Viadana v Biarritz

A

An Tarbh

<div align="center">
Viadana.png
Viadana v Biarritz
Biarritz.png
</div>

Biarritz get their campaign under way with what should be a relatively straightforward win in Viadana on Saturday afternoon.

Despite the improvements that Italian sides have made in this competition I don't think that Viadana are at the level of providing the level of upsets that Treviso have in the past.

8-16 at the end didnt catch this one but by the sounds of it a really enthrawling game

According to Setanta US, Biarritz "do not deserve to be a part of the Heineken Cup" anymore. What is their deal lately? They also refuse to air the Saracens vs BO match on the 17th.

Wow, either Viadana put in a very impressive performance or Biarritz did what they did last year.

8-16 at the end didnt catch this one but by the sounds of it a really enthrawling game [/b]

I know, if Viadana is a tough team to beat at home with 3,000 I shudder to think what they'd be like with a 15,000 - 20,000 stadium!!!

I'll be heading to Viadana when Sarries play there on the 14th, stay tuned for match report and photos! :D

According to Setanta US, Biarritz "do not deserve to be a part of the Heineken Cup" anymore. What is their deal lately? They also refuse to air the Saracens vs BO match on the 17th. [/b]

I know, considering that Saracens vs Biarritz is the pair of matches for that group I have no idea why some broadcasters aren't going to screen it. Sky Sports should be screening it though.

<div class='quotemain'> 8-16 at the end didnt catch this one but by the sounds of it a really enthrawling game [/b]

I know, if Viadana is a tough team to beat at home with 3,000 I shudder to think what they'd be like with a 15,000 - 20,000 stadium!!!

I'll be heading to Viadana when Sarries play there on the 14th, stay tuned for match report and photos! :D

According to Setanta US, Biarritz "do not deserve to be a part of the Heineken Cup" anymore. What is their deal lately? They also refuse to air the Saracens vs BO match on the 17th. [/b]

I know, considering that Saracens vs Biarritz is the pair of matches for that group I have no idea why some broadcasters aren't going to screen it. Sky Sports should be screening it though.
[/b][/quote]

im not gonna predict who goes through, but wriite Glasgow off at your peril (besides, our games were very close last season, so why are Sky not showing todays?)

Because Clermont v Llanelli is a more attractive game for them to show, bit of a no-brainer really.

Viadana could do some damage in this group! Which would make it really interesting!

as long as its not against Glasgow lol

Because Clermont v Llanelli is a more attractive game for them to show, bit of a no-brainer really. [/b]

Not really, Saracens were a top finishing club in the GP so they have just as much right to demand a live game as any other top club in the HEC.

And considering the amount of tries in the Saracens vs Glasgow game and how close it was...you get the feeling that it wasn't neccessarily the "no-brainer" decision that everyone thought it was.

Come on Warriors#1! Lets leave the citizens of dullsville with their one sided Welsh bashings and go for a pint....

...I seriously hope Viadana don't show up Saracens when I go down there in December! :lol:

And considering the quality of the Saracens - Glasgow match I have no choice but to dispute that statement!

This should be a very tight group, you would expect Biarritz to win it but Saracens are on a good run and Glasgow have a superb home record. I'll go for Saracens to nick this group but i think they'll lose away to Glasgow.

And considering the quality of the Saracens - Glasgow match I have no choice but to dispute that statement!
[/b]

well these decisions are obviously made beforehand and given the fact that it's a choice between the semi-finalists of the Heineken Cup and the runners-up in the French championship versus 4th in the GP and 7th in the ML, that's a no-brainer for me

The Clermont v Llanelli match isn't the concern, the fact that Setanta chose Bristol v Stade over Saracens v Biarritz is what annoys me mostly because I don't have Sky. I live in the US, so I'm screwed.

prestwick, were you at the game today?

if so, how many of our guys made the trip?

prestwick, were you at the game today?

if so, how many of our guys made the trip? [/b]

I seriously wanted to go but I couldn't in the end so I had to listen in.

With home and away supporters, the usual turnout at Vicarage Road is 7,500 - 12,000 so anything below that means that there weren't many Jocks at the game.