• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TRF Custom Face Design Tracker

LOL this is face Jordie Barrett has on mine. Should I delete and try again?
Re-starting from scratch would be the safe option. I've made a python script to remove all custom head files from a Rugby 08 install but if you're not familiar with python it might not be easy to use.

Attachments

• md5 file mover.zip
    422 bytes · Views: 13
Re-starting from scratch would be the safe option. I've made a python script to remove all custom head files from a Rugby 08 install but if you're not familiar with python it might not be easy to use.
Thanks mate

Hi guys can any1 make Manie Libbok face id if not to busy thank u will appreciate it I think he gonna be the springboks next number 10 going into the future.

- the old editor didn't carry over any new player skin assignments, so some players had mis-matched head and skin textures, etc. I've fixed this by using the TRF22 rdf to copy over instead of the one from the base game.
Heya Jim, I asked you about this in a different thread, but this is exactly where I am struggling. If I make my own roster in Woosaah (based on your TRF22 roster and rdf file), and 'set default', the World League players have the mismatched correct head/wrong body problem (but everything else is correct). How did you change/adjust the rdf file (73cb47d1d69c90f28fd1cc4186ac1926) to work with WL and your custom roster so that the bodies didn't look weird?
I forgot to switch the "team performance" numbers as they are backwards in WL. I've made a new rdf where the teams are now rated 1-4 low-high, with 4 special teams rated 5: Crusaders, Leinster, Saracens, Toulouse.
Is this something that I would also need corrected in order for WL to work properly?

Any help is much appreciated :) And sorry if these are stupid questions haha

Any help is much appreciated :) And sorry if these are stupid questions haha
I got around this by copying the TRF22 .rdf file into Woosah's old editor directory, then running the "set default" option to generate the new .rdf. By doing it this way the old editor tries to replace what's in the TRF22 file instead of using the one from the base game, this should reduce mis-matches.

Is this something that I would also need corrected in order for WL to work properly?
Yes you will need to do this, otherwise Zebre will be beating Saracens 50-0 every match in WL. I used "Team Editor" to do this I've attached it here.

Attachments

• TeamEditor.zip
    15.7 KB · Views: 33
I got around this by copying the TRF22 .rdf file into Woosah's old editor directory, then running the "set default" option to generate the new .rdf. By doing it this way the old editor tries to replace what's in the TRF22 file instead of using the one from the base game, this should reduce mis-matches.
Hey Jim, I really appreciate you helping me with this. But I think I may be doing something incorrect, or not following your method correctly. I may be making a simple mistake somewhere.

– I made a clean install, copied the "TRF 2022 - NH Edition" files into the "Game Files" location
– I then copied from your "jimw546-s-Rugby-08-stuff-main" everything except, "Tournament graphics", "Lions tour" and "Other":
1687092235628.png
– I used your Rst.ros file from your folder (placed in documents) and the placed World League RDF and RSG you provided, and "Heads" (into "Game Files"):
1687092420056.png
I boot the game and the players appear as they should in the WL. This is all good.

However, I want to make corrections to some player stats in my preferred team (Sharks), as some backline players have "scrummager", etc., and I also want to update the squad with correct players.

– I install Woosaah (old). Open Woosaah, select the "Rugby08.exe" in the "Game Files", open your "Rst.ros" in Documents.
– I then make a change (removing scrummager from L. Am), "Save", and then "Set Default".
– Launch WL and some players have mismatched parts suddenly (but the stats are all good).

Semi side-note - I do often get this error when using Woosaah, but I can restart Woosaah and then make changes successfully (the stats/names are reflected in the WL correctly) – is this error maybe connected to my mismatched body issue (I am guessing it is not connected), or is it okay to quit and reopen and save?:
1687093082969.png

I am not sure exactly what you mean by this: "I got around this by copying the TRF22 .rdf file into Woosah's old editor directory, then running the "set default" option to generate the new .rdf. By doing it this way the old editor tries to replace what's in the TRF22 file instead of using the one from the base game, this should reduce mis-matches."

This TRF22.rdf file that you mention, it is fine if I use your 73cb47d1d69c90f28fd1cc4186ac1926.rdf file? This part: "TRF22 .rdf file into Woosah's old editor directory" – do you mean that you copy the .rdf into the installation location of Woosaah, or that you copy the your working .rdf into the Rugby08.exe folder, then "Set Default".

I hope that is enough info...I feel so close to getting this correct!

Attachments

• 1687093065715.png
    1687093065715.png
    21.1 KB · Views: 3
Just before this step here:
– I install Woosaah (old). Open Woosaah, select the "Rugby08.exe" in the "Game Files", open your "Rst.ros" in Documents.
Copy my custom .rdf or the TRF22 .rdf into the folder (ie. next to the .exe) for Woosah's old editor. The Old Editor uses the .rdf next to its .exe to make edits, not the one in the Rugby 08 directory.

Untitled.png

Just before this step here:
Copy my custom .rdf or the TRF22 .rdf into the folder (ie. next to the .exe) for Woosah's old editor. The Old Editor uses the .rdf next to its .exe to make edits, not the one in the Rugby 08 directory.
Thank you so much for your help!!! Your image helped me solve the problem. I apparently hadn't installed the editor correctly and this resulted in the issues. I have never used it before, so wasn't sure of what the folder contents were meant to look like (and no idea something was wrong before your image). I realised that it was very important to specify the installation location, instead of using the default location.

I think I may get more involved in this community, I do love making/editing/using mods, but also am a rugby fan. We are niche group for sure, haha. Once I learn more about custom resolutions and the basic splash page and background imagery I may try and design some things...I do some graphical editing for my job.

From a 3D graphical improvement aspect I have used the NVIDIA control panel to improve the graphics noticeably – more anti aliasing, better texture filtering (so that looking at the pitch at oblique angles is more crisp). I have also tried using a 3rd party AI upscaler, which also can increase the sharpness etc., but would need to test it out more before making recommendations, the app is called Lossless Scaling, it is a dollar or so on Steam.

Thanks again :)

From a 3D graphical improvement aspect I have used the NVIDIA control panel to improve the graphics noticeably – more anti aliasing, better texture filtering (so that looking at the pitch at oblique angles is more crisp). I have also tried using a 3rd party AI upscaler, which also can increase the sharpness etc., but would need to test it out more before making recommendations, the app is called Lossless Scaling, it is a dollar or so on Steam.
You could also try RTX Remix if you have a 30 or 40-series Nvidia card. I've tried it but got stuck on the resolution not working above 640*480.

Just an appreciation post to all who work to make the best sporting game enjoyable. With new roster players new stadiums and lots thank you guys I just struggle with finding the right players because I notice some players are in different teams.

Latest posts