• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Viewing in the US?

Dai Perk

Bench Player
Country Flag
United States
Club or Nation
Scotland
Hey, folks - anyone know where (and if) the Aotearoa can be streamed in the US? Super Rugby is usually on ESPN+, but these fixtures aren't showing up on the schedule... Gah!

If it's on it will be on ESPN+, no reason to believe they won't show it but they aren't great at keeping the schedule up to date. I think it might be cause the time of day game is played hasn't been determined yet they haven't put it up.

If it's on it will be on ESPN+, no reason to believe they won't show it but they aren't great at keeping the schedule up to date. I think it might be cause the time of day game is played hasn't been determined yet they haven't put it up.
I hope you're right... When the news of the Aotearoa broke, I immediately contacted them and asked and the guy was like, "Oh yeah, absolutely!" But since I noticed it's still not listed, I contacted them again today and the dude was just like, "Hmm, I don't see anything." Oy vey. I do see Rugby Pass will carry them, but if I recall, they block US viewers...

I emailed New Zealand Rugby and asked them if the matches will be on ESPN+ because I saw their ad about the upcoming broadcasts on Sky sports. I was sent an automated response saying they'd get back to me within three days. Well, it's been a week and I haven't heard back from them. o_O

I emailed New Zealand Rugby and asked them if the matches will be on ESPN+ because I saw their ad about the upcoming broadcasts on Sky sports. I was sent an automated response saying they'd get back to me within three days. Well, it's been a week and I haven't heard back from them. o_O
try their Facebook page? i hope it gets broadcast

edit, thought id do it myself, they seem to think the normal broadcasting should still apply

upload_2020-6-2_13-47-52.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-6-2_13-33-52.png
    upload_2020-6-2_13-33-52.png
    342 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Days and times were locked in two to three weeks ago...

I reckon if you can't watch it just get a VPN. I don't see How that could be considered wrong if the only other option is to not watch it at all.

The international broadcasters are still doing deals with one another. But it should be the same broadcaster that did the Super Rugby in the beginning of the year. They maybe still have a few things to iron out.

Supersport only started advertising the matches yesterday.

Talking about vpn, I don't care if anyone feels ****** because it illegal but if anyone can help me out here. I got nord VPN so that I can pay for foreign tv services such as Hulu and Showtime. So I trick the website into thinking I'm American but when I get to the payment section it recognizes my credit card as Non US so I then set up a PayPal account using my VPN in USA but Hulu still detects my attempt as outside the USA. I'm trying to give them my money and it's not working so they leave one bo choice but to pirate some stuff. If anyone can help me it would be appreciated. This is not off topic if you want to watch rugby using a VPN on a paid service then I guess everyone here will also need to get past the credit card problem

Ps I have tried loading virtual credit cards with money but also to no avail.

Days and times were locked in two to three weeks ago...

I reckon if you can't watch it just get a VPN. I don't see How that could be considered wrong if the only other option is to not watch it at all.

Does that mean that it will be available to stream free in NZ? Any info appreciated. I've enjoyed watching a bit of NRL thanks to Channel 9 in Oz.

Talking about vpn, I don't care if anyone feels ****** because it illegal but if anyone can help me out here. I got nord VPN so that I can pay for foreign tv services such as Hulu and Showtime. So I trick the website into thinking I'm American but when I get to the payment section it recognizes my credit card as Non US so I then set up a PayPal account using my VPN in USA but Hulu still detects my attempt as outside the USA. I'm trying to give them my money and it's not working so they leave one bo choice but to pirate some stuff. If anyone can help me it would be appreciated. This is not off topic if you want to watch rugby using a VPN on a paid service then I guess everyone here will also need to get past the credit card problem

Ps I have tried loading virtual credit cards with money but also to no avail.

Not something I have tried to do, but I have a couple of suggestions. Have you tried paying with a PayPal balance (as opposed to a card linked to PayPal)? I have no idea how it works, but maybe the address verification stuff gets sent though when you pay on a card via PayPal. If so, paying with a cash balance would avoid this. Failing that, I'd have thought that buying vouchers for the service you're trying to join should work. I can't remember why, but I had to join UK Netflix that way (despite being in the UK with a UK IP and valid UK cards).

edit, thought id do it myself, they seem to think the normal broadcasting should still apply

upload_2020-6-2_13-47-52-png.8219
This was very useful - their info indicates the same thing a few people have speculated, that it will be carried by whatever your ordinary service is. Following that link, it definitely says it will be on ESPN+, so we'll see...

As always, you speak wisdom, my friend.

The timing of these matches is odd... Usually, the Friday night games, NZ time, are concluded by the time I get to work on Friday morning, US time. For these, the first match will be 1:00 AM US time, and then 11:30 that same night. I am gonna be one tired dude. :)

Does that mean that it will be available to stream free in NZ? Any info appreciated. I've enjoyed watching a bit of NRL thanks to Channel 9 in Oz.
im sure there will be streams out there but rugby is on pay tv (sky) in NZ,

its one thing i really love about Aus, there is legislation stating a certain percent of national sports have to be free to air, really helped me get into the AFL. I was talking to the owner of the pub around the corner the other day whilst waiting for takeaways, he said it costs him $2K a month for pay tv (foxtel)....he has to sell 50 pints a week just to cover the tv. so until everythign is back to normal he's cancelled his foxtel and will just sow the free to air games on thursday - sunday...it will be enough for me to go down to watch a couple of quarters with a beer

so...curve ball, here i was worrying about you people in the US getting to watch and ive just heard Foxtel in Aus might not be showing it (despite the post above from super rugby nz)!

trying to contact them now to find out...i just assumed!

7E4060DB-61E1-4DCE-8AE6-E0DBD50052DD.png

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm having the same issue with ESPN, except they won't actually reply. Only a few days away, still not listed. ARRRRGHHHHH

Yeah, I'm having the same issue with ESPN, except they won't actually reply. Only a few days away, still not listed. ARRRRGHHHHH

My feelings exactly and National Talk Like A Pirate Day isn't until Sept. 19th.

giphy.gif

Still not listed on ESPN's upcoming programs. They are, quite simply, the worst.

Yes!

OK. If you go to the list-style schedule and go to 6/13, no Super Rugby appears.

BUT, if you don't go to the list-style schedule, and instead scroll down to where all the various sports are listed with their little ball icons, and you click Rugby, BAM, there it is! First match at 3:05 AM and the next at 11:35 that same night, lol, gonna be an interesting day.

Go, 'Landers!

Yes!

OK. If you go to the list-style schedule and go to 6/13, no Super Rugby appears.

BUT, if you don't go to the list-style schedule, and instead scroll down to where all the various sports are listed with their little ball icons, and you click Rugby, BAM, there it is! First match at 3:05 AM and the next at 11:35 that same night, lol, gonna be an interesting day.

Go, 'Landers!

I'm not going to re-subscribe to ESPN+ again until I actually see it listed. We'll find out tonight, well just past midnight here in the Pacific time zone.

Latest posts