• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Vermin alert

One tip from a collegue was to put out a little tray of instant mash flakes. The stuff is so dry they have to immediately find a water source and when the the water hits the mash.... bang, no mouse! [/b]

Yeah that's how a lot of the "high street" poisons work 'cause unlike other animals rats & mice can't vomit. That's why it's not a risk for a cat or dog can eat that type of poison.

Could you leave some Bollock shape costumes laying around for the mouse to wear? Dillon will happily dispatch of the little bugers for you then.

Peppermint spray eh?

DarthVader.jpg

"Interesting. Most interesting."

Where did you get that from?

Could you leave some Bollock shape costumes laying around for the mouse to wear? Dillon will happily dispatch of the little bugers for you then. [/b]

He's normally too busy sleeping. He's getting really ****** off at this mouse actually.

Where did you get that from?
[/b]

Girlfriend picked it up in Bodyshop. It comes in a tiny bottle and a few drops on a cotton ball is keeping the little b*****ds away so far. We Just stuck the balls where they are most active, like under the fridge/oven, etc. We also mixed a few drops with water in a spray bottle and squirted it in all the holes they seem to be coming from. So far it's worked. Beware though, the house smells damn minty as a result.

A minty fresh smell is a small price to pay for a house free of vermin. Won't upset the hound will it?

A minty fresh smell is a small price to pay for a house free of vermin. Won't upset the hound will it?
[/b]

Not sure, we don't have any pets (other than the unwelcome variety). I was pretty sceptical when I first had it suggested to me but we haven't seen anything since Sunday, which is when the oil went down. Before that we had caught one or two every day (including an obviously pregnant female - she was about to pop) and there was p*ss and sh*t everywhere. Now there's nothing.

I also went to the hardware store and bought a giant bundle of wire wool. I'm going around the flat tonight plugging all the holes as apparantly they can't chew through the stuff. I'm preferring this idea to poison as all that did was kill them in our walls, which stinks. Now we only use the poison to bait the traps.

I had to ramp up the protection so I bought one of those ultrasonic things. Not seen or heard it since I plugged it into the wall but I have the feeling it's still here...

Dammit! Got woken up by a huge rat galloping across my rooms ceiling this morning. So I went to plan A. Put my dog in the ceiling. Should be piece of cake for it as it's been up there before for the same reason, and did the job. But she was WAY to excited today, she ran passed it a good 3 times! I'll try again tonight

Dammit! Got woken up by a huge rat galloping across my rooms ceiling this morning. So I went to plan A. Put my dog in the ceiling. Should be piece of cake for it as it's been up there before for the same reason, and did the job. But she was WAY to excited today, she ran passed it a good 3 times! I'll try again tonight

Oh great.

There's a family of them. Ste caught two (by hand, amazingly) babies, the third is under my sofa right now. Not seen the two parents for a few days. The council put some poison down this morning, hopefully that should get shut of the little ********.

Well if you do catch them alive take them to Liverpool and chuck them in the mersey...

Well if you do catch them alive take them to Liverpool and chuck them in the mersey... [/b]

Desist immediately with your crazy talk. The Royal Blue Mersey just as sacred as the Ganges or the Saraswati.

Beside we have plenty of our own rats.

The problem with the poison is that you'll have to deal with the bodies after nature has taken it's course.

Latest posts