• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 18

I'm not saying the Sharks don't have good 10's. They have 4 good 10's in Chamberlain, Bonilla, Bosch and now also Lionel Cronje. Not one of them would get me excited though if I were to read that the Stormers have snagged them. Any of them would just be another 10 similar to what we have as well- all of them merely good. Only 10 in SA that might get me excited at this stage would be Johan Goosen but he is soooo injury prone and getting on in years. I suppose there isn't a SA 10 that gets me excited. Pollard and Jantjies might be our Bok encumbants but neither of them would get me excited. Not at this level of rugby. I'm happy just getting on with Libbok TBH. Though I wouldn't want Libbok at test level mind you.

The Contepomi leaving has certainly been an open enough secret since Cheika was hired, but speculation on replacements naturally doesn't come up to the point where unrated would be hearing rumours about McNamara in South African media etc while there's no confirmation on the position being available.

I'm sure Leinster have their replacement search well underway and wouldn't be shocked at all if McNamara is the target. Just pointing out its not surprising unrated hasn't heard about it given its probably only being discussed on the likes of boards.
1 other rumour is Sexton will be integrated in to the ticket on part time basis with Lancaster taking up load next season.
Sean O'Brien replacing Denis Leamy

1 other rumour is Sexton will be integrated in to the ticket on part time basis with Lancaster taking up load next season.
Sean O'Brien replacing Denis Leamy
Sexton as a player-coach is something I'd expect to be much more to his liking. I also think the concept would work well for Leinster if he reduces his play time a bit (which would be good for Ireland).

reduces his playing time? He barely plays as is.

Sexton as player/coach doesnt seem likely, i'd be very surprised if McNamara doesnt return to leinster.

I'd say it is more Sexton looking at helping academy and after RWC be more in with 1st team if it happened.

Sharks team for Ulster away:

15 Aphelele Fassi, 14 Werner Kok, 13 Lukhanyo Am, 12 Marius Louw, 11 Makazole Mapimpi, 10 Curwin Bosch, 9 Jaden Hendrikse, 8 Phepsi Buthelezi, 7 Henco Venter, 6 Siya Kolisi, 5 Reniel Hugo, 4 Ruben van Heerden, 3 Thomas du Toit (captain), 2 Bongi Mbonambi, 1 Ox Nche

Substitues: 16 Kerron van Vuuren, 17 Ntuthuko Mchunu, 18 Khutha Mchunu, 19 Hyron Andrews, 20 Jeandre Labuschagne, 21 Sikhumbuzo Notshe, 22 Grant Williams, 23 Boeta Chamberlain

Not a bad side and the Sharks are traditionally SA's best travelers. Might be a game for Ulster.

My favorite match is Glasgow v Edinburgh. And I always pick Glasgow because they're my team. And I'm picking them again this time. We Are Warriors!

Bulls named for the O's:

15 Canan Moodie, 14 David Kriel, 13 Cornal Hendricks, 12 Harold Vorster, 11 Madosh Tambwe, 10 Chris Smith, 9 Zak Burger, 8 Elrigh Louw, 7 Cyle Brink, 6 Marcell Coetzee (captain), 5 Ruan Nortje, 4 Walt Steenkamp, 3 Mornay Smith, 2 Johan Grobbelaar, 1 Gerhard Steenekamp

Substitutes: 16 Jan-Hendrik Wessels, 17 Simphiwe Matanzima, 18 Robert Hunt, 19 Janko Swanepoel, 20 Arno Botha, 21 Embrose Papier, 22 Juan Mostert, 23 Stedman Gans

I want to see JH Wessels get game time. Boy was a walking highlights reel at schools level. Which is saying something for a prop. Time will tell if he can make the step up. Not sure what his best position is but if he can hack it at the scrum that's great.

Stormers named for Scarlets:

15 Warrick Gelant, 14 Seabelo Senatla, 13 Ruhan Nel, 12 Damian Willemse, 11 Leolin Zas, 10 Manie Libbok, 9 Stefan Ungerer, 8 Evan Roos, 7 Hacjivah Dayimani, 6 Deon Fourie, 5 Marvin Orie, 4 Salmaan Moerat, 3 Frans Malherbe, 2 JJ Kotze, 1 Steven Kitshoff (captain)

Substitutes: 16 Andre-Hugo Venter, 17 Brok Harris, 18 Neethling Fouche, 19 Ernst van Rhyn, 20 Nama Xaba, 21 Marcel Theunissen, 22 Godlen Masimla, 23 Cornel Smit

Apart from hooker and 9 both where have two front liners injured we are in decent nick. Should be a cracker. It'll be interesting to see how we fair away from home this time round. I'd have backed us for a win at home. Not so sure abroad.

Heading to the Ulster - Sharks game tonight. I think Marty Moore is a massive loss for us and worry about the scrum in his absence.

Good to have McCloskey back to add that extra bit of physicality in midfield which I think will be needed.

Could be a tight game.

Heading to the Ulster - Sharks game tonight. I think Marty Moore is a massive loss for us and worry about the scrum in his absence.

Good to have McCloskey back to add that extra bit of physicality in midfield which I think will be needed.

Could be a tight game.
It's going to be intense hopefully, that or Ulster just runs away with the score but we will see. I am very psyched this is a knockout game due to the implications of the win

Very entertaining so far despite the weather.

It's just ******* stupid how ridiculously good McCloskey is. I hope he starts in New Zealand, he absolutely deserves the chance with Hume.

What on earth happened at Benetton? I didn't watch the match, but beating Cardiff 69-21?!:( Now watching Ospreys v Bulls - worryingly, that front five might be the first choice in the Wales tour of SA.

So sad, really believed in the comeback. But it was not to be.

Latest posts