• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wales England [Banter]

Yes sorry, stay loose

- - - Updated - - -

Look at how anonymous Falatau was when he came on all down to lack of game time and match sharpness Billy V is as nailed on as Falatau ie both behind Moriarty at the minute, yes things can and will change over the rest of the 6N, but if you were picking a Lions 15 today Moriarty would be wearing 8

If the flight left tomorrow maybe. Otherwise you'd ditch 80 odd caps between them for someone with what, 15 caps and 2 or 3 international starts? Yeah that seems rational.

If the flight left tomorrow maybe. Otherwise you'd ditch 80 odd caps between them for someone with what, 15 caps and 2 or 3 international starts? Yeah that seems rational.

Not even, Heaslip was outstanding against Italy and wasn't bad against Scotland. I'd be very surprised if the Islanders and Heaslip didn't travel, it gives a huge amount of range in how you want your backrow to play, its definitely an area where the Lions should be better than NZ, the only other being centre.

So VC's list of low capped Welsh players who are bolt ons for the Lions grows...

Wales' massive step up in performance has clearly led some Wales fans and possibly sc pundits to automatically think they were the better team (vc cough cogs) . My immediate thoughts were that it was pretty much 50/50 with eng being more clinical. If vc thinks Wales were the better team and STILL lost, that's even better!

I'm gutted after Sam Davies came on with 20 to go and put 30 points on us ignorant English.

VC is a wind up and rather amusing with his random thoughts. In my mind he's a bullied 13 year old grammar school kid while all his friends go to private schools....poor lad

Wrong most ex players. top pundits, reporters and presenters are saying Wales were the better team, or maybe they're all wrong and you are right. What is upsetting is that the last couple of times that we've beaten England you were the better team and the previous couple of England wins against us you were the better team, from an emotional angle winning and loosing when the opposition is superior is much the same, but loosing when being the better side on the day is devastating

I don't see there was much between the 2 sides to be honest. I can understand why you could say Wales were the better team and I can also understand why people would say England were the better team but the main thing that sticks out for me is the very same ex players, pundits, reporters and presenters who you are talking about also say this is the best Wales have played for years whilst unanimously also saying England are below par . It shows how far we have come in a year . We beat you despite being the worst team on the park playing against Wales who were had their best game in recent memory .....

This time last year Wales were fitter than us now we are clearly the fittest team in the NH the only thing left to do is to convince World Rugby to make rugby a 100 minute game

Last edited:
I don't see there was much between the 2 sides to be honest. I can understand why you could say Wales were the better team and I can also understand why people would say England were the better team but the main thing that sticks out for me is the very same ex players, pundits, reporters and presenters who you are talking about also say this is the best Wales have played for years whilst unanimously also saying England are below par . It shows how far we have come in a year . We beat you despite being the worst team on the park playing against Wales who were had their best game in recent memory .....

This time last year Wales were fitter than us now we are clearly the fittest team in the NH the only thing left to do is to convince World Rugby to make rugby a 100 minute game 

I think the Italians would just walk off after 80 anyway.

The bonus point system is going to highlight just how far behind the rest of the pack Italy really are...

Isn't it funny that George north is biologically as Welsh as Ben teo is English (stirring the banter pot) ;)

We don't need a bonus point system to see that...

Agreed, 'we' don't, but the powers that be could do with an almighty kick up the jacksy.
Throw Italy down into the next tier and have a meaningful competition down there and then let the big 5 get it on home and away style.

This time last year Wales were fitter than us now we are clearly the fittest team in the NH the only thing left to do is to convince World Rugby to make rugby a 100 minute game 

Funny you should say that. We did a 100 minute game last weekend and France still had to cheat to beat us :)

Funny you should say that. We did a 100 minute game last weekend and France still had to cheat to beat us :)

You can't count it as a 100 minute game when 17 of the extra 20 minutes was just scrums being reset over and over and btw you weren't cheated you just weren't good enough ....,

Ah the typical would have, should have, could have Welsh excuse that but for [insert excuse]
Wales would have won.

You can't count it as a 100 minute game when 17 of the extra 20 minutes was just scrums being reset over and over and btw you weren't cheated you just weren't good enough ....,

I dunno..the powers that be are looking into France leading up to that HIA etc etc. We were ahead after 80, ahead after 85, ahead after 90....... you get the picture!

- - - Updated - - -

Ah the typical would have, should have, could have Welsh excuse that but for [insert excuse]
Wales would have won.

Ha ha ha - give it up!

- - - Updated - - -

Wales, where they make losing sound so good!

Yeah we are the most downtrodden, hard done by nation on the planet. But we will rise from the ashes lol lol.

I dunno..the powers that be are looking into France leading up to that HIA etc etc. We were ahead after 80, ahead after 85, ahead after 90....... you get the picture!

- - - Updated - - -

Ha ha ha - give it up!

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah we are the most downtrodden, hard done by nation on the planet. But we will rise from the ashes lol lol.

But when the final whistle blew...

Latest posts