• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 15

Munster-Leinster should be the flagship game this round but since they are both all but guaranteed a home SF I'll be looking to catch other games myself.

Stormers-Ospreys I feel is the most influential ITO who might actually make the play offs or not. Bulls-Ulster and Bentton-Connacht also games that are going to impact the mid table. Sharks I feel should be too strong for the Dragons at home but they keep surprising me with how much they can under-perform. That said I am feeling pretty confident in the Stormers turning over the Ospreys. We are at 4th for points differential and the Ospreys might be joining the negative 3 digits club after the weekend.

Munster-Leinster should be the flagship game this round but since they are both all but guaranteed a home SF I'll be looking to catch other games myself.

Stormers-Ospreys I feel is the most influential ITO who might actually make the play offs or not. Bulls-Ulster and Bentton-Connacht also games that are going to impact the mid table. Sharks I feel should be too strong for the Dragons at home but they keep surprising me with how much they can under-perform. That said I am feeling pretty confident in the Stormers turning over the Ospreys. We are at 4th for points differential and the Ospreys might be joining the negative 3 digits club after the weekend.
Our game will be hit and miss. Put fringe internationals back in maybe and 1 eye on week after. Fact Last 16 of Europe is a double header will complicate things a small bit.

Benetton vs Connacht is effectively an elimination match. Scarlets, Lions & Ospreys all desperately need a win, but I think only Scarlets will get it. Bulls vs Ulster probably pick of the week for me.

Benetton vs Connacht is effectively an elimination match. Scarlets, Lions & Ospreys all desperately need a win, but I think only Scarlets will get it. Bulls vs Ulster probably pick of the week for me.
That echos my thoughts. I want to say that stronger teams often falter at Ellis Park as the Lions have it in them to score from being on the back foot but I think Edinburgh beats the Lions in both a tight and a loose game. Conditions will be wildly different from Durban.

Yes, I don't think the Lions can completely bully Edinburgh up front and Edinburgh have a couple of ex-Jaguares who can presumably advise on playing at altitude (so they shouldn't play with crazy tactics and should regularly kick to touch to get a breather).

Sharks team:
15 Anthony Volmink, 14 Werner Kok, 13 Ben Tapuai, 12 Jeremy Ward, 11 Makazole Mapimpi, 10 Curwin Bosch, 9 Jaden Hendrikse, 8 Phepsi Buthelezi, 7 Jeandre Labuschagne, 6 James Venter, 5 Gerbrandt Grobler, 4 Le Roux Roets, 3 Thomas du Toit (captain), 2 Bongi Mbonambi, 1 Ox Nche
Substitutes: 16 Kerron van Vuuren, 17 Ntuthuko Mchunu, 18 Khutha Mchunu, 19 Reniel Hugo, 20 Sikhumbuzo Notshe, 21 Siya Kolisi, 22 Grant Williams, 23 Boeta Chamberlain

Anyone ever watch any rugby in New York? There for the weekend and would like to see Leinster
Why go to New York. You'd get all the Glitter, Glamour and Snobbery in D4 and it a fraction of the price (admittedly the craic is dry and prices are alot steeper) but the Heino watching Sexto could be more intimate :D

The Grafton or Pig N Whistle are 2 Irish rugby bars though show all games and lads are dead on.

Why go to New York. You'd get all the Glitter, Glamour and Snobbery in D4 and it a fraction of the price (admittedly the craic is dry and prices are alot steeper) but the Heino watching Sexto could be more intimate :D

The Grafton or Pig N Whistle are 2 Irish rugby bars though show all games and lads are dead on.

More a cultural experience. See what how they live in modern slums on top of each other and not red brick detached houses.

Thanks a mil, that'll get things started nicely on Saturday!

More a cultural experience. See what how they live in modern slums on top of each other and not red brick detached houses.

Thanks a mil, that'll get things started nicely on Saturday!
Well in that case ot justified just don't be shocked that some dress like they from Northside.

But yeah won't go wrong with those 2 and Grafton does Guinness like home

I'm quite nervous about the Ospreys game. More so than vs Ulster as I think this one we are expected to win. Team anouncement doesn't do anything to ease my nerves. Quite the opposite as 2 of our 3 star performers are out in Warrick Gelant and Deon Fourie. Fourie at least is on the bench. Thankfully Gelant's injury is minor and shouldn't see him out for long.

15 Damian Willemse, 14 Seabelo Senatla, 13 Ruhan Nel, 12 Rikus Pretorius, 11 Leolin Zas, 10 Manie Libbok, 9 Paul de Wet, 8 Evan Roos, 7 Hacjivah Dayimani, 6 Junior Pokomela, 5 Marvin Orie, 4 Adre Smith, 3 Frans Malherbe, 2 Chad Solomon, 1 Steven Kitshoff (captain)

Substitues: 16 JJ Kotze, 17 Ali Vermaak, 18 Neethling Fouche, 19 Connor Evans, 20 Deon Fourie, 21 Ben-Jason Dixon, 22 Herschel Jantjies, 23 Sergeal Petersen

Munster: Matt Gallagher; Calvin Nash, Chris Farrell, Damian de Allende, Shane Daly; Joey Carbery, Conor Murray; Jeremy Loughman, Niall Scannell, Stephen Archer; Jason Jenkins, Fineen Wycherley; Peter O'Mahony (C), Chris Cloete, Gavin Coombes.

Replacements: Diarmuid Barron, Josh Wycherley, John Ryan, Thomas Ahern, Alex Kendellen, Craig Casey, Ben Healy, Keith Earls.

