• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wales 2 - 1 Australia

As most have said, this post won't do us any favors.

This is exactly the type of post that gives a set of fans who have accepted defeat the tag of "One eyed" and "having blinkers on". Its frustrating to see refereeing desicions not go our way, but we've had our fair share of favorable decisions - "Ireland line out fiasco" a fine example of this!!!

Dullonien's post is a fine example of how a fan must accept defeat. We weren't clinical enough at the breakdown, our line out's still a mess, players not stepping up, high penalty count and unforced handling errors are just a selection of where we went wrong. Australia are a top 3 side, defending tri nations champs, everyone gives them stick, but they are a fantastic side. They capitalized one our mistakes. You don't win games on merit, you win on points.

Some refereeing decisions were debatable but when is anyone happy with a call that goes against them??

At the end of the day, If you Score more points than your opposition then you win the game!

END OF!

Nice post TVH. "To be fair" to the Welsh crowd on here, the proportion of crazy posters making all sorts of wild accusations about match officials seems low relative to most other countries. In Australia, abusing the ref is a national sport. Whenever we lose the Bledisloe (or some series) the newspapers start making up crap in an attempt to turn the blame on match officials, yet when we win it's all because "those fantastic refs clamped down on that dirty cheat, whose name must not be spoken..."

I hate these types of threads. It's alright to say a referee had a bad game, but it's different entirely to accuse referees of being bias. Craig Joubert is probably the best referee in the world in my opinion. Seems very consistant and communicated well with the players. Probably were a few harsh calls, but nothing too harsh. Good to see most of the Welsh are taking the loss for what it was, a mixture of bad luck and underachievement.

I hate these types of threads. It's alright to say a referee had a bad game, but it's different entirely to accuse referees of being bias. Craig Joubert is probably the best referee in the world in my opinion. Seems very consistant and communicated well with the players. Probably were a few harsh calls, but nothing too harsh. Good to see most of the Welsh are taking the loss for what it was, a mixture of bad luck and underachievement.

I'm sure all Kiwis would agree! :D

The only mistake I cannot forgive from Joubert, was not penalising Austrailia for blatantly taking out Mike Phillips from the back of a ruck in the closing stages, allowing Aus to come through and turn the ball over. That was so utterly blatant, I was fully expecting Joubert to not only blow his whistle buy have a talk and possibly threaten a yellow card, but he just waved play on as if nothing had happened, and I wondered if he was even looking.

Wales have taken a big step forward in the last year. The way I see it is they have solid foundations in place now and need to keep building the team over the next 5 years. Add 3 or 4 quality players to the squad per year and it'll make a big difference for the next world cup. The team is young and most of them will be around for the next 2 world cups.

The only mistake I cannot forgive from Joubert, was not penalising Austrailia for blatantly taking out Mike Phillips from the back of a ruck in the closing stages, allowing Aus to come through and turn the ball over. That was so utterly blatant, I was fully expecting Joubert to not only blow his whistle buy have a talk and possibly threaten a yellow card, but he just waved play on as if nothing had happened, and I wondered if he was even looking.

This. Also confused the hell out of me when he didn't penalise the Aussie front row for standing up pretty much straight because they couldn't deal with our front row. Ridiculous.

While the refs certainly didn't help us at all, it's our fault and our mistakes that cost us the series. Still annoyed that Tipuric wasn't given more of a chance, he played well after Warburtons third test injury

Sent from my GT-I5500 using Tapatalk 2

I'm not even going to bother. The OP is a fecking moron and gives other Welsh fans a bad name. Please don't listen to him

You can't blame the ref. We have been pretty poor for a few years now (some good patches) and when you played us, we had just lost to Scotland and were missing 6 players. The backline was virtually all secondstring. This was a golden opportunity to knock us off and you lost 3 - 0 and in the last 10 months you've played us 5 times and lost 5 times. When that happens, you can't start blaming the ref, irrespective of whether or not he was **** or biased. A one off game, perhaps in a World Cup & the ref has a shocker then sure, let him have it, but not when you have lost 5 in a row.

Last edited:
Funny that if Wales finally manage to beat Australia in autumn, I'm sure we'll hear a lot of talk like "oh ah, the great Wales, better then Wallabies", "justice being done", "you have to fear us" and so on, while the recent scoreline will (or won't, which I hope for :)) still read 5-1 to the Wallabies...

Boys some of you need to get a grip. Don't make the assumption like Black_Magic and others have made that all Welsh posters feel like the OP. Also the OP is a troller, wish people would just ignore it and carry on.

Boys some of you need to get a grip. Don't make the assumption like Black_Magic and others have made that all Welsh posters feel like the OP. Also the OP is a troller, wish people would just ignore it and carry on.

Ignore Cymro! We need more sensationalism and hyperbole. It's not called the silly season for nothing.

All Welsh people are arses and their team is awful.

Yeah, you're right. Of course I didn't mean all Welsh posters here on TRF. There are troll posters among supporters of every major rugby force here, it just seems to me that the Welsh (and Irish) trolls are the most active ;-)
And the reality is, that for NH sides (bar France and England maybe), a narrow win over any of the SH big three even depleted by injuries (remember how many key players the Wallabies missed in June?) would be heralded as a glorious and historic victory, while for SH sides it's not just a win over NH sides that is required - it has to be a hammering. Which just shows exactly how big a difference in rugby level there is between the hemispheres. And one-off victory for the north, like Irish win over Australia in RWC2011, won't change it, at least for now. Wales have a chance to be like France or England (getting their share of victories against SH teams), but so far they are not.

Funny that if Wales finally manage to beat Australia in autumn, I'm sure we'll hear a lot of talk like "oh ah, the great Wales, better then Wallabies", "justice being done", "you have to fear us" and so on, while the recent scoreline will (or won't, which I hope for :)) still read 5-1 to the Wallabies...

Yep, can't remember the time I wasn't saying **** like that!

Yup, I'd kind of figured he was a bit of a troll. ;)

Yeah, you're right. Of course I didn't mean all Welsh posters here on TRF. There are troll posters among supporters of every major rugby force here, it just seems to me that the Welsh (and Irish) trolls are the most active ;-)
And the reality is, that for NH sides (bar France and England maybe), a narrow win over any of the SH big three even depleted by injuries (remember how many key players the Wallabies missed in June?) would be heralded as a glorious and historic victory, while for SH sides it's not just a win over NH sides that is required - it has to be a hammering. Which just shows exactly how big a difference in rugby level there is between the hemispheres. And one-off victory for the north, like Irish win over Australia in RWC2011, won't change it, at least for now. Wales have a chance to be like France or England (getting their share of victories against SH teams), but so far they are not.

Woah, don't group us with that bunch sheep fetishing-rugby-choking-henson-loving-personal-hygiene-hating-nation-of-cretins!

Latest posts