• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wales Autumn Squad

Morgan Stoddart is a f***ing joke. He can't even get in the Scarlets side. All he can do is break a line. That is it. Inspired.

Being a bit harsh there Cyril. Saying that he can't even get in the Scarlets side is weird, considering he's been injured for a while. Morgan Stoddard is an immense line breaker (one of the best I've seen). Play him on the wing, and his main waekness is mostly nullified. I don't think he deserved this place, as he's just back from injury. However Gatland has already said that one of the main reasons he was picked to replace Jones is because he's been involved with the Wales squad before, so he'll fit in quickly.

He still has a lot to work on. His positioning play isn't great, and he tends to rush into the tackle, making it easy for his opponent to sidestep him. He's also increadibly selfish (something which needs to change). But he's still an attacking monster, something every team would want.

Perhaps I am being harsh. That said, breaking a line really is all he can do! His positioning, tackling and kicking is awful; which for a full back really baffles me.
Maybe I'm just being Turkist, but that's what I think! :)

Stoddard plays almost identically to me, which is the main reason I like him. (Only I haven't seen him score 17 tries in one game, as I did last week. [/Showing Off]) However, I don't feel he deserves to be in the squad, as everyone has said. But as he seems to be called up as a winger, I feel more sorry for Aled Brew and Richard Fussell than anything else. Brew has been the form wing in the past few weeks. (With the possible exceptions of Mark Jones [Injured now] and Tom James.)

Still, he's playing for the Scarlets on sunday, (It's on Sky Sports 'n' all.) so we'll just have to see how he gets on.

Stoddart would be the perfect NFL player. Awesome on the attack, shitehouse in defence. Almost the opposite of Mark Jones for Wales.

Latest posts