Watch the video and vote

• Try

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No-Try

• Too close to call

• Total voters
I believe it was a try, however there was enough doubt there about being held up in my mind - not going into touch. It should have been Force scrum....

I am guessing it wasnt given as a try, so what was given as a result just so I know...

good question i am not sure. if he was held up he eventually went over the sideline so it could have been a 22m but for all i know it could have been a scrum :D doest matter now its in the histroy books.

Very close call, but this would have to be a "benifit to the attacking team" call in my opinion, because you can see he doesn't go into touch and he only needs to have a tiny bit of the ball touch the 1 blade of grass from the white line, and there is enough footage to suggest he may have, and nothing conclusive to prove he didn't.

Originally posted by woosaah@Apr 25 2006, 06:17 PM
get over it
I'm over it, i stopped talking about it on the night of the match(check the thread), the only reason i started this poll is because i found that video on another forum and alot of people hadn't seen it yet.

I cant argue with the people that said it was no try after watching the video i posted, even i started to doubt myself a little after watching that.........i had to go back and watch the footage i had on my pay tv digital recorder in good quality just to reaffirm it was indeed a TRY.

The problem with the footage i posted was that you couldn't make out the try line from the front on view...... it's obviously alot clearer watching it in digital quality on tv.

The TMO said he was out in touch, but the touch judge was right on the spot and could see nothing wrong with it....... therefore the benefit of the doubt has to go to the attacking team.

Anyway... as someone said ealier it's all history now and us Force fans should just be glad with the fact that we pwned the undefeated Crusaders.

We can put this debate to bed now (for all Crusader fans sake) ...... but if the Waratahs finish less than three points behind the Crusaders at the end of the regular season, im sure we'll hear more about this.

I thought it was a no try based on seeing the replays live during the game.

even if saire doesn't go out it looked like macDonalds hand was underneath the ball anyway.

too much doubt no try fair decision

this no doubt will come up if the points are close and hopefully the hamilton "offside" that cost the crausders 3 points and a win gets brought up as well as the force try.

Originally posted by esoj@Apr 27 2006, 08:49 PM
I thought it was a no try based on seeing the replays live during the game.

even if saire doesn't go out it looked like macDonalds hand was underneath the ball anyway.

too much doubt no try fair decision

this no doubt will come up if the points are close and hopefully the hamilton "offside" that cost the crausders 3 points and a win gets brought up as well as the force try.
Yeah but with the Hamilton thing, it could be easily argued that Shephard or whoeve it was could have counter-attacked all the way to the other end to score a try... It was a **** kick really. What if what if...

what if he didn't though. which is what happened. crusader get line out ball and they potentially score a try or get a penalty of their own.

should have been a try.. ball grounded before the line and momentum carried him over. both feet and legs remained in the field of play.

Latest posts