• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Vern Cotter to take over from Jake White at Montpellier

Indeed. I'm very interested to see where he goes now. But I just have a feeling that he'll return to SA. He was here all week last week.

once again there is doubt (in fact doubt no, pure lies yes) in the above statement, Jake i saw HIM last Saturday and last tues day SPEAKING TO HIM BOTH TIMES i find it difficult to believe he was in SA all week, if you are going to make statements of this nature please use the truth.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Well at least we now know why Jake was in South Africa last week.

But the part of the article that seemed to be the most truthful is:

But Gaston. And sorry for asking this but what exactly happened at the press conference yesterday? Was it just the official notice of what was already stated in the papers, or did something else happen at the press conference? I can't find anything on the web with regard to the Press Conference.

the press conference went according to plan the statement issued at 22.00 on Tues night confirmed the arrival of Vern Cotter and Jake leaving Montpellier at the end of the season, there was a questions and answers done by Abdel Benazzi with myself present.

once again there is doubt (in fact doubt no, pure lies yes) in the above statement, Jake i saw HIM last Saturday and last tues day SPEAKING TO HIM BOTH TIMES i find it difficult to believe he was in SA all week, if you are going to make statements of this nature please use the truth.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No offence, but there is a lot of time between Tuesday and Saturday, and it is very easy nowadays to fly over to SA and back to France within that period. Now unless you are his lapdog and follow him 24/7, the possibility remains that he was in SA as was reported on Supersport Blitz here in SA.

But the possibility is also that he might not have been here at all, in which case Supersport jumped on the media train to create some hype on a slow week for SA Rugby...

Both of these possibilities exist...

now we have possibilities( maybe he was not here at all, make up you F******** mind please, which is somwhat bizarre as it was you who stated he was here in SA ALL WEEK LAST WEEK, why do you not admit i took this off a web site or other instead of telling untruths or mouthing something you know nothing about, when i know damn well he was not, which proves your statement was full bull my friend, fact are facts. Please excuse Heineken he believes everything he reads then tells us it's Kosher.
HO HO HO for the lap dog statement as i said yesterday tiresome and boring i work with him not for him you know nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
now we have possibilities( maybe he was not here at all, make up you F******** mind please, which is somwhat bizarre as it was you who stated he was here in SA ALL WEEK LAST WEEK, why do you not admit i took this off a web site or other instead of telling untruths or mouthing something you know nothing about, when i know damn well he was not, which proves your statement was full bull my friend, fact are facts. Please excuse Heineken he believes everything he reads then tells us it's Kosher.
HO HO HO for the lap dog statement as i said yesterday tiresome and boring i work with him not for him you know nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep this up gaston and you'll be taking a time out. This is a warning.

Great attitude by some of the mods against an enthusiastic (maybe tad over enthusiastic from time to time) knowledgeable guy.

Sums up the way this forum is moving and why I will not be posting again.

Great attitude by some of the mods against an enthusiastic (maybe tad over enthusiastic from time to time) knowledgeable guy.

Bye.

Last edited:

so the very fact that i'm telling the truth and Heineken is fabricating but is obviously protected, the possibility of another ban, well if you think i need it go ahead. I'm having doubts about continuing anyway, so you could possibly make my mind up for me.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow at least you guys give me some entertainment at work with your bickering.................. loving the passion guys

Tony, while I appreciate your comments on this forum, I think you should rather focus on the fact the Gaston is constantly disobeying the rules as well as the warnings previously given to him in regard to the use of capital words, swearing and the misuse of exclamation marks etc.

If I made a mistake or said something untrue, I will apologise, as I have done in the past. I said that Jake White was in South Africa during the week, based on a report I saw on television. If it was false, then I'll gladly apologise and move on, but as of yet, I haven't seen much to disprove what I saw in tv.

Tony, while I appreciate your comments on this forum, I think you should rather focus on the fact the Gaston is constantly disobeying the rules as well as the warnings previously given to him in regard to the use of capital words, swearing and the misuse of exclamation marks etc.

If I made a mistake or said something untrue, I will apologise, as I have done in the past. I said that Jake White was in South Africa during the week, based on a report I saw on television. If it was false, then I'll gladly apologise and move on, but as of yet, I haven't seen much to disprove what I saw in tv.

You have nothing to apologise for because you are correct.

It was reported here last last week on Radio Sport that Jake White was in South Africa amid the rumours about Aaron Cruden possibly going to Montpellier after his contract ends in June 2017. It was RadioSport correspondent Joel Stransky (who also presents for SuperSport in SA) who said, in an interviewe with Tony Veitch (?) that he had seen Jake there.

Gaston is way off the mark on this.

