8. Denis Leamy IRE
9. Dwayne Peel WAL
10. Dan Carter NZ
11. Bryan Habana SA
12. Matt Gitteau AUS
13. Brian O'Driscoll IRE
14. Joe Rokocoko NZ
15. Juan Martin Hernandez ARG

Currently no French or English, have a feeling that may change by the end of the WC.

1.T.Woodcock - (unless the refs finally realize he's scrummaging in a different direction to everyone else - then it would be Marconnet)

2.J.Smit - (by default - there is a serious lack of quality hookers around these days.)

3.C.Hayman

4.V.Matfield

5.Dan 'better than Matfield' Vickerman ©

6.R.McCaw

7.G.Smith

8.J.Collins

9.F.Du Preez

10.S.Larkham

11.B.Habana

12.B.O'Driscoll- (just to keep the micks happy) :p

13.S.Mortlock - (by far the best centre in the world right now)

14.J.Rokococo

15.C.Latham

=======================================================

16.K.Mealamu

17.M.Castrogiavanni

18.N.Sharpe

19.S.Burger

20.M.Giteau

21.D.Carter

22.M.Muliaina

2.J.Smit - (by default - there is a serious lack of quality hookers around these days.)

[/b]

Serious lack of hookers around these days? What do you mean? Mealamu, Smit, Oliver and Flannery are all top class in most peoples books.
And also, Dan is not better than Victor :wacko:

Mealamu - Amazing in general play but utter shite at the set peice.... throws like a manatee on heat.

Oliver - Besides scrummaging, what else is he good at?

Smit - Very Strong at the set peice but doesn't really offer anything around the paddock.

Flannery - He's been displaced by Rory Best hasn't he?

None of todays hookers compare to the likes of Fitzy,Wood,Kearns,Thompson(circa 03) etc..

None of todays hookers compare to the likes of Fitzy,Wood,Kearns,Thompson(circa 03) etc..[/b]

Wait until Dylan Hartley appears on the international scene over then next year. He's only 19 years old and already tears apart everyone he goes up against. If he ever manages to control his temper he could well end up as the best in the world. Of course, the Kiwis won't agree with that being as he's playing for England instead of his motherland...

He's the kiwi someone was talking about on here a while ago isn't he?... haven't seen him play yet.

Tatafu Polota-Nau is definately another to watch out for in the future.I'd already rate him as the most dangerous front-rower around in open play, he just needs to improve his throwing.I don't know of any other hookers that also play flanker/#8 at super rugby level.

Gutted he wasn't selected in the wc squad :angry:

Well, this is my squad. Really hard to decide between so many good players, but this does it for me:

1. Petru Balan
2. Marius Tincu
3. Carl Hayman
4. Victor Matfield
5. Daniel Vickerman
6. Schalk Burger
7. Ritchie McCaw
8. Sebastien Chabal
9. Augustin Pichot
10. Daniel Carter
11. Bryan Habana
12. Luke McAlister
13. Brian O'Driscoll
14. Lote Tuqiri
15. Juan Martin Hernandez

16. Os du Randt
17. John Smit
18. Bakkies Botha
19. Jerry Collins
20. Peter Stringer
21. Gordon D'Arcy
22. Francois Steyn

He's the kiwi someone was talking about on here a while ago isn't he?... haven't seen him play yet.

Tatafu Polota-Nau is definately another to watch out for in the future.I'd already rate him as the most dangerous front-rower around in open play, he just needs to improve his throwing.I don't know of any other hookers that also play flanker/#8 at super rugby level.

Gutted he wasn't selected in the wc squad :angry:

[/b]

I think so

Mealamu - Amazing in general play but utter shite at the set peice.... throws like a manatee on heat.

Oliver - Besides scrummaging, what else is he good at?

Smit - Very Strong at the set peice but doesn't really offer anything around the paddock.

Flannery - He's been displaced by Rory Best hasn't he?

None of todays hookers compare to the likes of Fitzy,Wood,Kearns,Thompson(circa 03) etc..
[/b]

How is Mealamu utter shite at the set piece? His scrums are solid and only his throwing is scratchy. No one is as dynamic in open play as Mealamu, that includes all non-hookers.

Flannery was replaced by Best as he came back from injury and recently Ireland have been going for more scrum power in Best. Just like with NZ picking Oliver over Mealamu. Doesn't mean he isn't playing well.

Your not talking sense, it's like me saying that full backs are utter shite these days as the likes of Cullen and Blanco are a distant memory and no one comes close (they don't, not even Latham).

Also, I would hardly categorize Phil Kerans and Steve Thompson in a league of their own, Mealamu and Oliver are just as good. Thompson = couldn't throw straight, so why bag Mealamu for it? Mealamu is also much more prominent and effective around the park than Thompson

Kearns and Oliver are similar, both very good scrummagers.

So I honestly can't understand what you are saying, doesn't make sense.

1 Balan, 2 Ibañez, 3 Castrogiovanni, 4 O'Connell, 5 Matfield, 6 Burger, 7 McCaw, 8 Parisse, 9 Pichot ©, 10 Carter, 11 Habana, 12 Jauzion, 13 O'Driscoll, 14 Ashley-Cooper, 15 Hernández

1 Balan, 2 Ibañez, 3 Castrogiovanni, 4 O'Connell, 5 Matfield, 6 Burger, 7 McCaw, 8 Parisse, 9 Pichot ©, 10 Carter, 11 Habana, 12 Jauzion, 13 O'Driscoll, 14 Ashley-Cooper, 15 Hernández [/b]
A very controversial squad has been picked here! I can't wait to hear all the objections!

The inclusion of AAC at #14 is somewhat brave, but he has been playing rather good football for the Wallabies.

