• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

USA centre signs for Cornish Pirates

Melhor Time

Bench Player
http://rugbyworldcup-argentina2023.blogspot.com/2011/08/andrew-suniula-to-play-for-cornish.html

29 year old USA international inside centre, Andrew Suniula is to play for the Cornish Pirates after Rugby World Cup 2011. Born in the unincorporated USA territory of American Samoa, Suniula moved ot New Zealand with his family at a young age and started playing rugby in west Auckland at nine years of age. His career as a professional rugby player began in New Zealand, playing in the NPC (now known as the ITM Cup) for Taranaki in 2005. After two and a half years of playing there he returned to Auckland to play rugby league and was subsequently signed to play professional rugby league in Australia with NRL club, the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles in 2009 and part of 2010. He moved to the USA in 2010 to, like his brothers Roland and Shalom, play rugby union in the country and he joined the Chicago Griffins and after impressing he was selected to play for the USA Eagles.

Andrew Suniula made his international debut for the USA Eagles in 2008 vs Japan. He has scored two tries in seven internationals and has been used as the USA´s first choice inside centre in 2010 and 2011. His tries vs Portugal and Russia both contributed greatly to victories for the United States. At New Zealand 2011 he is expected to form a centres combination with Paul Emerick. Suniula´s move to England will see him playing regularly at a higher level than that in the United States. He is to be the only North American player at the Cornish Pirates who are one of the leading second division teams in England having finished third in the 2010-2011 RFU Championship.

<IFRAME height=367 src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/MQvQwDmYK5M?rel=0" frameBorder=0 width=450 allowfullscreen=""></IFRAME>

Good news for U.S. Rugby and the Cornish Pirates. I feel it's only matter of time until the CP get promoted. Have you got any idea where Paul Emerick is playing now a days?

The Pasties are going to be up there again, dunno about promoted but they go into the season as possible 2nd favourites behind Leeds. Key for them, as with most sides is Home form.

The Pasties are going to be up there again, dunno about promoted but they go into the season as possible 2nd favourites behind Leeds. Key for them, as with most sides is Home form.

Leeds are deffo not favourites, id put Pirates, Blues and Welsh all before Leeds.

Leeds are deffo not favourites, id put Pirates, Blues and Welsh all before Leeds.

Good point, to be honest I've based what I said on the trend of the relegated sides being the strongest in the League like we were and Wuss were last season. I'd love to see the Pasties or LW go up if we don't of course.

This area is becoming a decent source of top Rugby sides, you have; Us, Gloucs, B**h :)P), Exeter, Pasties, Plymouth within 2-3 hour train/drive. Even in the National Leagues, Taunton, Dings, Clifton, Bridgewater, W-S-M, Weston Hornets all play at decent levels and are/have been relatively successful in recent years

Good point, to be honest I've based what I said on the trend of the relegated sides being the strongest in the League like we were and Wuss were last season. I'd love to see the Pasties or LW go up if we don't of course.

This area is becoming a decent source of top Rugby sides, you have; Us, Gloucs, B**h :)P), Exeter, Pasties, Plymouth within 2-3 hour train/drive. Even in the National Leagues, Taunton, Dings, Clifton, Bridgewater, W-S-M, Weston Hornets all play at decent levels and are/have been relatively successful in recent years

Ah fair, but Leeds have lost loads of players and not really replaced them, id put Bristol up there before them also. RFU Champ will be interesting this season.

Ah fair, but Leeds have lost loads of players and not really replaced them, id put Bristol up there before them also. RFU Champ will be interesting this season.

It will, I think we have put the shock of the failed promotion bid behind us and we are far more settled team than we were this time last year. Our better youngsters, who havnt been snapped up by Prem sides (Vunipola, Hayes) have had a year of playing in a good league and are better for it. We've signed a better standard of player aswell so I'm actually confident going into the first game in a few weeks time.

Definitely wide open in the Champ this season - can't wait to see how it plays out

I'm hoping for success for Andrew at the club. Perhaps his brother will join him there someday if things work out well.

Latest posts