• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Victor Matfield...Whats the story with that arm guard?

<div class='quotemain'>
...and Rok and Sivivatu are running the 100m in just a shade under 8 seconds. [/b]

What do you mean by a shade under 8 seconds? the current record is just over 9 secs held by sprinter Asafa Powell of Jamaica I think.
[/b][/quote]

You don't HONESTLY think jerry collins can bench press a small lear jet ?

No ?

then WTF :huh:

The world's shittes 8, being Dan Browne, also wears one;

72702294.jpg

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
...and Rok and Sivivatu are running the 100m in just a shade under 8 seconds. [/b]

What do you mean by a shade under 8 seconds? the current record is just over 9 secs held by sprinter Asafa Powell of Jamaica I think.
[/b][/quote]

You don't HONESTLY think jerry collins can bench press a small lear jet ?

No ?

then WTF :huh:
[/b][/quote]

I didn't comment on that part because I dunno what a lear jet is. :D

Victor Matfield is a renowned coward.

Of course he has something under there to hammer his opponents.

That's why he wears metal shoulder pads.

So he can shoulder barge his opponents.

The guy's a whimp and a discrace to the Bok jersey.

(Just hope Jerry nails him in the Trinations)

:bleh!:

Love the way they stripped his head on top of that muscular body.

I don't like this South African trend to wear all kinds of stupid things - shoulders pads etc.

It's turning into gridiron.

I have not read all the posts so if this has been posted I apologise. I came across this scan of a magazine with a tiny snippet (bottom right) about Rugby 08

http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/8038/scan0006uy4.jpg
[/b]

I don't like this South African trend to wear all kinds of stupid things - shoulders pads etc.

It's turning into gridiron.
[/b]
a bit of padding never hurt anybody, and i don't think it's hurting the game either. if anything it's helping to prolong their careers.

as for victor mattfields arm guard, it'd definately be for a past injury..

was this a serious thread? and i've just missed the whole sarcasm part of it? haha.. i can't tell

Victor Matfield is a renowned coward.
[/b]

No i dont agree with that comment, he has built his reputation for being the toughest lock in the game and deservedly so

as for victor mattfields arm guard, it'd definately be for a past injury..
[/b]

A past injury??... Did he hurt it at school or something? he's been wearing that for quite along timeto be a past injury, and how long does it take for his injury to heel, a few years??

one of my friends dad's used to put ball bearings in his.
[/b]

I dont think ball bearings wouldnt do damage to anyone. I know of better place's to install ball bearings for pleaseure though :bana:

I agree about the South African's really embracing the shoulder pads. I reckon they're just unnecessary unless you have bad shoulders, but that can't explain why nearly all the Springboks wear them, and its a growing trend...if you want to tackle someone hard, you should learn the proper technique instead of relying on shoulder pads

yes but at top flight top speed rugby you can't always get technique right 100% of the time. And not forgetting these are big lads. I don't wear shoulder pads but see no problem with them. They just help atheletes keep going for longer. With such long seasons it makes sense.

Latest posts