It's a shame I don't get to see many games apart from SANZAR, and PI teams :( It would be great to be able to see european teams play aswell as the americas.

Here`s my initial squad:

15- Hernandez, 14- Sivivatu, 13- O`Driscoll, 12- Giteau, 11- Habana, 10- Carter, 9- Du Preez, 8- Leamy, 7- McCaw, 6- Burger, 5- Matfield, 4- O`Connell, 3- Hayman, 2- Ibanez, 1- Marconnet

Reserves: 16- Smit, 17- Castrogiovanni, 18- Vickermann, 19- G.Smith, 20- Peel, 21- Wilkinson, 22- Steyn

How is Mealamu utter shite at the set piece? His scrums are solid and only his throwing is scratchy. No one is as dynamic in open play as Mealamu, that includes all non-hookers.

Flannery was replaced by Best as he came back from injury and recently Ireland have been going for more scrum power in Best. Just like with NZ picking Oliver over Mealamu. Doesn't mean he isn't playing well.

Your not talking sense, it's like me saying that full backs are utter shite these days as the likes of Cullen and Blanco are a distant memory and no one comes close (they don't, not even Latham).

Also, I would hardly categorize Phil Kerans and Steve Thompson in a league of their own, Mealamu and Oliver are just as good. Thompson = couldn't throw straight, so why bag Mealamu for it? Mealamu is also much more prominent and effective around the park than Thompson

Kearns and Oliver are similar, both very good scrummagers.

So I honestly can't understand what you are saying, doesn't make sense. [/b]

it does make sense you really can't name a hooker without problems anton is good not great around the field and his lineout throwing is poor.

mealamu is dodgie at lineout time and olivers better at scrum time.i hadn't even heard of flannery but if hes so good he should walk back into the irish team easy.

j.smit doesn't standout around the field. latham, j.robinson and mils muliania are all good fullbacks that you would select without concerns. however picking any hooker leaves doubts and holes at the moment.

1 Balan, 2 Ibañez, 3 Castrogiovanni, 4 O'Connell, 5 Matfield, 6 Burger, 7 McCaw, 8 Parisse, 9 Pichot ©, 10 Carter, 11 Habana, 12 Jauzion, 13 O'Driscoll, 14 Ashley-Cooper, 15 Hernández [/b]
no hayman :wacko: ?

ashley-cooper what a joke. you would select him ahead of sivivatu,howlett,rococoko and robinson?

Well, this is my squad. Really hard to decide between so many good players, but this does it for me:

1. Petru Balan
2. Marius Tincu
3. Carl Hayman
4. Victor Matfield
5. Daniel Vickerman
6. Schalk Burger
7. Ritchie McCaw
8. Sebastien Chabal
9. Augustin Pichot
10. Daniel Carter
11. Bryan Habana
12. Luke McAlister
13. Brian O'Driscoll
14. Lote Tuqiri
15. Juan Martin Hernandez

16. Os du Randt
17. John Smit
18. Bakkies Botha
19. Jerry Collins
20. Peter Stringer
21. Gordon D'Arcy
22. Francois Steyn
[/b]
lote tiquiri? the guy has scored one try in the last 15months. hes clearly got discipline problems and while hes strong he lacks elusiveness.

Maybe so, but I'll always consider him a dangerous player, and definitely one of the best wings out there. Sure, he didn't perform that great lately, but I expect to see him scoring at the RWC.

1. Hayman
2. Smit
3. Woodcock
4. Matfield
5. A Williams
6. Collins
7. McCaw
8. Rodney

9. Du Preez

10. Carter
11. Rocokoko
12. McAlister
13. O'Driscoll (Toeava in 3 months time)
14. Sivivatu
15. Hernandez

16. Castrogiovanni
17. Mealamu (Impact)
18. O'Connell
19. Burger
20. Leonard (See Mealamu)
21. Toeava (Can Cover 10-15 with ease)
22. Mils

<div class='quotemain'>So I honestly can't understand what you are saying, doesn't make sense. [/b]

Thats not my problem mate, give it another go.
[/b][/quote]

My problem? Hah, you are the one trying to express your views aren't you? Your missing the point completely of what I'm trying to say, you might want to "give it another go".

Doesn't every player have their flaws? I mean you say no hookers today compare to Wood, Fitzpatrick, Kearns and Thompson (you serious?). Yes that is true mate, but what I'm saying is that applies to alot of positions these days. eg- Cullen, Blanco at 15, Lomu, Wilson at wing, are all better than players going around in those positions nowadays.

So why bag Mealamu? I'm not gonna say Latham is ***** just because there was a guy called Cullen who was so much better than he was.

I tried to pick a squad that would include only 1 player from each country, the mission was too difficult for my patience, this is how far i got:

2. John Smith (SA)
7. George Smith (AUS)
8. Martin Corry (ENG)
9. Jean-Baptiste Elissalde (FRA)
10. Daniel Carter (NZ)
11. Shane Williams (WAL)
12. Brian Lima (SAM)
13. O'Driscoll (IRE)
15. Hernandez (ARG)
If anyone want to fill out the rest, feel free 8)

Well my dream (on) team would include Umaga, Caucan and Mishalak, and it would be pointless to make that kind of team 8)

-SB

Ok, here's my shout:

1. Hayman
2. Smit
3. Stevens
4. Matfield
5. O'Connell
6. Burger
7. McCaw
8. Leamy
9. Peel
10. Carter
11. Rokocoko
12. Smith (know he's really a 13, but reckon hes got the vision for 12)
13. O'Driscoll
14. Habana
15. Muliaina

16. du Randt
17. Ibanez
18. Shaw
19. Collins
20. du Preez
21. Larkham
22. Howlett

1. Tony Woodcock
2. Rafael Ibanez