• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

URC: The final

Bizarrely, Brace is usually awful! Hopefully a changing of the tide as you say.

He's all right when he's not too busy admiring himself on the big screen...

Or feeling all insulted that a mere player dared to converse with him.

(Could be a bit like Wayne Barnes, as he gets older and more comfortable with back-and-forward with players, he'll become a pretty good ref)

Great game. Really cool to say I trained with guys who are now super rugby champions.

That speckman accidental kick back to high bomb and catch was one of the craziest moments I've seen in rugby. Bulls had a good opportunity at the end but couldn't get pass to go to hand. Still was amazing to watch.

Edit: leaving as super rugby so you can see how out of touch I am

Last edited:
My fiancé is probably very tired of my flagging all the Springboks I played against once upon a time, but couldn't help doing it one more time when Kitshoff lifted that cup
Lol I just noticed I put the wrong competition.

Some silverware for the Stormers! Amazing squad of players. Ours is not the best side but one that went through a very uncertain time and came out galvanized as a squad and one refusing to lose.

Deon Fourie and Senatla were ***ans shutting down the Bulls attack after the first let in.

Very happy to see a Stormers win. A team committed to playing 15 man rugby and with what I'd consider attack minded luxury players in Willemse (a former 10 playing at 12) and Senatla (former 7s). To a lesser extent you could argue that Jantjies, Gelant and Pietersen are all very much attack focussed rather than game managers. For the sport I think it is vital that teams that show this attacking ambition demonstrate it can be a winning formula (behind a good pack).

On the other hand I'm very unhappy to see a Stormers win because I pretty much picked them wrong every week. :(

A slight pity only 31,000 fans were allowed due to restrictions, but that's not a bad turnout given the tournament was slow to get into public consciousness in SA and they were resorting to special offers to get bums on seats.

All in all a very encouraging debut season for the tournament.

I thought for sure that Leinster would win the URC Final, but they didn't make it that far. So congratulations to the Stormers. Of the South African teams in URC they're my favorite because Joe Pietersen of my favorite MLR team (San Diego) used to play for them. Kudos Stormers!

Last edited:
Big congrats to the Stormers they have come back from so many dark places this season. I'm a neutral franchise wise as I support SA as a whole in this tournament but at the end I was rooting for the Stormers cause you could see they really wanted this.

This tournament is gonna go up from here and having us play teams like Toulon, Leicester and the rest in the HC is a huge excitement.

The vast majority of SA supporters have embraced this new tournament we are in and NZ and Aus can enjoy themselves and keep their super rugby. We were always meant to move north IMO.

Also, you okes in the NH are gonna get better competing with us week in week out. Just like our players add a great deal to your teams, will our teams add a great deal to your improvement, and vice versa.

Latest posts