• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Viadana v Saracens

prestwick, do you know when the times for the remaining 2 fixtures are announced? i actually quite fancy a wee jolly over to Parma in january but the kick-off times not being announced yet has kinda put me off booking (and since prices are now rising I probably wont make it)

And i hope youre not coming up to Glasgow mid january BTW, after what sounds like a fantastic day in Italy it would come as a bit of a shock to the system to come and experience our matchdays! ;)

I think they're going to announce the final two matches when they get agreement for screening schedules from all the broadcasters. If you do try to go, remember that Viadana has neither any taxi nor bus service so either get a group together to rent a mini-bus or get a car.

For hotels try the Starhotel Du Parc or the Hotel Astoria in Parma. Both cheap and both good. For a good night out, ask around for the "Guinness Bar". the local police knew where it was.

I might mosey on up to Glasgow, indeed I might even take the train as moseying 400 miles might take some time, but the powers that be at Saracens are just as bad at having a total lack of entertainment laid on for the visiting fans. So much so that the fans are taking action and sorting out their own BBQ and event near Vicarage Road for the Biarritz fans when they visit, I think we've notified their fan club so they'll be briefed and ready for beer and grub at least!

EDIT: the bad news is that even getting to Parma is an arse. Ryanair fly the only UK - Parma service and that goes from London Stansted. To be honest, it was packed with Saracens and Worcester Warriors fans so I'd say that prices will still be cheap come January. Its just getting there. Other possibilities could be flying to Milan, Venice or Bolognia and traveling in from there.

Match schedules should be released tomorrow, so act quick if you want to beat those bastarding airlines.

Might be an idea just to book assuming that the game is on January 12 as that's when all Italian home games have taken place up till now.

Latest posts