• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wako Jako quits the All Blacks.

P

Prestwick

Well at the surprisingly young age of 29, Chris Jack has quit the All Blacks and has pledeged his future to Saracens without even playing a game for them yet. I didn't know Kiwis liked Watford and Hertfordshire to be honest :huh:

Anyway, with Keith Robinson also retiring, that leaves New Zealand suspiciously short of experienced locks.

As we see more younger players go North I think we'll see a gradual change in selection policy, especially if they want to have a prayer of winning the World Cup in 2011. If they continue with their policy of treating anyone who sails north to the Motherland as outcast freaks, it won't be long before they'll have shortage at more areas than at Lock!

Well, they could consider Greg Rawlinson or Troy Flavell. Rawinson has been dveloping into a pretty fine player. Right now, with the departure of Jack and theother lock, do you think Eaton and Williams will make up the first team lockin pairing?

Well, they could consider Greg Rawlinson or Troy Flavell. Rawinson has been dveloping into a pretty fine player. Right now, with the departure of Jack and theother lock, do you think Eaton and Williams will make up the first team lockin pairing?
[/b]

............and James Ryan.

Haha you can't have three locks can you? I meant the first choice pairing

[/b]

That's what I mean, I'd rather start Ryan ahead of Eaton. Williams and Eaton are very similar in the style they play, so I'd choice a pairing that each brings something different. In that case I'd pick Ryan and Williams.

Note, when I say "Wako Jako" it is in an endearing way because we're all really excited to see him cause chaos when playing, going to see him play against Viadana in Viadana. Going to be awesome.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

That's what I mean, I'd rather start Ryan ahead of Eaton. Williams and Eaton are very similar in the style they play, so I'd choice a pairing that each brings something different. In that case I'd pick Ryan and Williams. [/b][/quote]

I see your point. Havent really got the oppo to catch Ryan in the action so I'll have to wait and see

Anyway, with Keith Robinson also retiring, that leaves New Zealand suspiciously short of experienced locks.

If they continue with their policy of treating anyone who sails north to the Motherland as outcast freaks, it won't be long before they'll have shortage at more areas than at Lock!
[/b]

Ooooh the beauty of New Zealand rugby :D :D :D ... When 1 man leaves.... Up pops another to fill his shoes. So just You hold on to that theory of yours sonny :) We have quite a few successfully rugby factory's around NZ producing manufacturing and cloning signeture class rugby players as we speak :cheers: :cheers:

Let them go because we have more then enough players to cover

Why is this even newsworthy? He was like Mauger, living on past glories from 2003.

Once he left it was always only going to be a one way flight - he's been the number 2 lock ever since Ali Williams exploded in the Lions series, and with Jason Ryan and Eaton both coming along nicely (especially Eaton, him and Ali are going to be destroying opposing team lineouts and chasing down crappy Irish wingers for years to come)

Robinson was hardly an experienced lock either, sure, he had been around for ages but he barely reached double digit test caps, it personally wouldn't surprise me if Eaton has already played more tests despite only really having a single year of test rugby (2005 EYOT + 2006). If he hadn't crocked himself I don't think Robinson wouldn't have even made it to France as there would've been no need to rush him back.

Yea but that was against Portugal or someone. We have many up and coming locks eg. Isaac Ross, Michael Patterson, Jeremy Thrush, Bryn Evans and the list goes on. We also have James Ryan and Jason Eaton returning from injury so there is no need to put So'oialo at lock

Latest posts