Step 4: Search for M.Coetzee and click on Athetics
Step 5: Change player face id to 14018
Step 6: Change skin tone to medium and save

Enjoy Gents

Screenshot (66).png

Attachments

• a8bbddda0baea5ce5433622adfd2d58a.zip
    259.5 KB · Views: 25
@Pieter1989 @geostar Great work both - good to see new faces getting made (+ work going on new kits etc.). I will try to find a bit of time to finish off some of the faces I got halfway through with. I know there were a few issues with that tutorial video - let me know if/where the issues occurred for you and I'll think about an update. Good to make sure knowledge/info is available

Also I have a number of faces that are done but not attached to a skeleton if anyone wants to help me out working through those (aware that is the less interesting bit!)

Playing some rugby 22 currently and enjoying that but rugby 08 still way ahead in modding and some aspects of gameplay so will be playing both

Awesome to have you back
will gladly assist with faces if you post zip files
had some issues with the tutorial video but overall it equipped me to be able to create faces just believe at Step 9 just before you export the skeleton you need to select correct base model for your face I got stuck there for weeks with all my faces having colours not the real face that was created
But big thank you for the time you took to create the video.

Awesome to have you back
will gladly assist with faces if you post zip files
had some issues with the tutorial video but overall it equipped me to be able to create faces just believe at Step 9 just before you export the skeleton you need to select correct base model for your face I got stuck there for weeks with all my faces having colours not the real face that was created
But big thank you for the time you took to create the video.
Great work - I've update the face tracker doc with all your new models. I'm probably not going to have a whole lot of time to work on new models but will try to finish off some of the better half-finished ones and I'll try to keep up to date with the tracker + compile a face pack at some point

I've got a A. Fassi face completed in a blender working file if you fancy rigging it
https://www.mediafire.com/file/pyhpt6f6hq42tc6/AFassiFacebuilder.zip/file

Screenshot (151).png

The other completed faces I have that are not rigged are:
  1. Antony Watson (remake)*
  2. Tom Curry (remake)*
  3. Henry Slade (remake)*
  4. Sam Simmonds
  5. Gareth Davies
  6. Michael Leitch
  7. Yu Tamura
  8. Timothy Lafaele
  9. Ben Carter*
  10. Taine Basham
  11. Callum Sheedy
  12. Aaron Wainwright*
  13. Josh van der Flier
  14. Aphelele Fassi*
  15. Akira Ioane*
  16. Sam Underhill (remake)*
  17. Lewis Ludlow*
  18. Harry Randall
  19. Max Mallins
  20. Jamie George*
  21. Mako Vunipola
Happy to share the blender model files for any of the above if anyone wants to finish off by rigging to skeleton. They vary in quality a lot so I've added screenshots of them all and put an Asterix next to the ones I think are best

I've got 109 days left on the facebuilder licence and have completely forgotten the rigging process so will have to refamiliarize myself if I am to finish off any of those players. May pick a couple of the better ones to rig and the get some more faces done but little just going to do a little bit and unlikely to rig most of the above players (unless we can come up with a quicker rigging process)

JPilky you can upload files 1 to 10 will assit with rigging
Do you still use the same tools as in your tutorial the quality of the Fassi image is insane
I am finish with A Fassi will upload just need to sort my Winzip
Screenshot (72).png

Just for reference, here's some image examples for rigging:

I'll see if there's an easy way to copy-paste rigging from one model to another, if this is possible then it'll be much quicker. The only groups that need to be done are the upperspine, neck and head for the model to work in-game and they're easy to assign, the rest are for animations in cutscenes.

EDIT: Send the unfinished heads my way as well, I've stalled on the new kits atm so can probably rig the blender models up for you.

The other completed faces I have that are not rigged are:
  1. Antony Watson (remake)*
  2. Tom Curry (remake)*
  3. Henry Slade (remake)*
  4. Sam Simmonds
  5. Gareth Davies
  6. Michael Leitch
  7. Yu Tamura
  8. Timothy Lafaele
  9. Ben Carter*
  10. Taine Basham
  11. Callum Sheedy
  12. Aaron Wainwright*
  13. Josh van der Flier
  14. Aphelele Fassi*
  15. Akira Ioane*
  16. Sam Underhill (remake)*
  17. Lewis Ludlow*
  18. Harry Randall
  19. Max Mallins
  20. Jamie George*
  21. Mako Vunipola
Happy to share the blender model files for any of the above if anyone wants to finish off by rigging to skeleton. They vary in quality a lot so I've added screenshots of them all and put an Asterix next to the ones I think are best

I've got 109 days left on the facebuilder licence and have completely forgotten the rigging process so will have to refamiliarize myself if I am to finish off any of those players. May pick a couple of the better ones to rig and the get some more faces done but little just going to do a little bit and unlikely to rig most of the above players (unless we can come up with a quicker rigging process)

@Pieter1989 @jim546

I've uploaded all the remaining unfinished faces here (lacking necks and skeleton rigging):

https://www.mediafire.com/file/p9keig99v75x5l8/Rugby+08+unfinished+faces.zip/file

Will probably look to assign players and test players we already have to get them in the game ready for a new patch and potentially try creating a new face design to get back up to speed with the whole process

webdemo avatarsdk on google
It may be an option for someone who doesn't want to fork out on a Facebuilder license, the likeness isn't that far off. Below is what I've been able to gen in 15 mins in Facebuilder this morning, vs 5 mins in Avatar sdk:

Tomos.png

The facebuilder model still needs texturing finished off which can be rushed in 20 mins or made "perfect" in an hour. The difficult bit is then making the models work in Rugby 08.

EDIT: 45 mins later, model ready for game:

tomos3.png tomos2.png
tomos4.png

Tomos Williams, replaces Charlie Hodgson, ID 18703.

Attachments

• TomosWilliams.zip
    142.5 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Jasper Wiese Face id: 3730 (Replacing Danie Rossouw)

Screenshot (84).png

Attachments

• f530e7be2d90174e9523f7e86ac535ae.zip
    231.9 KB · Views: 37
Jessie Kriel Face id : 20489 (Replacing Marius Joubert)

Screenshot (82).png

Attachments

• ae8281d1bad94a80efa54ab8218cdbd3.zip
    258.2 KB · Views: 48
Jamie George Face id 25898 (Replacing Steve Thompson)

Screenshot (85).png

Attachments

• d31868a2fbb545d054ac340c1a492152.zip
    239.7 KB · Views: 34
Aphelele Fassi Face id: 41096 (Replacing General Face)

Screenshot (72).png

Attachments

• ece8fd605441dc7df40cddbfacec78a4.zip
    219.6 KB · Views: 39
Hi Jim546, JPilky, Anyone and all moddling faces specially

Will it be correct to say that we use Ama roster as a guide for players faces id's.
I made a mistake with C.Reinach whereby I allocated Neil de Kock face to him but it was already Allocated to Willie le Roux then I went to check his face id on the rost which was then Allocated to Jalibert.
Believe Jpilky is on it to smooth out errors with excell sheet
But my personal opinion will be lets stick to Ama rost face ids and work on that looking forward to hear from you

But my personal opinion will be lets stick to Ama rost face ids and work on that
That seems to be the general consensus. I chose the self-assigned route to avoid conflicts in the existing roster, but it might just be easier to use the roster as-is going forward and swap out clashes as they occur.

Latest posts