Pretty worried about our back three. Nash and Daly haven't been playing well and Gallagher is an unknown. Against a relatively weaker Leinster front row we have..... Picked potentially our worst possible front row (apologies to Loughman, he's been playing decent). Apparently Beirne and Conway are injured. Kleyn, Zebo and Haley haven't trained so miss out. Still don't see how you don't include Hodnett or O'Donoghue over Cloete for this. It's nothing against Cloete, but we are super light on good carriers in the pack. Coombes will be asked to do a lot.

Think we're too weak in too many positions to win, which is a shame because it's not the strongest Leinster tight five. Anyway at least out bench looks pretty strong. Nice to see Ahern is back for the run in. Hope I eat my words, but a few too many passengers in that side.

Munster: Matt Gallagher; Calvin Nash, Chris Farrell, Damian de Allende, Shane Daly; Joey Carbery, Conor Murray; Jeremy Loughman, Niall Scannell, Stephen Archer; Jason Jenkins, Fineen Wycherley; Peter O'Mahony (C), Chris Cloete, Gavin Coombes.

Replacements: Diarmuid Barron, Josh Wycherley, John Ryan, Thomas Ahern, Alex Kendellen, Craig Casey, Ben Healy, Keith Earls.

Pretty worried about our back three. Nash and Daly haven't been playing well and Gallagher is an unknown. Against a relatively weaker Leinster front row we have..... Picked potentially our worst possible front row (apologies to Loughman, he's been playing decent). Apparently Beirne and Conway are injured. Kleyn, Zebo and Haley haven't trained so miss out. Still don't see how you don't include Hodnett or O'Donoghue over Cloete for this. It's nothing against Cloete, but we are super light on good carriers in the pack. Coombes will be asked to do a lot.

Think we're too weak in too many positions to win, which is a shame because it's not the strongest Leinster tight five. Anyway at least out bench looks pretty strong. Nice to see Ahern is back for the run in. Hope I eat my words, but a few too many passengers in that side.
How is Jason Jenkins going? I thought the Bulls were onto some combo back when they had all of De Jager, Snyman and Jenkins on the books. Almost like when they had Bakkies, Matfield and Russouw but sadly they couldn't keep hold of them. I really did rate Jenkins as say a 4th/5th choice Bok lock and one that could've done duty vs the B&I Lions last year as we were scraping the barrel.

Jacko and Hodnett had ****les on neck and knee. Next week is bigger. Both teams showing that.
This is argubally the best available due to injuries. Only guy "rested" and could've possibly made it was Jean Kleyn but we need to heal him. He has huge mileage on the clock

Ospreys team to face Stormers 2/4 18.15:

15. Dan Evans

14. Alex Cuthbert

13. Michael Collins

12. Owen Watkin

11. Keelan Giles

10. Gareth Anscombe

9. Rhys Webb ©

1.Gareth Thomas

2. Dewi Lake

3. Tomas Francis

4. Bradley Davies

5. Adam Beard

6. Dan Lydiate

7. Jac Morgan

8. Morgan Morris

Substitutes:

16.Sam Parry

17. Nicky Smith

18. Tom Botha

19. Rhys Davies

20. Ethan Roots

21. Harri Deaves

22. Reuben Morgan Williams

23. Max Nagy

It's good to see "the cavalry" back, but where is the great man AWJ and why is he not featuring??

How is Jason Jenkins going? I thought the Bulls were onto some combo back when they had all of De Jager, Snyman and Jenkins on the books. Almost like when they had Bakkies, Matfield and Russouw but sadly they couldn't keep hold of them. I really did rate Jenkins as say a 4th/5th choice Bok lock and one that could've done duty vs the B&I Lions last year as we were scraping the barrel.
He's played so so little unfortunately, a bit like RG. Spent almost all of his time here on the injury table sadly. Tomorrow will be game 3 for him, so we will see his kettle, although too late for us at Munster as he's moving to Leinster next year, so big opportunity for him.
Jacko and Hodnett had ****les on neck and knee. Next week is bigger. Both teams showing that.
This is argubally the best available due to injuries. Only guy "rested" and could've possibly made it was Jean Kleyn but we need to heal him. He has huge mileage on the clock
Yeah agree completely next week is bigger, mostly because I'll be there. Didn't realize the boys were hurt, team picks itself to some extent then, front row aside where I am worried.

He's played so so little unfortunately, a bit like RG. Spent almost all of his time here on the injury table sadly. Tomorrow will be game 3 for him, so we will see his kettle, although too late for us at Munster as he's moving to Leinster next year, so big opportunity for him.
Sounds like SA locks are a bit of a mixed bag. Even here at the Stormers you'd hardly ever have seen Etzebeth it feels like and Lood de Jager is also in the stand more often than not for club. Same with PSdT who would probably play in the locks for us at club level. Well, if he were still withus/ Odd how specifically the locks' injuries coincide with club duty seemingly.

Ulster (vs Bulls)

Mike Lowry, Ben Moxham, James Hume, Luke Marshall, Ethan McIlroy, Ian Madigan, Nathan Doak; Andrew Warwick, Brad Roberts, Marty Moore, Kieran Treadwell, Iain Henderson (Capt.), Jordi Murphy, Nick Timoney, Duane Vermeulen.

Replacements: Tom Stewart, Eric O'Sullivan, Tom O'Toole, Mick Kearney, Matty Rea, John Cooney, Marcus Rea, Stewart Moore.

Latest posts