• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

URC 2022 Round 16 and all's square WRT fixtures

Sharks hosting Leinster is arguably the most intriguing match of the weekend but I'll be having my eye on the first two as a Stormers supporter.

If we manage a W and Ulster beat Munster we go 3rd! Bonus points are starting to matter. We could even leapfrog Munster if we pick up a win with a BP and they win without. I think their superior points difference is too much of a hill for us at this stage in the comp. But first things irst, we need to manage a win vs Glasgow which should be the expected result I'd wager but def won't be a mere formality.

Sharks hosting Leinster is arguably the most intriguing match of the weekend but I'll be having my eye on the first two as a Stormers supporter.

If we manage a W and Ulster beat Munster we go 3rd! Bonus points are starting to matter. We could even leapfrog Munster if we pick up a win with a BP and they win without. I think their superior points difference is too much of a hill for us at this stage in the comp. But first things irst, we need to manage a win vs Glasgow which should be the expected result I'd wager but def won't be a mere formality.
We likely to send a weakened team to Belfast

Not a lot of frontliners...this could be ugly.

Had heard Joe McCarthy had a knock, this seems to confirm it

That's weaker than I thought it would be and I wasn't expecting full strength.

We're all but guaranteed top two and top of the log isn't worth much more than second so it makes sense.

It's unfortunate but I suppose it makes sense to send weaker teams what with garuanteed play off spots and an alive "Heniken Cup" to juggle. I suppose from next year onwards SA sides will have to deal with similar situations where our non inclusion currently actually helps us in this comp.

Leinster can still field a pretty decent side, but their bench will be pretty weak and I'd say lads like Porter and Kelleher may be stood down for game 2.

Ulster will have to target the URC now, while we will likely put out a pretty mixed side with some lads definitely being rested. Don't fancy our chances against a stung full guns Ulster side in Belfast. I'd take a point from that.

I think Connacht could have a good go in Joburg. Will send their best players and have nothing to lose.

Latest posts