• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TRF Rugby 10 Patch

just 2 problems:
the new audio isnt coming through.
in competition modes the weaker teasm are winning all the time. the all blacks came bottom of their pool in a world cup i just did

just for the record, i love the patch, being able to play as the ospreys against the other newly outfitted and kitted welsh regions is awesome, so thank you so much.

Hi,I recently installed the patch and all its fantastic, and when I add the wales, England and Samoan kits, a better face for carter and somo other 2011 kits it will be perfect.
But when I played with the All Blacks, looks like they are the only ones that have this problem with their shirts...

AllBlackserror.jpg

I don't have this error in the previous patch... How can we fix it?

Hi Intercept King! I've just downloaded your new patch. It's great!! I see the result of your work and of all patch team. During last month I've tried to make my favourite team with kit and players' faces but I haven't obtained anything. So I'd like to know where you learned how to make kit and how changing team's name. If there were some topic about it, could you tell me, please? Especially I need to know how can I convert the jpg format (from photos and images) to .fsh, .big files. Thanks :lol:

Thanks JDV mind if I send you my updated roster for the players and their Tattoos?
Sure you can send it to me.

Thank You! Took me 3 mins to download :)
WOW!that's fast internet, wish I had that LOL

ive tried to open team edin in woosah editor and it says load roster :( wot do i do becoz i want to give stars to players like flood but keep them in the right national team :)
Do you mean you can't see the teams in the team edit screen in the editor?

where are the audio files for the new patch?
Haha there aren't any new audio files in this patch, I have my own songs ingame and some of them are Afrikaans.You can always import your own songs into the game...

Awesome gonna likle playing with this patch! Only thing is Ten Nations crashes to desktop when you select to start the tourney, thought I might point that out.
Oh yeah I forgot to point that out...I was busy trying to see if I could get the 10 Nations menu fixed but I ended up messing it up...:D.Will see if I can find a quick solution for it.

while im loving the update man, and you've done a truly wonderful job, i'm afraid i have to report an error on the Ten Nations loadup. It's saying that Rugby 08 has a problem and has to close.
Read above.

just 2 problems:
in competition modes the weaker teasm are winning all the time. the all blacks came bottom of their pool in a world cup i just did
Well then I don't know whats going on because I edited the teams with the team editor so that the strong teams are strong and the weak teams weak...:(

Hi,I recently installed the patch and all its fantastic, and when I add the wales, England and Samoan kits, a better face for carter and somo other 2011 kits it will be perfect.
But when I played with the All Blacks, looks like they are the only ones that have this problem with their shirts...

AllBlackserror.jpg

I don't have this error in the previous patch... How can we fix it?
I don't know whats wrong mate, I don't get that glich...

Hi Intercept King! I've just downloaded your new patch. It's great!! I see the result of your work and of all patch team. During last month I've tried to make my favourite team with kit and players' faces but I haven't obtained anything. So I'd like to know where you learned how to make kit and how changing team's name. If there were some topic about it, could you tell me, please? Especially I need to know how can I convert the jpg format (from photos and images) to .fsh, .big files. Thanks :lol:
I will see how and when I can help you with that.

You guys will also probably have seen that the strongest players aren't in the starting 22, I took the averages of appearances that a player made in the 1st 6 games of the Aviva Prem, Magners League and TOP14 to calculate the starting 22 of a team.This means guys like Jamie Roberts and Matthew Tait aren't in their club's match 22.This will be updated with coming roster only updates.

Great work TRF Patch Team, fantastic update.

I am still having trouble with Scarlets v Newport Gwent Dragons. it loads so far, and stops. When I went to the desktop, an error message popped up.
I'll try to post a pic soon (Just addicted to playing right now, so I can't bring myself to crash the game!)

" im gunna edit roster and change star players"

How do you do that? You only put a star above his head or give it the star attributes too?

I can't get the World League to work properly for some reason. Won't load half of the matches, and none if I change any of the starting XV :/

Great work TRF Patch Team, fantastic update.

I am still having trouble with Scarlets v Newport Gwent Dragons. it loads so far, and stops. When I went to the desktop, an error message popped up.
I'll try to post a pic soon (Just addicted to playing right now, so I can't bring myself to crash the game!)
Yeah I also get that "crash" sometime...I don't know if it is something to do with the new kits, specifically HD kits, hope not.

I can't get the World League to work properly for some reason. Won't load half of the matches, and none if I change any of the starting XV :/
The WL looks like it had and always will have "bugs" that cause the game to crash, I'm also getting frustrated with it don't worry!

BTW guys how is the RWC 2011 mod? I know that the logos, stadium graphics, adboards and kit ect needs updating but that will hopefully be done when the correct kits and stuff are released next year...

@War1...hey Warren JJR...can u hook me up with all the links so i can get this game on my comp with all the patches and updates, etc.

Howzit bro, this patch is pretty much the best you can get for Rugby 08, links are on the 1st page and you might need woosahs editor as well, just look for the thread in the rugby 08 mods section. If you have any more questions just inbox me on fb.

Well, I just tried it and played 2 matches in the World Cup. It's very nice. I just noticed that some of the specified player-related commentary is still there.

I scored a try with Jaque Fourie and heard it was an amazing try by O'Driscoll.

Well, I just tried it and played 2 matches in the World Cup. It's very nice. I just noticed that some of the specified player-related commentary is still there.

I scored a try with Jaque Fourie and heard it was an amazing try by O'Driscoll.

Because Jaque Fourie has O'Driscoll's "star", this means that JF now has BOD's player ID and "action" commentary is hard coded to a players ID, same goes for Nonu that has Umanga's "star" and so on.

Well, then I will probably hear Montgomery scoring a try when Francois Steyn crosses the line and touches down.

Understood. I am very happy with the patch and I will wait in anticipation for the Super 15-patch later on.

Any ideas for the new star player updates?
O'Gara -> Morne Steyn (powerful boot)
Paterson -> Kurtley Beale (Paterson might not have star skills now)

I'm very happy. I turn the crappy commentary off anyhow. Woulda been happy if the RWC was the only thing updated

gr8 patch 1 problem

for world vup 2011 the kits r still the old kits can this be sorted out :)

gr8 patch 1 problem

for world vup 2011 the kits r still the old kits can this be sorted out :)

If you mean updating those RWC 2007 kits to the kits that the teams are currently using, then yes.But I left it as it was because I didn't think that was important....

Speaking of kits, I think I might have found the reason why the game "stalls" when you play teams like Scarlets v Newport Gwent Dragons or Scarlets v Ulster...Think it is something to do with the coding and/or size of the kitbacks for those teams.

I need someone to test it please...Go to the location where you installed the patch files(you should know where that is LOL) and either cut and paste these 3 files to somewhere else or delete them so that they aren't in the rugby 08 main folder anymore

f62b845fd51d2fad1ebc7a3574661a82.fsh - Newport Gwent Dragons home kitback
b8ee85b3219272a58ab0a9dc9e50a367.fsh - Scarlets home kitback
5b5e808f181c1f64add6ff984bdb8cb1.fsh - Ulster home kitback

Then play with these 3 teams against each other with their home kits and see if the game still "stalls" or loads please.

hmmm about a min or so into a the 2nd game for Canada in the WC, against France, it crashes for me. Not sure why. Thought it was a player so I didn't start him. But it wasn't that player.

I'm thinking it's the stadium cos it seems to happen when it zooms out.

Last edited:

Latest posts