• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wales AI

James Davies is brilliant, what limited amount of Welsh and Pro12 rugny I get to see he ALWAYS stands out. Surprised I never see him in a Welsh 15

James Davies is brilliant, what limited amount of Welsh and Pro12 rugny I get to see he ALWAYS stands out. Surprised I never see him in a Welsh 15

He's injured sadly but to be honest I just don't think he will ever get a chance while Gatland and Howley are in charge of Wales for whatever reason. Overall I'm cautiously optimistic although we will have to see what the first team selection is like against Australia. Not sure how Cuthbert get's in but with all the injuries in the back row I do see why Lydiate is selected. Boyde and Young do have the right to feel aggrieved at Sam Cross somehow sneaking in there. Also I'm not sold of the Parkes selection either, picking a 30 Y.O New Zealander (who is only available for the last game) and he's not exactly a lot better than other choices. My hope this AI is just to start to play a more expansive game and give the promising youngsters (Seb Davies, Leon Brown, Elliot Dee, Owen Watkins etc.) at least some game time against the big sides.

I'd love to see a back line of Webb, Patchell, Amos, Watkins, Davies, Evans, Williams but I doubt that's going to happen. I think Lydiate will start, I do like Shingler but I don't think a back row of him Tipruic and Faleteau would be physical enough, this is where Thomas Young would have come in useful.

Latest posts