• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ulster v Leinster

A

An Tarbh

Top of the table clash here at Ravenhill with both sides going into this clash without key players, notably Trimble for Ulster and Contepomi for Leinster.

Paul McKenzie makes his debut but last weeks Ireland debutant Stephen Ferris is on the bench this week with Kieron Dawson starting in his place. Simon Best returns to action for Ulster following his broken leg but has featured for Ireland and Ireland 'A' in the meantime.

Leinster have to do without Contempomi so Dunne or Warner will start at flyhalf. It's 3 from 4 in the back 3 with Hickie/Horgan/Fitzgerald/Kearney all picked and it's 1 from 3 in the backrow with Stephen Keogh / Cameron Jowitt / Owen Finegan all selected.

ULSTER: 15 - Bryn Cunningham; 14 - Mark Bartholomeusz; 13 - Paul Steinmetz; 12 - Paddy Wallace; 11 - Paul McKenzie; 10 - David Humphreys; 9 - Isaac Boss; 1 - Bryan Young; 2 - Rory Best; 3 - Simon Best (Captain); 4 - Justin Harrison; 5 - Matt McCullough; 6 - Neil Best; 7 - Kieron Dawson; 8 - Roger Wilson

Replacements: 16 - Paul Shields; 17 - Justin Fitzpatrick; 18 - Tim Barker; 19 - Stephen Ferris; 20 - Kieran Campbell; 21 - Kevin Maggs ; 22 - Scott Young

LEINSTER: 15/14/11 - Hickie/Horgan/Fitzgerald/Kearney, 13 - Brian O'Driscoll ©; 12 - Gordon D'Arcy; 10 - Andy Dunne/Christian Warner; 9 - Chris Whitaker; 1 - Ronan McCormack; 2 - Brian Blaney; 3 - Fosi Pala'amo; 4 - Trevor Hogan; 5 - Malcolm O'Kelly; 6 - Stephen Keogh / Cameron Jowitt / Owen Finegan; 7 - Keith Gleeson; 8 - Jamie Heaslip

6-6 draw at Ravenhill in stormy conditions, didn't watch the whole match but Leinster seemed dominant in the second half but just weren't able to get the scores.

Interesting to hear Tyrone Howe saying it was points dropped for Ulster cause they've got nothing from Leinster at Ravenhill in the last few seasons, 2 points gained for me.

To come away with any points at Ravenhill is a good achievement in my (welsh) eyes, so Leinster can't be too disappointed.
But then again 6-6 just screams disappointing from what the game COULD have been.

well when you've come off the back of 2 wins there it's disappointing not to come away with 4 points.

Let's just hope we get a decent return fixture on New Year's Eve and give Lansdowne a proper send off.

I've seen no highlights of the game whatsoever, simply read a brief outline of the game.
Was it a shocking display of knock-ons and kicking for territory or was there a real effort to try and run only to be impeded by the horrendous conditions?

Defensively it was a superb performance from Ulster in the second half, just bear in mind the conditions were worse than the Ireland Australia match which is why Leinster were more impressive in the second half as they made relatively few errors.

Both teams were keeping it tight, there were still some great breaks by D'Arcy and Fitzgerald, which is always going to happen as Leinster are so good at playing into a wind with our style of play.

yessir they sure are

im sure the atmosphere at lansdowne in a months time will be quite raucous and bleeding of leinster support..

i'll have to watch this match when i get a chance the 6 6 draw... oh well, we need to keep up this solid effort and carry it over into the HEC.

6-6 sounds like travelling back in time 20 years. My match report didn't make it clear, but was Darcy kicking the penalties?

Dunne kicked in the first half and missed an absolute sitter in front of the post, he was subbed in the second half and D'Arcy took the kicks then.

he's out for 6 weeks with medial knee ligament damage, picked it up in Paris.

Latest posts