdale
Birch
Williams
Booth

Most are senior academy or fringe squad players, but they all add up

Ashton
Webber
Jones
Dolly
Sturgess
Leatherbarrow
Dugdale
Birch
Williams
Booth

Most are senior academy or fringe squad players, but they all add up

Well depends if they are earning over 30K and under 24, which if Diamond is the one in charge of contracts I don't the senior academy being on more.
Also did Redpath get replaced?

Well depends if they are earning over 30K and under 24, which if Diamond is the one in charge of contracts I don't the senior academy being on more.
Also did Redpath get replaced?
By Sam Hill, I guess - but I'd imagine Hills' salary is more comparable to Webber's than Redpath's

I'm not going to lie, I've never heard of half of them.

As you say Webber's salary would have been replaced by Hill.

Ashton is the only one who would have been in on big money. His salary + the others would be enough to cover Tuilagi.

By Sam Hill, I guess - but I'd imagine Hills' salary is more comparable to Webber's than Redpath's
Also completely forgot about Mark Wilson - who's wages we were covering this season.
Bryn Evans confirmed as leaving today as well.

That's a chunk of change

He says young player, which has lead to talk of Ibitoye.
But nothing concrete.

On Walsh no idea other than he was in the wider Aus U20's squad doesn't seem too much info about him.

dLCnr5d.jpg

I think it might be gabs unfortunately.

The way he said it tho makes me think they could also be from abroad.... Will Jordan incoming??? Probably not but he is EPQ

RIL are saying Cordero's brother ...

My feeling is that it needs to be someone reasonably noteworthy giving the 'licking their lips' comment. Cordero's a great player, but his brother who I've only just found existed doesn't exactly fit the bill.

Latest posts