• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Vern Cotter to take over from Jake White at Montpellier

you are a little late with your info my friend already out in Transfers!!!!! but after this afternoons press conference that i am organising will tell you all the facts later

You two guys still having your lover's spat? :D

Seems like all the websites are reporting this too early for Gaston's organised press conference... Seems to me he's as late with his press conference as a character on the show Teen Mom...

you are very tiresome and boring the info was out last night at 21/22 hrs a lot earlier than you posted and was already in the tranfers thread by me at around 9.00 this morning but if you want your little dig you carry on. i have more adult things to do and yes the press conference was on time as it was scheduled for this afternoon , after the statement by the club last night, did not realise SA was that far behind Greenwich!!!!!! that's all i have to say.

Any chance he could be heading to Edinburgh following their announcement today? Or am I pipe dreaming!? He's had a good start to the season hasn't he? I'm confused.

it did as far as the press were concerned as for once it was kept under wraps for a while, there have been a fes presumptions like always, but we did keep this one secret, i for one am very disappointed as working with Jake was nothing but pure pleasure, nothing against Vern but we have to start all over again building the relationship, between club press and coach. I suppose this is pro rugby but the 3rd time in nearly as many years Galthie, White now Cotter. Whoever gets Jake will or should be very grateful, as a coach he is excellent and as a person even better if that is possible.

having read the article there is some truth and some untruths, Jake has learnt to speak French my wife translates for him and at the moment she stands there and prompts more than translates as he is taking lessons and has improved immensely, but like most journs, the writer is looking for sensationalism and has missed more important things which are going on in Montpellier. The very fact that the press have given him a hard time since is arrival where Montpellier were nearly in the Pro D2 NOTHING MENTIONED OF THIS AT ALL!!! Jake has brought Montpellier to the forfront of the TOP 14:!! He has had success and he will be missed but this is what happens in Pro rugby look at USAP, nobody has even mentioned on here that they have cleared out their coaching staff!!!! The article is very one sided as misses the real truth but as usual people believe entirely what is written in the press more or less and it's often a long way from reality

Well at least we now know why Jake was in South Africa last week.

But the part of the article that seemed to be the most truthful is:

But Gaston. And sorry for asking this but what exactly happened at the press conference yesterday? Was it just the official notice of what was already stated in the papers, or did something else happen at the press conference? I can't find anything on the web with regard to the Press Conference.

Montpellier head coach Jake White will leave the club at the end of this season, with Vern Cotter his replacement.

http://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/montpellier-confirm-jake-whites-exit-20160928
http://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/white-to-leave-montpellier-20160927

Wonder if Jake is going to help his old buddy Allister Coetzee...

Would be interesting, if he can play the same role for AC as Eddie Jones to him during RWC 2007. Technical adviser of the sort. Can only speculate Jake gearing up for that Indaba after RC concludes as well.

It's almost untrue how these things play out: 1st Brendan Venter suggested the idea of a round-table meeting for all SA rugby-brains to meet when interviewed telephonically on Supersport's TMO program about a month ago; which was echoed by an article by Gavin Rich few weeks after on Supersport.com.

Can see these things fall into place to adress the "state of play" currently in our country #Flyonthewall.

Would be interesting, if he can play the same role for AC as Eddie Jones to him during RWC 2007. Technical adviser of the sort. Can only speculate Jake gearing up for that Indaba after RC concludes as well.

It's almost untrue how these things play out: 1st Brendan Venter suggested the idea of a round-table meeting for all SA rugby-brains to meet when interviewed telephonically on Supersport's TMO program about a month ago; which was echoed by an article by Gavin Rich few weeks after on Supersport.com.

Can see these things fall into place to adress the "state of play" currently in our country #Flyonthewall.

Yeah. But I think Jake is either going to take up Rassie Erasmus' job or maybe even try to get appointed as Deputy Chief of SARU...

Yeah. But I think Jake is either going to take up Rassie Erasmus' job or maybe even try to get appointed as Deputy Chief of SARU...

I don't know. He always seemed the kind of guy who likes to be close to the action/cross-fire if not somehow involved. A support & development role or administrator never seemed to be his suit, unless he feels his contribution to SA rugby right now is needed in those pillars. Also, he has always voices his support for AC to be the Boks coach, afterall AC was his protege.

Either way, SA Rugby no doubt needs his influence.

I don't know. He always seemed the kind of guy who likes to be close to the action/cross-fire if not somehow involved. A support & development role or administrator never seemed to be his suit, unless he feels his contribution to SA rugby right now is needed in those pillars. Also, he has always voices his support for AC to be the Boks coach, afterall AC was his protege.

Either way, SA Rugby no doubt needs his influence.

Indeed. I'm very interested to see where he goes now. But I just have a feeling that he'll return to SA. He was here all week last week.

It seems White likes controversy. Making a joke about a place completely foreign to you is the last thing you should be doing. And the brand of rugby doesn't help.

Latest posts