• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TRF Fellowship of the Ring

His whole speech in the third one was originally Eomer's. This makes me mildly dislike him.

Indeed...I think the charge at helms deep was his finest hour ..Does anyone know does Gamling survive as he was left behind in the keep on foot as the Uruk Hai poured in.

I may re-read to books its been about 8 years since I completed the Return of the king my memory of the texts is fading

Hmmmn ... I'm not sure which one i'd be ... I can certainly relate to Theoden, as some days I have as much trouble moving as he does

... maybe Celeborn, but I guess I can only dream of aspiring to the acting ability needed for such a critical part, and the extrovert character traits that he shows in the movie :D

... perhaps I could just be an Orc like half of New Zealand was.

P.S ... I want to play the part of Chico the Dwarf in "The Hobbit" movies

What is the general consensus on Theoden? I think he is absolutely badass..pure inspiration. whereas my friends think he is merely a liability on the battlefield as an old man.
He ain't part of the Fellowship, he's just a wannabe hero.

AND ARE YOU SAYING I GOT RAPED BY CYRIL?!?!

Are you dislexique?

Anyone know why Tom Bombadil was kept out of the film version?

"Both Ralph Bakshi and Peter Jackson stated that the reason the character was omitted from their films was because, in their view, he does little to advance the story, and would make their films unnecessarily long"

89832_1226790366765_495_300.jpg

Are you dislexique?

Anyone know why Tom Bombadil was kept out of the film version?

Not sure really read an article about it a while back but apparently he did not fit in with Jacksons plans ...Tolkien apparently used bombadil as some form of metaphor ..kind of odd man.

Apparently Tolkien was primarily a linguist and merely wrote the lord of the rings as a backbone and to give a history to the elvel and dwarvish languages he created.

Boromir is so *****in' that after the ring is destroyed he decides to become Lord of Winterfall.

Interesting fact - Sean Bean once played a role that involved being a sealed knot pikeman - For those unaware, a pike push in the SK is a bit like a cross between scrummaging & rucking while wearing metal armour and holding 16ft pikes.

Et-tu:
<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1t_4g5f04PA?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1t_4g5f04PA?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

The idea was he would stand in the pike block and do his lines for all close up scenes, but whenever the hit and pike-push happened he would be replaced by someone who knew what they were doing.

Now the SK pikemen who were employed for the filming of the role, being of the same breed which brings us beer swilling prop-forwards, thought it would be a great idea to not let Bean out. So they didn't. And Sean Bean, the big tough actor of Sharpe, LOTR and Game of Thrones fame, experienced a pike push.

So naturally, he reverted to his Thespian genes and screamed like a girl throughout.

Latest posts