• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

URC 2022/23 - Round 5

Lol. Leinster have 12 starting players from the no. 1 ranked team in the world, and coaches who've won at European and domestic level. Leinster also don't currently hold a trophy, nor should we.

Have a bit of respect for the competition that your team hasn't proven they're top 4 in yet.
I'll admit I had a drink or two too much last night.

Sharks had a decent outing but there is plenty of room for improvement.

Leinster have 12 current internationals from a country that make history by reaching the semi's at a world cup. But you are right. Just like Ireland the Sharks still need to prove they are a top 4 team.

Don't get me wrong I love Ireland, Ireland is my second team I love it when tier 2 rugby nations improve :)

A great weekend for the Sharks just got better when they surprised us with the signing of Springbok Francois Venter! So chuffed our midfield depth is finally recovering from the Esterhuizen, Louw losses ! We can deal with a missing Lukhanyo Am for now.

A great weekend for the Sharks just got better when they surprised us with the signing of Springbok Francois Venter! So chuffed our midfield depth is finally recovering from the Esterhuizen, Louw losses ! We can deal with a missing Lukhanyo Am for now.
Oh wow ! Venter is a class centre but he is also a 12 is he not ?

In Glasgow's defence Franco Smith ironically couldn't travel to SA during to Visa issues. I still don't have a clue what level they are performing at.

Hopefully the Bulls slump sees them finish 8th and travel to Dublin for the QF. :D

Glasgow are very streaky at the moment. An impressive win against the table topping Bulls last time out gets followed up with a thumping defeat away to the Sharks. Maybe they are too used to playing at home on the 4G pitch. One positive is Tom Gordon who is having an excellent season. Things looking rosy for Scotland on the flanker front with Watson, Ritchie, Darge, Crosbie and now Gordon all vying for a place.

In Glasgow's defence Franco Smith ironically couldn't travel to SA during to Visa issues. I still don't have a clue what level they are performing at.

Hopefully the Bulls slump sees them finish 8th and travel to Dublin for the QF. :D

I'm just keeping in mind that it's a long season and we are still very much in the early days of the tournament. After five rounds last year the Stormers had one win and a draw then subsequently ended second on the log and won. I think the Bulls really need the international break to regroup, but I have no idea what has caused their implosion, as they've been well and truly beaten the last two weeks.

Every single intra-SA log game is going to be a large loss risk for the Stormers, which is what you want in terms of competitiveness, but going to make things nervy.

Celts realising maybe English Arrogance wasn't so bad after all
View attachment 15273

To be fair, the rest of us were calling it out. Stormers fans have been hurt badly in the past in terms of having a superstar team and then absolutely no silverware coming from it. Most of the backend of last season/knock-outs I was thinking " we'll probably lose today, but it's really good we got this far given the resources/team on hand and how our season started." Couldn't believe it when we actually won. Anyway, you having a lovely time with the Du Preez three hitting great form all at once and Sale doing an unprecedented winning streak at the start of the season?

Oh well, at least Italian optimism got to week 5 before dying emphatically. Strange game, Zebre very good at 15 vs 15, but Scarlets dominated when a man up and again for last 30mins when a man down. Good game for a basement battle in the peeing rain.
Don't forget that, at their best, the Scarlets won at Leinster being a man down for most of the match. Sometimes a red card can actually galvanise and tighten up the receiving team.

Early days still but it already looks like the league is as competitive as last year, perhaps even more so. Lions don't look like an automatic win for the SA big 3 though TBF we did lose to them at home last year.

It's only one game but Munster look like they aren't done yet. On the flip side I won't write off the Bulls either. Very open. I think Leinster are still a little bit of a class apart and though they might challenge on the day and take a scalp here and there the bottom 4 look like they won't be playing musical chairs for a play off spot with the rest.

Delighted with the Ulster win over the Lions. A couple of years ago Ulster would have lost that game so pleased we hung on given the heat and altitude.

Real test next week going to the Sharks.

Latest posts