• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Vermin alert

Mice aren't very harmful, luckily.

please don't use mousetraps to catch it, those seem so painful :s
Just trap it in a cage, and set it free in the wild. Or if you can't find any wild, some annoying neighbour's backyard.
(no, that same theory does not apply to Spiders. just defending myself a minute here.)

Sorry Laceta, but the trap I have is an electric one. If the mouse is caught, it will be killed instantly with an electric shock. I feel a bit bad doing it but I need to protect the dog, I don't want it doing anything in his food and making him ill or anything like that.

TSWWFDUDLEYBOYSYOUTH.JPG

D'VON! Get the electronic verminator!

Was in a café the other night and we saw the biggest f***ing rat you're ever likely to see outside scurrying around the tables, then another f***er got in the café and stereotypically the girls we were with let out a squeal that would break your eardrums, the bar owner comes over to see what the story was, we tell him there was a rat, he just shrugs his shoulders and says, bah that's Paris for you, to which I told him that was a fine attitude to have and he got a bit defensive saying it came from outside didn't it. Now I've spent plenty of times in cafés around Paris in both my stints there and that's the first time I've seen rats in one, not just Paris methinks

At leat it won't be smooshed to death I guess :s

Only mousy I ever saw was at my boyfriend's place, which is mostly gory because the cat has the habit of leaving half eaten corpses around the house. They're no harm to either dog or cat (or humans) so they don't set up traps or anything.

Don't think that's natural in Paris, maybe that guy had very low hygiene standards.
And, honestly, there wasn't a single guy that let out some sort of shout?? xD

well in fairness there were only 4 of us sitting on that side of the café, my other friend didn't see them and I'm not squeamish when it comes to vermin, got used to mice when my flat was infested 2 years ago so no big deal, although I wouldn't be getting too close to rats that's for sure, nasty ********

Know any Vietnamese?
Invite them around for dinner on the condition that they have to catch it first. [/b]

:lol: Classic.

Get a cat we have one and we havent had mouse problems since she is a finely tuned killing machine. :)

The council should come round and sort it out for nothing....we had two big ****-off grey/brown rats stealing off our bird-table a few weeks back. The council put poison down and came round every Wednesday to check on it...they ate half of it and they haven't been seen since. LCC were great though.

We have them in our flat's ceiling, you hear the c***s (I'm guessing there's a whole family up there) running around making scratching sounds. We just take the light bulbs out and put bait in the roof, still doesn't seem to do much but at least we haven't seen any free roaming inside.

Thank god I'm living at home these holidays, I might be able to get to sleep before 3am for once.

The council should come round and sort it out for nothing....we had two big ****-off grey/brown rats stealing off our bird-table a few weeks back. The council put poison down and came round every Wednesday to check on it...they ate half of it and they haven't been seen since. LCC were great though. [/b]

I think that they only deal with rats. This is a mouse, although I fear there are 2 as a sighting by Jo this morning doesn't make any sense.

<div class='quotemain'> The council should come round and sort it out for nothing....we had two big ****-off grey/brown rats stealing off our bird-table a few weeks back. The council put poison down and came round every Wednesday to check on it...they ate half of it and they haven't been seen since. LCC were great though. [/b]

I think that they only deal with rats. This is a mouse, although I fear there are 2 as a sighting by Jo this morning doesn't make any sense.

[/b][/quote]

Yes but you tell the council you think you've got rats and then act daft. There's no way they'll charge you and they'll put down loads of the proper bad-boy super-toxic (but super-tasty) poison.

In purple-bin land it works a treat.

I have a nasty feeling the dog might decide this uber tasty poison is something he has a vestd interest in...

Oh come on, mice aren`t vermin. Who`se afraid of the big, bad mouse anyway?

If you wanna see real vermin, you should see the nice little Pofadder (great, big, whopping deadly poisonous snake for those uninitiated in the ways of us Saffas) that my neighbour`s cat caught in the green belt adjacent to our property a couple of months ago. Now that`s real vermin. And pretty aggressive too.

<div class='quotemain'>
A glue trap?

Tell me more....
[/b]

Usually an 8"x5" board that the mouse will get stuck on, not the most humane way of catching a mouse but effective, the mouse will most likely **** himself, will rip off chunks of its fur to break free and have been known to gnaw away at their legs, if you do catch one on it the best thing is to give them a whack and end their suffering.

I don't think there that expensive, you should get a pack of 10 for less than a fiver [/b][/quote]

I like the idea of those little ******** suffering.

Oddly enough those are outlawed here in Britain owing to the suffering they cause to the mouse. Which I can sort of understand. However, an electrocuting trap should now be winging its way to me as we speak. [/b]

Bullshit if the little f***ers didnt go into houses they wouldnt have to suffer. ;)

If you wanna see real vermin, you should see the nice little Pofadder (great, big, whopping deadly poisonous snake for those uninitiated in the ways of us Saffas) that my neighbour`s cat caught in the green belt adjacent to our property a couple of months ago. Now that`s real vermin. And pretty aggressive too.[/b]

I bet the snakes aren't too popular either...

Oh no, the snakes are very popular. Especially with the local cat population :p , although less so with the fbirds, humans and other animals.

You haven't seen a real rat until you've a cane rat. They are the size of a small dog. Me and one of my friends used to catch them when we were lighties and sell them to the rural locals here in Zululand. R20 per rat! We used to catch all sorts back then, sell them and get some hobo to buy us beer with the profit. But that's a story 4 another thread

You haven't seen a real rat until you've a cane rat. They are the size of a small dog. Me and one of my friends used to catch them when we were lighties and sell them to the rural locals here in Zululand. R20 per rat! We used to catch all sorts back then, sell them and get some hobo to buy us beer with the profit. But that's a story 4 another thread [/b]

Bahahaha classic. :lol:

Had a serious mouse problem for the last week and apparantly the whole block is now suffering. Caught 5 already in regular traps smeared with peanut butter rolled in poison pellets. We've even resorted to spraying peppermint oil all over the house as apparantly they're allergic to the stuff and since we did that we've not seen anything in 2 days.

One tip from a collegue was to put out a little tray of instant mash flakes. The stuff is so dry they have to immediately find a water source and when the the water hits the mash.... bang, no mouse!

Latest posts