Last edited:
To come back on the original post, I am surprised that MHR chose Vern Cotter to replace White's which is obtaining good results.

I dislike the way MHR is playing under White's orders. And Cotter's gameplan and style of play are the exact and total opposite.

MHR which has very great players, especially in the backs, play a very restrictive rugby, I would even say against the nature : a 1-10 style, where Backs count for nothing (or almost). Strong forwards, good kicker... It's efficient but far less entertaining than in the past for MHR.

Vern Cotter will bring a new "souffle" (whistle ?). He doesn't forget forwards, but he uses them as a launcher rocket for backs. It will be interesting to see if MHR is able to change totally their gameplan and be efficent very fast under Cotter (I hope so, we need and have a lack of this sort of coach).

i would have loved to see Cotter training Les bleus instead of Noves (I would even say instead of Lièvremont and PSA). Novès is a man of the past, a man of "club" and has always played against the national squad when he was heading Toulouse. Now that he is conronted with the situation he has contributed to create (Clubs vs Country), he is knowing a very erratic french side : unable to do 2 following games with same players, at the same level etc... Despite an enormous tank of great players, France has become a medium side where (too) well paid players come as tourist to take the blue jersey. We still can do (very) few good games like the last against Pumas... But till we haven't given priority for the national team against clubs, we won't have a true french side in 6N, in tests (especially june tour) or in world cup. But that is another debate. ;)

You have nothing to apologise for because you are correct.

It was reported here last last week on Radio Sport that Jake White was in South Africa amid the rumours about Aaron Cruden possibly going to Montpellier after his contract ends in June 2017. It was RadioSport correspondent Joel Stransky (who also presents for SuperSport in SA) who said, in an interviewe with Tony Veitch (?) that he had seen Jake there.

Gaston is way off the mark on this.

What i would like to know is why i'm way off the mark, Heinken stated Jake White was in SA " All week last week" he was not and i'm the one telling the truth. This all started because he believed something he read was gospel and it was not, so i confronted his statement.I also had the statement on the change of coach the evening before, i also posted far earlier than Heineken on this news, and he had a go, but thats not the problem here i do not want an apology, i have stated the truth!!! have any of you the proof that JW was there "All week last week" no you have not.!!! because he was not and it is not true.

Gaston, I think SC was trying to appease the thing...

let's imagine, if you read a thing on "L'equipe", then if you don't know it is wrong, you take it for true, if a foreigner told you the opposite, you will think you're right and you will argue... I don't find anything abnormal on the fact heineken defended its point (I don't speak about the way he did, I just think he was sincere when he thought that what he was saying was the right thing)...

It would be a good point to release presssure on the thing, we know all you were right about the info... Sometimes, it is very "galant" and appreciated that the one, who is right, decides to give up about the "unuseful argueing". I mean, it would be better (more clever even) to close the point.

sorry cant agree, he accepts the very fact he was wrong, they want to ban me for telling the truth , no sorry let them go ahead we have lost most of the posters in the TOP 14 for similar reasons, why should i back down i am in the right, end of story. His better judgement should have been to ask what he read was true when someone could tell him it was not, i'm not pushing anything just stating what really happened. If he coms to crunch you may be on your own on here.

sorry cant agree, he accepts the very fact he was wrong, they want to ban me for telling the truth , no sorry let them go ahead we have lost most of the posters in the TOP 14 for similar reasons, why should i back down i am in the right, end of story. His better judgement should have been to ask what he read was true when someone could tell him it was not, i'm not pushing anything just stating what really happened. If he coms to crunch you may be on your own on here.

Have we banned you? No
Have we banned you for telling the truth? No
Is telling the truth a bannable offence? No

You are trying to make mountains out of molehills.

If we were to ban you, it would be for disobeying forum rules, like in the past. The use of capital words, swearing and excessive use of punctuation such as exclamation marks would be enough reason to ban you. And that is what I stated to Tony Manx.

You have been given a warning to stop doing this, and if you continue, then you will be banned. The other members no matter what nationality, who were banned, was for the same reasons or even worse offences, not for telling the truth or whatever else.

Now I will concede that my remark that he was in SA "All week last week" might not be as accurate as it seems, but again, you are the only one providing contradiction to what I'm saying, nobody else, whereas another member has confirmed what I said, and he's from another country and nationality.

There is no conspiracy theory here, I'll even go as far as give you my username and password to check if I asked other members to confirm my version, and you will see that there is no such conversations that took place.

I honestly don't know why do you want to attack me the whole time, when all I did with this thread was report on what was said in the media, as it's my source to provide information to members that might not have the same info available to them.

now I will concede that my remark that he was in SA "All week last week" might not be as accurate as it seems,but again, you are the only one providing contradiction to what I'm saying, nobody else, whereas another member has confirmed what I said, and he's from another country and nationality.

