• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

United v Liverpool

Not at all no.

I used to be quite intolerant of Evertonians because I didn't actually know any but now I work with them I can generally laugh at most things. Very odd that, I have gone for the best part of 15 years without knowing one single Evertonian...

Why is that all the Kop ever say? Most of them aren't even old enough to remember the first 4.

Because history plays a big part in football.

[/quote]

Winning the European cup 4 times a couple of decades ago and once a couple of years ago does not, I repeat, NOT, make a team the best in europe.

It's like that scouse lad who was interviewed about his prediction for the Utd game on Sky Sports News;

"Whos going to win"
"We're gonna spank 'em"
"Why?"
"'Coz we're the Red's. Champions of Europe five times..."

No reason as to they are capable of winning. No thought into any tactical advantage the merseysiders may have. No, it's just "Because we're the reds".

Blind faith, supported by ******** reasoning.

That I agree with.

However, you can't dismiss something that happened "a couple of years ago" when most of your fans live in 1999.

How often do our lot bang on about 99 when we are top of the league Now? I'm sure there are a few who jumped on the bandwagon circa '97 and havn't left for Chelsea (yet) and say that, but I'm yet to meet one. Most of talkabout being the biggest side in England for 14 years and the only side not to ever finish outside the top 3 since the formation of the Premiership.

Liverpool have had spirts of good form occasionally, but really been **** for nigh on 20 years and the fans can't admit it. It's still "oooh... 5!".

Latest posts