• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TRF London Meetup Planning

G

getofmeland

After the success of the Millenium Magic and the small meetup with the guys this weekend to watch the South Africa vs England game... I propose another meetup, with as many members as possible, I am thinking September time, so it would give us plenty of time to organise things...

We have several options, one of which is the Guinness Premiership Double Header the other is to watch a World Cup match in a London bar or another is a normal Guinness Premiership game...

As the dates haven't been announced for the Guinness Premiership fixtures, its just an idea to get discussion going...

One date I would be interested in is the England vs South Africa World Cup Group Game on 14/09/2007

Or We could go for the climax of the Tournament 20/10/2007

Plenty of options available, so lets get some talk going...

what about the wales vs england game at twickers on the 4th of august

id be up to get the train dwon for that one

From a purely selfish point of view, a World Cup final meet-up would suit me best at this very early stage.

I honestly don't think going to a game is strictly necessary. In fact, judging by the success of Saturday, I would say spending all day in pubs and bars watching rugby is actually preferable.

When you get a lot of people meeting in person, a pub is the ideal environment. It allows a hell of a lot of banter to go on, not only within the group but with other random people you meet as well, something which isn't as easy at a live game.

And you are then already in the city centre, so can begin partying straight after the rugby finishes.

Me, Webby and QKTV had a good natter about sorting out a big meet up for the World Cup Final.

We did have some ideas and I am trying to follow up what we brainstormed (drunkenly) on Saturday.

I'll try and have an answer for you guys this week.

The important thing is that we have the designated places to go to before, during and after a match (i.e. Bok bar in Baker St and Covent Garden for example).

I think arranging something for the World Cup Final would be best in my honest opinion, an excellent winter warmer if I do say so myself.

Well what would be great is if the Guinness Premiership Double Header was on the same day as the South Africa vs England World Cup Game...

But World Cup Final would be special... especially if we made a point of wearing our nations shirts or something...

National jerseys are a must I feel. If anyone does not turn up with one, we must carry him home and dress him ourselves!

I was going to go to the double header myself with two guys from Denmark to introduce them to the joy of Rugby.

Well we have plenty of time to organise it, I am sure we can get Dan to come down for it as well...

Surely there should!

We've got beardy and Davidson in London town for a start, then Rugby_Cymru can be tempted out of Cardiff with the lure of hair styling products and free protein shakes!

I think when the time comes we need to advertise this as loudly as possible.

The thread has only been up a few days. We'll get plenty down/up/in/out for it, no problem.

London's easy enough for me... if it was on a week night I'd be here for work anyway, but assume this is going to be some sort of weekend affair...

Provisionally count me in. I should have my GB jersey by then...
[/b]

Provisionally? You're having a laugh? Provisionally. Right

We're going to want at least 30 - 50 people if Pressy can get the spot in question, you're all in for a big surprise.

We've got beardy and Davidson in London town for a start, then Rugby_Cymru can be tempted out of Cardiff with the lure of hair styling products and free protein shakes!
[/b]

*Matt awakens from his Boredom Coma*

Did i hear someone say "hair styling products" and "free protein shakes" ???

Tell me more, i'm interested...

The protein drinks will be spiked with Vodka, so I am guessing your a defo now Matt, if you can get the time off work that is...

As long as Wales aren't going to be playing in Cardiff on my days off i'll be able to come no problem.
Otherwise, i am contractually obliged to work come Wales int. days.

As long as Wales aren't going to be playing in Cardiff on my days off i'll be able to come no problem.
Otherwise, i am contractually obliged to work come Wales int. days.
[/b]

Mate, we're talking RWC final day.

Get real. ;)

Latest posts