• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

(Very) early thoughts on the 2017 Lions

Accidentally clicked onto the 2nd page here and saw I predicted Ringrose to tour 9 months before his international debut... These boards would never have heard the end of it, Damn you Warren Gatland, damn you to hell!

Warbs as Captain makes sense I'm not a huge fan of his but as an the incumbant winning captain it would take a lot to remove him. Plus I simply don't think there's standout other Captain selection in the potential squad.

Accidentally clicked onto the 2nd page here and saw I predicted Ringrose to tour 9 months before his international debut... These boards would never have heard the end of it, Damn you Warren Gatland, damn you to hell!
This thread is a build up thread. Could we not have kiwi trolls like you constantly having a go and derailing it for once?
EDIT: I'm fine with Warburton. Thank **** it isn't Hartley or I would be checking out mentally.

Last edited:
Warburton is the right choice, apart from AWJ who didn't shine as Wales captain in 6N the only other candidate was Rory Best who is not exactly nailed on as 1st choice hooker.

I think Warbs, Sexton and Murray are the only nailed on starters (well, before I realised what a bunt Gats is) and out of them Warbs is the only one who is captain material.

Warburton quit as Wales captain because he wanted to focus on his playing.
Why is this any different? If anything Lions captain is going to have more pressure on them than Wales.

I still think Gats said to Sam, have a break, focus on playing then come back as Lions captain and then after Wales again.

I'm guessing as its only short term captaincy he's see's it as such.

Mike Phillips anyone, need a buldozing SH too?

Why is this any different? If anything Lions captain is going to have more pressure on them than Wales.

Maybe because he wasn't playing at his very best or near his best? His place in the squad at the time was being questioned. Hypocrisy 101 why Warbs was selected as Lions Captain.

I'm glad AWJ wasn't named it, felt during the 6 Nations he was undermined a few times. Lack of standout options means Warbs should get it, after all previous Lions captain, deserves another shot.

I still think Gats said to Sam, have a break, focus on playing then come back as Lions captain and then after Wales again.

It was very much something along those lines.

Lions job is only a couple of months though, Wales is at the very least a year round job.

I've just been perusing this thread for interesting comments, and based on this one...

Tigs is just joking (notice how many English players are in the 23?).
Biggar is far and away the best 10 in Europe at the moment and will cruise in to the 10 shirt bar a massive drop of form.

And speaking of which, that's what's happened to Ford. His form stinks and his defence, atm, is arguably the worst of any international player (including O'Gara and Hodgson).
Farrell has been playing very well for Saracens all season - never going to set the world on fire but as it's a straight shoot, in the England squad, between Farrell and Ford for the 10 shirt Farrell is easily the better choice.

...you no longer have a say.

I'm sorry Olyy, it's just the way it is.

I've just been perusing this thread for interesting comments, and based on this one...

...you no longer have a say.

I'm sorry Olyy, it's just the way it is.

What's wrong about that?
I still think Farrell is better than Ford, Ford's defence is still embarrassing, Biggar's form as fallen dramatically since I posted that and he shouldn't tour now.

Lol From Reddit

vf8a89zhcdsy.gif

Some players have been informed.

Also rumours on the web Alun Wyn-Jones is named but won't travel as he needs surgery

Latest posts