• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wakefield & the Franchise Criteria

I have said all along I think Wakefield will get the boot. Although I am going to take this with a pinch of salt. Angela Powers is an utter gobshite, a moron of the highest order.

any news on the Crusaders?
[/b]

New stadium on the horizon? See other thread.

I have said all along I think Wakefield will get the boot. Although I am going to take this with a pinch of salt. Angela Powers is an utter gobshite, a moron of the highest order.
[/b]

I think she's a Wire fan which explains a lot ;)

I think it'll be the shortcomings of applicants outside of SL that will be the saviour of some clubs.

I think the big thing with Wakefield is that you have to sit back and ask yourself "what do they offer?" Not a lot, imo. They could give that franchise to Whitehaven or somewhere worthwhile that would attract bigger crowds.

I think the big thing with Wakefield is that you have to sit back and ask yourself "what do they offer?" Not a lot, imo. They could give that franchise to Whitehaven or somewhere worthwhile that would attract bigger crowds.
[/b]

I think they would look more favourably upon a merged Cumbrian team and whilst Haven, Worky & Barrow plough their own fields I don't see them as a realistic prospect.
Wakefield are a club who can go places... Belle Vue holds them back but there is definitely a feel good factor back at the club. I expect them to challenge for a playoff spot this season and I reckon their crowds will beat some of the other clubs ie Quins.

I have them down to struggle myself!
[/b]

Brough, Rooney & Drew.
That's more quality than most have got to offer. Aligned with good young talent like Atkins & Fox and good old pros like Demetriou... I reckon they'll do well.

Latest posts