• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TRF Rugby 10 Patch

so u replace the away kit with the alternate if that is the case i no this sounds stupid but you could delete other teams and make a replica team with the alternate so u hav 2 kits 1 with 1 without does that sound stupid or could that solve the problem
No that won't solve it.

The easiest way by far is to just have a .bat file or something similar that means you can swap files for a certain mode.

So like.. heineken cup.bat would load home and euro kits (as away kit) and the h-cup ball and h-cup stadium graphics. Unfortunately, i don't know how to make .bat files, though they are quite easy i would have thought once you know how not to mess the thing up.

Actually though, thinking about it.. if you took a kit file.. of any team and renamed it to a unique filename, can you not go into the kit.xml and add that filename, so the game would load it from that?
Hey buddy great to see you back in action!I don't know about you but I haven't seen a kit.xml file anywhere...But it sounds like something down kingwilko's (Colin) alley, I mean he made that faces.xml file for the face editor...So maybe it can be possible?

Hi King, did you manage to asked someone to help with the melbourne rebles kit and Kit back?,
Hi Rudolph, yes I did ask ShaheenJ and still waiting to hear from him...

excellent stuff bru downloading it right now haha could u just go over it again how to use this quickly please?

Howzit guys. I downloaded a patch and saved it to my rugby08 main folder and it not working. What do I have to do?

excellent stuff bru downloading it right now haha could u just go over it again how to use this quickly please?

From the 1st page:
****Installation Instructions****
Roster: Extract the FOLDER named Rugby08.ros to My Documents\EA SPORTSâ"¢ Rugby 08.

Patch Files: Extract all the files from the Rugby 08 Full Patch.rar to your Rugby 08 main folder,
Normally
C:\Program Files\EA Sports\EA SPORTS(tm) Rugby 08

Howzit guys. I downloaded a patch and saved it to my rugby08 main folder and it not working. What do I have to do?

Did you follow the above instructions?And can you post me a screen shot of your C:\Program Files\EA Sports\EA SPORTS(tm) Rugby 08 directory please?

ive got a problem i downloaded the full patch and the roster i used the roster but then changed gavin henson for toby flood for the star but when in game i could swap the club teams but henson now plays for england and flood doesn't play for wales. I then went on to the editor again and went onto team edit and there is not team to edit it says add a roster. im totally confuzed btw i was using woosah 08 btw ;)

is the heineken cup in this mod and are the new leinster and munster kits + squads in it : ):D:D:D:D:D

there r the new teams but not new kits :/ on the other hand tho odricol has lost his star ;) as a irishman im sure ul likke that ;)

From the 1st page:

Did you follow the above instructions?And can you post me a screen shot of your C:\Program Files\EA Sports\EA SPORTS(tm) Rugby 08 directory please?

I don't know what extract means? I just thought you had to save the thing to the main folder? I really suck with computers, sorry. I didn't download your patch, I downloaded the SANZAR one with the ANZ cup. Does that make a dif? Here's the screenshot:

Rugby 08 main folder snapshot.jpg

Hey do you think you could include RWC 2011 in your next update, I'd really really appreciate it! I've also noticed a side effect the roster causes on the game. When playing in tournament mode the simulated results appear unrealistic, eg. Italy consistently hammering the All Blacks by 50 or more points. Have you ever experienced this? Thanks alot, great update.

Last edited:
I don't know about you but I haven't seen a kit.xml file anywhere[/QUOTE said:
I am certain i have seen a file that lists all the kits, i'm sure it was used to activate the australia away kit. I'm thinking some tinkering in there, such as making a new filename and matching it in that file might work, if it reads the data.

To everyone who worked on all the patches: It's fantastic. my game has come alive again. Thanks so much guys, you are really doing good work. Thanks a lot. Wish I could do something to help?

u can keep downloading my rosters and the kits,patches and other mods that come out and give us feedback

my rosters have mucked up there are no team id's il need to get a roster with teams on i cba to start again

Has anyone created the new international kits? England home/away, Samoa etc?

I tried creating Samoa's kit but gave up after about 30 mins of wtf am I doing.

sorry, I know this has been mentioned before but could you please change the Lions kit to the correct one?

NVM, found it after searching a bit.
Thanks andrews!

Last edited:

Latest posts