• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wales England [Banter]

but he has experience guys, do you not see this makes up for everything!?! theres some clueless peolpe on here aye ;)

I once had Josh Lewsey at my school, I have more experience of being closer to a world cup win than Cuthbert.

ey less of the wales comments, we are purely talking about cuthberts lions chances here.

but in all seriousness, as a 6 or 8 im certain moriaty will go if he continues to play like he did this weekend. how long is billy V out for?

but he has experience guys, do you not see this makes up for everything!?! theres some clueless peolpe on here aye ;)

Yeah experience of taking naughty pictures of Gatland with Howley. That's the only reasonable explanation for his selection.

Yeah experience of taking naughty pictures of Gatland with Howley. That's the only reasonable explanation for his selection.

i used to think these conspiracies were ludicrous but i cannot think of any logical reason for why he keeps getting selected

i used to think these conspiracies were ludicrous but i cannot think of any logical reason for why he keeps getting selected

Happens a lot with Wingers. We had Chris Ashton playing for England over 3 years and the strength of one try against Australia.

Happens a lot with Wingers. We had Chris Ashton playing for England over 3 years and the strength of one try against Australia.

i suppose there are very rarely stand out wingers though, even the all blacks seem to change them routinely.

Well who would I say are stand out wingers...

North in form is, though he's having issues with injuries.
Liam Williams is but should be full back.
Nowell will be if he stays fit. Watson is close, but again should be full back.
Zebo is playing well too, Earls for me is more of a finisher and are better ahead.
Maitland played well against Ireland, but can also be anonymous. Seymour...honestly haven't seen enough personally to place in the pecking order.

Well who would I say are stand out wingers...

North in form is, though he's having issues with injuries.
Liam Williams is but should be full back.
Nowell will be if he stays fit. Watson is close, but again should be full back.
Zebo is playing well too, Earls for me is more of a finisher and are better ahead.
Maitland played well against Ireland, but can also be anonymous. Seymour...honestly haven't seen enough personally to place in the pecking order.

exactly, hardly anyone is nailed on unless there is no other option. for the lions id say the only certainty would be Williams at the moment (he could be used at FB though), i also think gatland rates nowell, not sure why, just seems like the type of player he would like. IMO the only back 3 only players i feel will deffo get a seat on the plane are Hogg, Williams, Halfpenny (he will literally go for his kicking and defensive work) and North (if fit). back 3 from other nations i cannot choose between at the moment.

exactly, hardly anyone is nailed on unless there is no other option. for the lions id say the only certainty would be Williams at the moment (he could be used at FB though), i also think gatland rates nowell, not sure why, just seems like the type of player he would like. IMO the only back 3 only players i feel will deffo get a seat on the plane are Hogg, Williams, Halfpenny (he will literally go for his kicking and defensive work) and North (if fit). back 3 from other nations i cannot choose between at the moment.

Ah but you forget, Cuthbert is first choice regardless so this is just us discussing a fantasy world.

Ah but you forget, Cuthbert is first choice regardless so this is just us discussing a fantasy world.

ah i totally forgot. can you imagine the uproar if Cuthbert gets on the tour haha

ah i totally forgot. can you imagine the uproar if Cuthbert gets on the tour haha

Well at the moment when he gets picked for the Welsh squad there is already an uproar with Welsh fans. Only difference is everyone else is happy as it weakens the Welsh squad. If he got picked for the lions imagine how many other people would join the uproar.

To be honest, Liam Williams was the only guy on the welsh side who really impressed me in terms of Lions positions, as I think the Wing spots are very up for grabs.

+ To Mr Valley, as my friend Mr Diesel once said "doesn't matter if you win by a metre or a mile, Winning is Winning".

Last edited:
ey less of the wales comments, we are purely talking about cuthberts lions chances here.

but in all seriousness, as a 6 or 8 im certain moriaty will go if he continues to play like he did this weekend. how long is billy V out for?

BBC reporting Billy V will likely be back for the Ireland game . Either way Billy has more or less nailed the 8 shirt imo so it's down to 6 for Moriarty and if I was picking the team that would be Standers shirt . Thought Ross Moriarty was great Saturday though

BBC reporting Billy V will likely be back for the Ireland game . Either way Billy has more or less nailed the 8 shirt imo so it's down to 6 for Moriarty and if I was picking the team that would be Standers shirt . Thought Ross Moriarty was great Saturday though

yea stander was outstanding to be fair. moriaty could still go to cover 6 and 8 though.

Top performance from world class Lions starter Sam Davies yesterday #bants

- - - Updated - - -

In all seriousness, I thought Biggar played really well for Wales, and was a fantastic performance by both teams. England edged it, cause they were the better team. Just. Simple.

Wrong most ex players. top pundits, reporters and presenters are saying Wales were the better team, or maybe they're all wrong and you are right. What is upsetting is that the last couple of times that we've beaten England you were the better team and the previous couple of England wins against us you were the better team, from an emotional angle winning and loosing when the opposition is superior is much the same, but loosing when being the better side on the day is devastating

VC - it's losing, not loosing.

Yes sorry, stay loose

- - - Updated - - -

Look at how anonymous Falatau was when he came on all down to lack of game time and match sharpness Billy V is as nailed on as Falatau ie both behind Moriarty at the minute, yes things can and will change over the rest of the 6N, but if you were picking a Lions 15 today Moriarty would be wearing 8

Wrong most ex players. top pundits, reporters and presenters are saying Wales were the better team, or maybe they're all wrong and you are right. What is upsetting is that the last couple of times that we've beaten England you were the better team and the previous couple of England wins against us you were the better team, from an emotional angle winning and loosing when the opposition is superior is much the same, but loosing when being the better side on the day is devastating

Please give us a list of pundits and reporters saying Wales deserved to win. Pretty much all pundits I've read have said that Wales put in their best performance for years and yet none say England didn't deserve to win.

The fact is that Wales are getting a lot of credit because of how improved the performance was. But that's not enough, you've got to break it down:

Wales' defence was excellent but so was Englands given possession was 50/50.
Barring one training ground move your attack was not varied or inventive enough to be truly threatening.
Your kicking wasn't great, nor was the tactical decision to not kick off the pitch. Ours wasn't great either but at least we knew to get the ball off the field.
You turned down points
Your set-piece was crap.
You were at home.

Overall, Wales' defence and intensity was what raised your performance a whole another level.
But you still can't expect to beat other tier 1 teams with:

A) an attack which just consists of shipping the ball from left to right and back again
B) A poor set-piece
C) Poor tactical kicking and decision making.

Latest posts