• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Try of the Tournament

D

dobbin252

What is everyone's try of the tournament so far. Here's mine

1. Tonga's 3rd try today

2. Japan's first yesterday

3. Clerc's first - the once with Michalck's kick

South Africa 4th try(?), the one with this incredible pass just after being tackled

so far it has to be the south african try yesterday. the one which they scored straight after kick off. jp pietersen was awesome

Its gotta be the 90m Tonga vs Springboks try I just couldn't believe it. That kick from the hooker was awesome right down the sideline and managed to get it in somehow.

those two tries everyones talking about from the sth african/tongan match!...classic status..chalk these on the highlights board!

for me it has to be the japan one against wales where they run it from there own try line! awsome stuff! :D

No try has made me happier about the tournament than Portugal's in the All Black game.

I say Japan's try against Wales too. It was absolutely awesome but admittedly some of the passing was rather flimsy but end to end rugby, you can't easily beat that!

No try has made me happier about the tournament than Portugal's in the All Black game. [/b]

But in terms of spirit and situation, yeah it was big, but in terms of quality and skill it isn't a priceless one.

Japan vs Wales for me.

We could do f*** all about it!
[/b]

It could have been stopped, the welsh player who tackled the final passer could have stayed out to mark the eventual try scorer and relied on the cover defence which eventually would get there. All so obvious to an armchair expert!!!

From what i remember, Shane (the final tackler) had to cover another defender (maybe 2) so if he simply drifted on to the last man, the previous player simply wouldn't have shifted the ball in and would have run straight for the try line.

Latest posts