• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

u16/u18s players out there....

jwest

Academy Player
been planning a move to centre from back row for a while now for fear of being too small to do any good where i am ( 6'0 81kgs colts in september)

however, not being any kind of natural athlete, i fear i'll just never have the pace to get out of the pack.

anyone who is described by the ***le and who has a recorded 40m/50m/60m/100m sprint please leave position, age, height, weight and times etc so i can get an idea of how fast i ought to be/try to be.

thanks in advance.

and i'd prefer if nobody reminded me that i'd be a small centre even if i were fast enough :'(

I can do the 100m in roughly 14 seconds can't remember the exact decimal, as for the others I am not sure. I am just over 6 foot, I play flanker am 17 and weigh 13.5 stone. Hope that helps.

im same weight as you but run 100m in 12.1 (during last years athletic's)
nothing small about it
if your worried just hit the gym even if your not lighting fast
if you bulk up could be a handy 12

What Feicarsinn thought of when he saw this thread:

pedobear_17.jpg

I'm a wing, 5'8, 65kg and just finished my first year at 18s. Last time I did a timed 100m sprint was two years ago and I have changed (and so has the expected pace in the age groups I've played in) a lot since, so I can't really tell you a time well. If you can get under 14 seconds that would be just fine for a centre I'm sure and acceptable (though not ideal) for the back three. We had a pretty slow inside centre this year, but strength and a good brain made him one of the most valuable players this season so you could possibly slot in there fine!

Sounds like you could still play in the back row anyway. My team had outstanding flankers who I'm pretty sure both weighed in at under or around 80kg. Good technique will get you a long way!

thanks for the replies everyone

and you better be in the back 3 with 12.1 conal , i doubt ill ever break 13 in all honesty

the limiting factor will probably end up being a lack of skill rather than speed but ill give 12 a go and see how i do in september

Acceleration is key for you I reckon ..learn to pick nice lines off your ten...at 13 the trick of "riding the pass is probably the most beautiful feeling ever when done well ..not sure how well it works at 12 however

Fixed the image for you :p

Only made skittles vodka once, but couldn't bothered with separating them into colours so made one big bottle of brown instead :p

Don't forget to filter them, otherwise you get a gritty syrupy mess at the bottom

Fixed the image for you :p

Only made skittles vodka once, but couldn't bothered with separating them into colours so made one big bottle of brown instead :p

Don't forget to filter them, otherwise you get a gritty syrupy mess at the bottom

Yeah Eoin took home most of the drink to try it with filter paper he swiped from chemistry lab I am going to have a crack tomorrow with some coffee filters ..we were thinking of the brown mixed up how does it taste ?

Like skittles ;)
Not a lot of difference in flavours between colours, I imagine

Like skittles ;)
Not a lot of difference in flavours between colours, I imagine

Ah yeah the Lemon is fairly distinctive and the blackcurrant too however couldn't actually try it properly though...only recovered fully from Friday today

Latest posts