The reason is, i was present as was my wife on two occaisons that week, contradtion has nothing to do with it, i'm the one telling it as it happened and not reading some journos report, so he could not have been where you said he was.

now we concede it was not accurate!! it's got nothing to do with moles, mountains ant other hilly areas or animals, or anything else, its about principles and morals, whether you have them or not i certainly do, i told you he was not there, do you need me to ask my wife as she was also present when he was supposed to be in SA, or will she not be believed as well. I have been banned once for a week, for uppercase use nothing else i do not swear on this forum i do like anyone else using**** marks so i suppose everyone else is banned for using the same. using excess punctuation i'll admit to its fun, maybe you guys don't like it, but as far as i see its harmless.
Anyway the reponses you have given throughout this last week to me a very minor spat is beyond belief, i am not attacking you personnally i did not use lapdog or other, but i am prepared to leave it at that unless i'm personally attacked again.

now I will concede that my remark that he was in SA "All week last week" might not be as accurate as it seems,but again, you are the only one providing contradiction to what I'm saying, nobody else, whereas another member has confirmed what I said, and he's from another country and nationality.

The reason is, i was present as was my wife on two occaisons that week, contradtion has nothing to do with it, i'm the one telling it as it happened and not reading some journos report, so he could not have been where you said he was.

now we concede it was not accurate!! it's got nothing to do with moles, mountains ant other hilly areas or animals, or anything else, its about principles and morals, whether you have them or not i certainly do, i told you he was not there, do you need me to ask my wife as she was also present when he was supposed to be in SA, or will she not be believed as well. I have been banned once for a week, for uppercase use nothing else i do not swear on this forum i do like anyone else using**** marks so i suppose everyone else is banned for using the same. using excess punctuation i'll admit to its fun, maybe you guys don't like it, but as far as i see its harmless.
Anyway the reponses you have given throughout this last week to me a very minor spat is beyond belief, i am not attacking you personnally i did not use lapdog or other, but i am prepared to leave it at that unless i'm personally attacked again.

If there is one thing I've learned from being in court, is never ask your spouse to be witness for you. But I'll leave it at that.

You are still missing the point though, I was not lying about anything I said, as you have been saying on numerous occasions. And until now, I have not seen any report/article/logbook or whatever else that is evident that Jake wasn't in South Africa. As I've said, he might not have been there all week. But nothing has shown me, that the reports I've seen are false. You saw him on a Tuesday and then on a Saturday. I take your word for it, and believe you that what you are saying is true. But like I said, it still leaves you with Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, perhaps even a bit of Saturday.

Calling me a blatant liar is an attack on my character and you are harming my credibility.

Using the asterisk to cloak the swear/curse words doesn't shy away the fact that you are abusing forum rules. And normally we will overlook the odd curse word in threads, but if it's becoming a constant theme, then we have no choice but to take action.

I will take no part in the process of banning you, if it happens, and my fellow mods are more than welcome to use this post when it comes to deliberation on the matter.

That is all.

Hopefully this is my last post on the subject........and this is just for the record, today we had a press training day which is part of my duties at Montpellier, so after Jake White had finished his chat with the press, i asked if he had been in SA recently and the reasons why i was asking, he even knew about the press stating he was there, he told me the last time it was just before we started pre season training around the the 18/19July, there is no reason not to disbelieve what he told me, i believe him. This is just to set things straight that he was never in SA. Hopefully this will now be a closed affair.

match days i organise all Accreds for written press, radio and television, organise all players and coach interviews post match, during the week i organise one press training session per week which was today for all the press present, and my wife helps with all translations which i used to do but have now not time so i passed the buck to my wife. I write match articles every match in English if you go on the MHR site you will find "Steve's Chronicles" it is i. Often work during the match as translator especially in Euro matches if there are injuries to away teams, if they are not capable of speaking French but that thank God is rare. Have in the past done match announcer for Euro matches but no longer do that. I have been with the club since season 2007/8. did the World Cup anti doping in 2007 for matches played in Montpellier (4 for the IRB and have worked in the Stade de France for one International France v Argentina in 2006.Did a live interview for Sky last season in Sale when we won the Euro Challenge semi there for Benoit Paillaugue who does not speak English, I am a volonteer for the club as is my wife, as i am an ex player who played for years in France and after back injuries 2 massive opps which stopped me playing competitive golf I took up the role as volonteer for the club as it was perfect for me as i am now retired, and the club keeps me very interested and occupied, Great fun and it keeps us both very busy along with my Gite and very large garden 2 hectares with our vines. Hope that answers your question.

Last edited:

Latest posts