• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Updated team names

E

edinburgh_gunner

Updated team names

Here they are, fully updated. I've had to shorten a couple of team's names in order to fit them in, but it's not really a big issue as they are known more by their nicknames.

Enjoy.

Hey Gunner, have a look at that .XML file again, down near the bottom there are teams called World All Stars and South All Stars, not sure if you noticed that but if the names are there, then they have to have some involvement in the game?

Originally posted by I cant think of a username@Apr 15 2006, 04:56 PM
Hey Gunner, have a look at that .XML file again, down near the bottom there are teams called World All Stars and South All Stars, not sure if you noticed that but if the names are there, then they have to have some involvement in the game?
Your correct (ictoua) there are more there than should be! hence the USA college teams and userteam so there must be a way to add extra teams? I am still searching where the file names are kept for each location. :mellow:

Your correct (ictoua) there are more there than should be! hence the USA college teams and userteam so there must be a way to add extra teams? I am still searching where the file names are kept for each location[/b]

Do you think it's possible to unlock the all-star teams then?

Not by completing any in-game task, I don't think so. Perhaps by hex-editing the EXE file.

Does anyone else's game keep crashing back to the desktop when this file is added to the game directory?

Mine crashed alot when I added in Evol's Profile. So I have to delete it before I play a game, still useful for editing the squads though.

BM

Does anyone else's game keep crashing back to the desktop when this file is added to the game directory?[/b]

It happened to me but only when I messed up a file, just delete the file that has the problem

Originally posted by I cant think of a username@Apr 15 2006, 07:46 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Does anyone else's game keep crashing back to the desktop when this file is added to the game directory?

It happened to me but only when I messed up a file, just delete the file that has the problem [/b][/quote]
I have deleted it. Just annoying as it means I can't use the updated team names.

Any Chance of making an official league patch, you know so tournament have the proper names and sponsors. Along with real logo's etc

Is that possible after this?

BM

Gunner, would you mind fixing the stadium names, like Irish Park to Thomond park? Here is the file location 119ba3f37fe7a31c2b2ee45ceeafa091.xml I tried editing it using Spreadsheet but it didn't work (when I go to pick the stadium and conditions in Play Now the game crashes)

This a very good mod for general use, but it does sort of make league tables incomprehensible. As all the names go to the next line and merge in, any way around this gunner. Using shorter names or a 'nickname' function? As the longer names are good for other screens.

BM

Originally posted by I cant think of a username@Apr 17 2006, 12:55 AM
Gunner, would you mind fixing the stadium names, like Irish Park to Thomond park? Here is the file location 119ba3f37fe7a31c2b2ee45ceeafa091.xml I tried editing it using Spreadsheet but it didn't work (when I go to pick the stadium and conditions in Play Now the game crashes)
You can't edit an XML file in Excel. It has to be done in Notepad or, preferably, Macromedia Dreamweaver :)

I have edited that same file, but it does nothing in the game. Doesn't change the stadium names.

Originally posted by I cant think of a username@Apr 16 2006, 12:55 PM
Irish Park is Donnybrook though, isn't it? Certainly looks like it from what I remember when I played there.

Come up with a list of the proper names and I'll do it.

I had only edited the 'long' names entry in the xml, so perhaps EA in their infinate wisdom decided to use the long names in the league tables.

Originally posted by edinburgh_gunner+Apr 17 2006, 02:33 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-I cant think of a username
@Apr 16 2006, 12:55 PM
Irish Park is Donnybrook though, isn't it? Certainly looks like it from what I remember when I played there.

Come up with a list of the proper names and I'll do it.

I had only edited the 'long' names entry in the xml, so perhaps EA in their infinate wisdom decided to use the long names in the league tables. [/b]
I changed the names in notepad and it worked grand. The Irish Park is obviously Thomond Park

The main stand looked a bit like Donnybrook to me, but the rest of it looks like Thormond I guess.

I'm pretty sure EA made 'northen park' up. Given that the Gunners play at Murrayfield and the Warriors play at Partick Thistle's ground....it looks nought like any of the grounds in use.

Latest posts