• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Very bad things about the game

C

Chuck

here are a few things that are annoying me:

dangerous tackles: whenever you tackle a player early (albeit marginally), there is a penalty awarded to the other team. However i have found that my tackler sometimes tackles people i'm not aiming for, that are nothing to do with the run of play (for example kickoffs this happens a bit). Often there is a red/yellow card as a result of these :wall:

throws not straight: first of all, IT SHOULD BE A SHORT ARM PENALTY, NOT A FULL PENALTY. disastrous error from ea. secondly, i seem to do these quite a lot, however the computer has NEVER done one. i don't know what i'm doing to give away a penalty, throwing it unstraight. :%#%#:

no money!!!!: i completed the end of a world league div 3 season (winning), and i had $350k left over, so i made a few trades. i go to next season, and i get a 'season bonus' of 45k. normally, after this, you get another bonus of just under your salary. I GOT NOTHING. so now i am left with trade point of 150k and a salary of 1.5 million. FAIR? :rahh:

anyway, what are some of your major gripes with the game??

here are a few things that are annoying me:

dangerous tackles: whenever you tackle a player early (albeit marginally), there is a penalty awarded to the other team. However i have found that my tackler sometimes tackles people i'm not aiming for, that are nothing to do with the run of play (for example kickoffs this happens a bit). Often there is a red/yellow card as a result of these :wall:

throws not straight: first of all, IT SHOULD BE A SHORT ARM PENALTY, NOT A FULL PENALTY. disastrous error from ea. secondly, i seem to do these quite a lot, however the computer has NEVER done one. i don't know what i'm doing to give away a penalty, throwing it unstraight. :%#%#:

no money!!!!: i completed the end of a world league div 3 season (winning), and i had $350k left over, so i made a few trades. i go to next season, and i get a 'season bonus' of 45k. normally, after this, you get another bonus of just under your salary. I GOT NOTHING. so now i am left with trade point of 150k and a salary of 1.5 million. FAIR? :rahh:

anyway, what are some of your major gripes with the game??
[/b]

if you push any direction key when you throw in at linouts it will result in a penalty. so just push the throw button and no left, right,up or down.
peace bru...

thanks mate, more annoyed that it is a full penalty, but anyway...

one more thing, whenever you get advantage for a penalty/knock on whatever, if you kick it out on the full, fun into touch etc they just play the lineout with NO ADVANTAGE. this is the same when you have advantage and you miss a dropgoal, it is advantage over

i hate how they dont play advantage for late hits, even when you made a break and about to score

I dont think im gonna buy this game it sounds crap and im happy with my modified 06 rosters. Getting 08 would be like a chore with the the outdated rosters etc. I am willing to get if someone pms me a link *Waits for link* :ph34r:

yer that advantage thing where if you kick it out and they play the lineout is ****, so now ive resorted to running back to my in goal and tapping it down

Some of the commentating is ridiculous, when England go into a 1995 pool match and they talk about them winning in 03. Every single try I score in the world cup they say 'that is their first try of the 2007 RWC'. The stupid advantage thing is proper F£%ked up as has been said. Opposition players on the other side of the pitch being 6 inches offside and getting a penalty for it is stupid. The tackling at the restarts is always retarded. Obviously the rosters absolutely take the ****. TEAM CHEMISTRY- what is going on here. Are they programmed players who are known to be good together? French front row, NZ backrow, Irish back-3, good. but Mike Tindall and Matthew Tait in the centres for England? That's never happened, nor has Dewey and Southwell for Scotland, they clearly don't give a f*** about this game it's a shame I don't use a PC for games.

i hate how they dont play advantage for late hits, even when you made a break and about to score [/b]
Yeah this one really gets me too cause you might have a overlap and all the cpu has to do is head high you then the ref blows it up and you have to get back to where the head high occured that sux bolos.

I dont think im gonna buy this game it sounds crap and im happy with my modified 06 rosters. Getting 08 would be like a chore with the the outdated rosters etc. I am willing to get if someone pms me a link *Waits for link* :ph34r:
[/b]
Yeah its not worth forking out for but I have to admit the actual speed of the game I think has improved a little but the rosters and stats really kill it for me.

thanks mate, more annoyed that it is a full penalty, but anyway...

one more thing, whenever you get advantage for a penalty/knock on whatever, if you kick it out on the full, fun into touch etc they just play the lineout with NO ADVANTAGE. this is the same when you have advantage and you miss a dropgoal, it is advantage over
[/b]

yes the advantage sukcs. i usally just kicks a box kick with the scrumhalf to the opposition's fullback and then i will get the penalty

Latest posts