• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

URC: the SF's!

Eh I think that is somewhat true but there are certainly middle class kids who learn how to fight. I think it's more that Leinster systematically plan to mimimize the amount of adversity they face on the rugby field through out the year. Playing in the Leinster school cup is hard, but it's not the same as playing 30 games a year in the top 14. Playing 4 games a month may not be the best thing for your body but it builds character.

I was careful to note its not a class thing. Its a school of life thing.

Not sure you can say the 4 games a month is it when Sexton is probably the attitude leader in Leinster and POM the same in Munster.

Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

Leaning to the @LeinsterMan (NotTigsMan) line of thinking with Lancaster. Built a great squad but has underachieved at every opportunity since doing so, massively today.

Starting Ross Byrne today shows total arrogance towards the competition and that he massively overrated a player who is nothing more than a regular season URC player.

******* disaster of a season.

Leaning to the @LeinsterMan (NotTigsMan) line of thinking with Lancaster. Built a great squad but has underachieved at every opportunity since doing so, massively today.

Starting Ross Byrne today shows total arrogance towards the competition and that he massively overrated a player who is nothing more than a regular season URC player.

******* disaster of a season.

Come Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Dude IMO ruined one of the best Tightheads England had.

Honestly a lot of similarities with England.
Joins when at their lowest
Builds a great system with some very talented youngsters
Chokes the big games
Decides to focus on being "fitter" than the big teams
Lightweight pack gets pumped.

A team that in round 1 lost 33-3 to this very side, had a 6 day turnaround and went and won away, in their first season ever in this tournament, with not one current Springbok in this team. Jake White is gonna build a team here that is gonna become a juggernaut.

So whats the post-mortem on that?

- Begone with you Ross Byrne - your a squad filler?
- Right big lads, we're all gonna need to stick on 5 kg over the next couple of months and keep it on?

The URC is going to up the domestic level of performance for Leinster and I think this will make them even better in the champions cup in the coming years, having that competition.

So whats the post-mortem on that?

- Begone with you Ross Byrne - your a squad filler?
- Right big lads, we're all gonna need to stick on 5 kg over the next couple of months and keep it on?
I think we win if start Sexton and I think we fire a shot with Harry even if he's more prone to mistakes. So yeah, Byrne to 3rd choice from now on for the best of Irish and Leinster rugby.

I think physicality is being overstated, a last minute loss in the CC and we should have been alive at least at 80mins there but for a shocking call under the posts at 75mins. Reliance on Sexton and, less so, JGP makes me think its the brains of the operation is a bigger problem because we were winning the Champions Cup until they came off and didn't look better than the Bulls until they paired up there. I think your assertion of the lack of "dog" I'd bigger, the switch in intensity on 55mins was so so obvious.

Very robotic, a bit soulless, probably quite arrogant, essentially all of the reasons why people dislike us and are currently laughing now are proving to be weaknesses when it matters.

I want us to go and get ROG for the rebuild post Johnny.

you might have only just lost that champions cup final but you also didn't score a single try in that game v 3 to La Rochelle.

Unlucky Leinster but you seemed to be always chasing it. Johnnys little spat with Coetzee got both the players and supporters blood pumping and I thought a fantastic final ten was on the cards.
Ulsters mountain to climb tomorrow just got that little bit higher.

Unlucky Leinster but you seemed to be always chasing it. Johnnys little spat with Coetzee got both the players and supporters blood pumping and I thought a fantastic final ten was on the cards.
Check the new profile pick. Marcell finds Johnny funny apparently.

Leinster wins with an average line out. They weren't able to capitalize on bulls's penalties or poor clearance kicks. Bulls were able to execute on theirs and attack Leinster's and it was the difference. It's one of the most important parts of the game and Leinster look like a club side.

Tactics also played a part but idk how they would turn that around in two weeks.

you might have only just lost that champions cup final but you also didn't score a single try in that game v 3 to La Rochelle.
Don't really know how that refutes what I wrote, penalties are legitimate way to score. Not saying we deserved to win or anything but definitely could have with better half backs to close out the game imo.

Say what?
Ulster's mountain to climb tomorrow hasn't changed.

But the mentals over the biggest peak just changed massively.

Latest posts