• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

views on these two boots

C

Caledfwlch

i already had my sights set on getting one of those air legends/tiempo ones, cant see any diff. but then i i was swayed AGAIN. just would like to hear your opinions on the NIKE Steam, Mercurial Talaria, and Mercurial Vapor 2 (not the latest one). lokoing for some constructive criticism on durability mainly. i noe DC will just keep egging me on to buy air legends

Air legends are very nice boots and comfy to wear or so ive been told by the many people who wear them

myself i wore vapors this season and are very comfortable to wear, the studded ones also provide really good grip on the softground, only problem is depending on their use they start to break just above the sole which is why i now need a new pair of boots :p

i wore my fly halves vapors a few times during training or just messing about and they are okay, i think the cushoning is ****, plus the main concern like tin head said is the sole and the actual shoe do start to come apart.

i would either go with the nike air legends as i wear, which are quite waterproofed as well, my feet never get wet, or you could go with the puma v 1.06 kang leather edition (provides more durability than the synthetic upper of the original puma v 1.06, also is the lightest boot on the market) but the puma v 1.06 is plauged with the same problem as the vapors in that the sole and the shoe do come apart.

Steam are ****, stay away from those

Talarias arent to bad, theyre upper class steam but still not on par with the more expensive model of vapor, but they are great if you are going for weight of a boot because in that class they stand alone at that mid level price of ($100) i believe.

I have worn both the Talarias and Vapours and both are very good for agilty and speed. Strike contact on the ball is also very good as the thin fabric creates a more natural contact, the only downer is the tendency for them to break due to the light weight make up, and the pain you recieve when u are trodden on

so durability is a problem there huh? oh well becos my girlfriend got herself a pair of steams for touch rugby

I have worn both the Talarias and Vapours and both are very good for agilty and speed. Strike contact on the ball is also very good as the thin fabric creates a more natural contact, the only downer is the tendency for them to break due to the light weight make up, and the pain you recieve when u are trodden on [/b]

haha damn right!!

it friggen kills, but your feet get used to it i think, i remember i had lighter preds and i got used to it and i'd get stepped on and it wouldnt hurt that bad

Why do people even bother buying the Nike Mercurial Steam boots? If you're gonna buy a pair of boots, at least spend over £50 on them.

As for durability, I've had my Vapors for nearly 2 years now, wearing them up to twice a week during the season, and they're still going strong. I would like a new pair though, just cos the novelty of having orange boots is wearing off.

Still, unless you're a winger, don't bother with Vapors or Talarias, and just get a pair of Air Legends/Tiempos. I mean, FFS, Caledfwlch, we've given you advice on boots I don't know how many times! Just get a pair and be done with it!

If you're gonna buy a pair of boots, at least spend over £50 on them.
[/b]

Why?

I bought my last pair for £15 (in a sale admittedly, but they still weren't much to begin with) and they have been brilliant. Pair of Adidas boots that look a bit like Predators, but are a few models down. They are wonderfully comfortable and have lasted years.

Spent more than that on a pair of Canterbury boots which feel apart much sooner.

Boots are all about personal choice, I think it's impossible to accept any advice as 100% accurate until you've tried them for yourself.

Adidas Predator Rugby. Say no more. if there good enough for Carter and Jonny. There good enough for me!

go with the legends ive told youa million bajillion times, when you get stepped on it doesnt hurt as bad, plus the kang leather keeps your feet dry and the strike of the ball feels fantastic

Adidas Predator Rugby. Say no more. if there good enough for Carter and Jonny. There good enough for me! [/b]
Those are kicker's boots, tbh, and unless Caledfwlch is a kicker, I don't see any reason why he should spend £120 (or an equivalent sum in another currency) on those.

Latest posts