• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Vista and Nvidia support : such a shame !

E

empppapy

Quote from the readme of Rugby 08 :

*Only DirectX 9 ‘capable’ cards are supported by Rugby 08 running
on Windows Vista.
*Performance issues may be experienced on some graphic cards when
running Rugby 08 on Windows Vista
*EA SPORTS™ Rugby 08 only supports NVIDIA Driver Release 100.65 for Windows Vista

I own a Geforce 8600 and can't play the game, I mean, it is unbelievable !

EA team is so lazy :ranting:
The very few improvements from Rugby 06, the unforgivable lack of rosters update already demonstrated that EA only cares about making more money. Besides, the game isn't optimized at all to work properly with new hardware : it proves my point.

What do you guys think ? Am I the only one who feels that EA is making fun of us ?

I think you'll find if you run XP or Vista, with a GeForce 8600 and you have the latest version of DirectX, you'll be fine. Even if you haven't updated DirectX in the last 18 months it'll run.

I could be wrong though.

Have you tried it?

Actually it works but crashes to the desktop when I try to access the "display settings" menu... Thus I can't change resolution or quality of graphics and the game looks awful.

Anyway Geforce 8 series is not officially supported (it is clearly written in the readme) so I guess I'll have to wait for a patch.
It's not very important because I'm on holiday right now but I just wanted to show that this game is kind of a joke.

Actually it works but crashes to the desktop when I try to access the "display settings" menu... Thus I can't change resolution or quality of graphics and the game looks awful.

Anyway Geforce 8 series is not officially supported (it is clearly written in the readme) so I guess I'll have to wait for a patch.
It's not very important because I'm on holiday right now but I just wanted to show that this game is kind of a joke.
[/b]

Mine does the exact same thing. I was pondering going back to XP for a while anyway so I can play Lock-on and IL2 Sturmovik, so now I've got an even more compelling reason to. F'n Vista. I guess it sucks to have a top of the line rig sometimes. I mean damn...I go spend a crapload of money to upgrade my machine and turns out EA doesn't want to support any of the new video cards. Niiiiiice.

Latest posts