6. Italy

This is what I want to happen:

1. Scotland
2. Ireland
3. England
4. Wales
5. France
6. Italy

A Scot that wants England to finish anywhere but bottom?

I am a Scot, but I live in England, and I think they are going to make a big impact next year. Hopefully it won't be as big as Scotlands though.

Ok, not having a bias or affinity for any particular nation ... and also not knowing the players or the likely squads as well as you guys :rolleyes: ... here's my prediction:

1/ France
2/ Wales
3/ Ireland
4/ England
5/ Scotland
6/ Italy

I base my predictions on which nations I perceive as having the strongest running game, as the rule interpretations now suit this style of game

Ok, not having a bias or affinity for any particular nation ... and also not knowing the players or the likely squads as well as you guys :rolleyes: ... here's my prediction:

1/ France
2/ Wales
3/ Ireland
4/ England
5/ Scotland
6/ Italy

I base my predictions on which nations I perceive as having the strongest running game, as the rule interpretations now suit this style of game

Good man.

Trinh Duc and Ouedraogo are on fire, as are Max Medard and Alexis Palisson.

Slightly off-topic, but a lot of people are assuming the NH will end up mirroring the SH in terms of a broad open game with the new interpretations. And I'm not so certain. Not when the NH rains start coming and the ground starts cutting up easily.

The rules currently favour the team in possession; a team with a strong, disciplined pack and a very good kicker might be very content to just rumble back and forwards, win the penalty, kick three points and rinse and repeat as they stand, particularly when the ground gets soft. And there is of course a fair old tradition of this sort of thing up here.

I don't think any international side's got the pack for it up here at the moment, but I won't be surprised to see a dearth of running rugby come the 6Ns... still reckon France have the best team though.

Slightly off-topic, but a lot of people are assuming the NH will end up mirroring the SH in terms of a broad open game with the new interpretations. And I'm not so certain. Not when the NH rains start coming and the ground starts cutting up easily.

The rules currently favour the team in possession; a team with a strong, disciplined pack and a very good kicker might be very content to just rumble back and forwards, win the penalty, kick three points and rinse and repeat as they stand, particularly when the ground gets soft. And there is of course a fair old tradition of this sort of thing up here.

I don't think any international side's got the pack for it up here at the moment, but I won't be surprised to see a dearth of running rugby come the 6Ns... still reckon France have the best team though.

I get your point ... you've certainly got to play to your teams strengths and also to the conditions, and I don't expect that all of the teams will play the same styles, but I do think that France in particular will adopt a style of play similar to the All Blacks, as there were comments form the French coach earlier in the year indicating as much.

Some team may at least trial the SH style as they may look to play a style that suits NZ conditions for the RWC next year (it will probably rain during the RWC now :) )

Anyway, i'll be interested to see which style(s) the winning team employs - should make for a great 6N

I too am curious to see what will happen... France will probably opt for running and Italy won't want open games, but everyone else? Scotland traditionally like to move it around but I struggle to be polite about their backs line, Wales traditionally like to trust their backs but Gatland loves his bosh and blindside channels, Ireland have a conservative coach and a great line out but were showing signs of adapting last summer.

As for England, attempting to fathom how they will play next requires a man whose balls are made out of crystal, not gristle!

Although my guess probably is as good at Johnson's.

My predictions:

1: England
2: France
3: Wales
4: Italy
5: Wales
6: Scotland

Latest posts