• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Triple Draw

<div class='quotemain'> If 2 teams are tied then the match result between the sides determines who qualifies.

If 3 or more teams are tied then it comes down to points difference, if that is level then it comes down to try difference, if that is the same it then comes down to who has scored the most points, next scenario is who has scored for most tries and should we arrive at the unlikely scenario where all 3 teams finish on the same number of points, have the same points difference, try difference, have scored the same amount of tries and points then the team ranked higher in the world rankings would then qualify, which would be a bitter pill to swallow for Argentina given the nature of the Ireland win that saw them retake 5th place in the rankings. [/b]

:lol2tn: absolutely insane that scenario would be!

isn't Argentina ranked 4th now? So that means if THAT happens, Arg will qualify won't they?
[/b][/quote]

It'll be rankings as of October 1, so with points being doubled and the unlikely scenario meaning Ireland would beat Argentina, that would be beneficial for Ireland as beating a team ranked above you gets you more points and also it's doubled during the world cup, so even better for Ireland.

after the france namibia game, and the ireland georgia one, a triple draw would be the perfect thing for the french, and would mean bye bye ireland

Put it in that way (yes, I know that I posted the same in other rooms. It perfectly fits here too)

Well, the probabilities (without counting in any draw) are as follows:
This are the Actual points
Arg 9
Ire 9
Fra 6
Geo 1
Nam 0

Take a (+) as game won to this country (for instance, Ar: -Ir, + Na means that Ar will lose against Ireland and win against Namibia)
Stars are the most probable results, and parenthesis are my final-points prediction and why.

Possible final points
* Ar: + Ir, + Na 17, 18 or 19 (18, no bonus from Ire)
* Ar: - Ir, + Na 13, 14 or 15 (15, bonus from Ire)
Ar: + Ir, - Na 13, 14 or 15
Ar: - Ir, - Na 9, 10 or 11

Ir: + Fr, + Ar 17, 18 or 19
* Ir: -Fr, + Ar 13, 14 or 15 (14, no bonus from Ar, bonus from Fr)
Ir: + Fr, - Ar 13, 14 or 15
* Ir: -Fr, - Ar 9, 10 or 11 (go home)

* Fr: +Ge, + Ir 14, 15 or 16 (14, no bonus from Ir nor from Geo)
* Fr: +Ge, - Ir 10, 11or 12 (go home)
Fr: - Ge, - Ir 6, 7 or 8
Fr: - Ge, + Ir 10, 11 or 12

If I am not wrong, that means that Arg should go 1st, and France 2nd (more tries than Ireland) to die with the All blacks, and Arg with probabilities to win over Scotland and to die with South Africa (unless a miracle help us, to be realistic) :cryy:
Tho only possibility I see to be the reverse case (Fr 1st - Ar 2nd) is Ar losing with Ire and France winning both games with bonus from both games. That it not gonna happen.

Ah, the triple draw????? Forget about it!!!! :toss: