• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wales England [Banter]

And you are so wonderful, at least we have an identity and more than one song (which incidentally are all Welsh, as opposed to your very un-imaginative negro spiritual cotton picking song which has zero connection with England, apart from your slave master ancestors of course)

That is so much worse than Delilah.

Delilah"

I saw the light on the night that I passed by her window
I saw the flickering shadows of love on her blind
She was my woman
As she deceived me I watched and went out of my mind
My, my, my, Delilah
Why, why, why, Delilah
I could see that girl was no good for me
But I was lost like a slave that no man could free
At break of day when that man drove away, I was waiting
I cross the street to her house and she opened the door
She stood there laughing
I felt the knife in my hand and she laughed no more

My, my, my Delilah
Why, why, why Delilah
So before they come to break down the door
Forgive me Delilah I just couldn't take any more

What a wholesome song to sing at the rugby........

Unless was he talking about Mutton?

Lol love it when a non country gets antsy.

(

Oh my, I think we may have finally, finally had a breakthrough in Valley Commando in terms of his acceptance and tolerance of the English.

It's in the ***le of this thread. 'Wales England'. No hyphen between the names of the two nations. No comma. No full stop. No forward slash. Nothing.

In uniting 'Wales' and 'England' in a beautiful and uninterrupted ***le of a thread, Valley Commando has cemented his love and passion for all things Welsh AND English. He has single-handedly broken the walls of hatred and bitterness between the two countries in one foul (and quite frankly genius) Rugby Forum thread.

Valley Commando, I salute you. You are a true hero. I feel unadulterated happiness and adulation for your ability to drop all prejudices and find the courage to mention Wales and England in a single breath. God bless you sir.

P.S. Could someone please make sure this doesn't end up becoming the official thread for the match on Saturday. Cheers!

Brains is disgusting. . . There said it! Also, who cares what EJ says. Gats does the same. It's a tactic, right or wrong. Get used to it!

Before we get into any nonsense can I just point out this is what Eddie also said about Wales ....

"Once you go down the M4 and cross the River Severn you are in hostile territory," he said. "Wales are one of the greatest rugby countries in the world. So to go to their home ground in the middle of their city - it's a privilege and an honour. We're looking forward to playing down there."

Obviously Valleycommando and the WalesOnline decided to ignore this quote which is frankly a charming thing to say about your bitter rivals . I'd rather he called them swede kicking Neanderthals ....

These latest comments from Eddie Jones reported in Wales on Line and BBC sport -:

Jones has questioned why England have ever been 'petrified' of Wales in rugby terms. He's said England will be the team that improves this week, not Wales. He's even derided the notion of Welsh home advantage at the Principality Stadium.

"I can't see that just because we drive down the M4 they get an advantage," said Jones.

"It's not different water, it's not different air. The beer is the same, the pies are the same, the seats are the same, the grass is the same. Everything is the same."

Are we then to conclude that there is no difference between England playing at Twickenham and the Cardiff arena?

Up until now I have not said a bad word about EJ but these comments are proof he deserves the nickname Eddie the Ignorant.

Proof of the nickname eddie the ignorant which you just made up?

I literally just.... don't....

Ignorant of what exactly? He's said that the grass is the same...Is he wrong?

Is he wrong to not want his side to get spooked playing away to Wales as we often have?

Have you closed your ears to every word gatland has said over the years?

You really are a special kind of stupid

From Walesonline about if you're English and in Wales for the rugby:

"If you are an English male, go home or you might regret it. If you are an English female, go home because the Welsh will try to pull you in a bid to inpregnate you with their seed"

Kind of rapey.

As always valley commando trying some banter and failing. This poor 13 year old boy must get bullied quite a bit to try these types of threads. It does make funny reading so keep up the good work and maybe one day, people will appreciate you for the delicate flower you are.

From Walesonline about if you're English and in Wales for the rugby:

"If you are an English male, go home or you might regret it. If you are an English female, go home because the Welsh will try to pull you in a bid to inpregnate you with their seed"

Kind of rapey.

Come on, they never published that?!

Bloody hell,
No one can ever moan about our media again.

I'm sure the tourism board love that
"Come to Cardiff! You'll either get battered or raped!"

Don't know if this is the game thread but I'll post this here Daily Mail saying Itoje, Clifford and Hughes for back row. Haskell apparently not ready to start. Also reporting Nowell in for May. Telegraph reporting the same. If Wood isn't fit and Hask isn't ready to start I'd agree with that team.

Last edited:
Ah **** this is the official thread isn't it?

Don't know if this is the game thread but I'll post this here Daily Mail saying Itoje, Clifford and Hughes for back row. Haskell apparently not ready to start. Also reporting Nowell in for May. Telegraph reporting the same. If Wood isn't fit and Hask isn't ready to start I'd agree with that team.

If Wood isn't fit then he wouldn't be in the 23 surely? He has been retained as one of only 13 forwards so is guaranteed a bench spot at least. Slade is the extra man in the 24 man prep party.

Clifford over Wood is probably a tactical change as Clifford's a more effective ball carrier. I'm guessing they want Clifford and Hughes together to add up to Vunipola.

Match thread is now up,
Try and keep the match thread clean, then this can be for trash talk (though stay within the lines plz, I don't wanna start banning everyone so I end up like that guy in the twilight zone who has the library all to himself and then breaks his glasses).

Match thread is now up,
Try and keep the match thread clean, then this can be for trash talk (though stay within the lines plz, I don't wanna start banning everyone so I end up like that guy in the twilight zone who has the library all to himself and then breaks his glasses).

Everyone knows Twlight -----> Twlight Zone. #TeamEdward

Yes your right Brains is as good as beer gets. What ETI has done is saved Howler from having to do a team talk.

Yeah, I can see it now.

Howley:
"HAVE YOU SEEN WHAT JONES HAS SAID ABOUT US? HE RECKONS WE DON'T BREATHE DIFFERENT AIR, THAT OUR SEATS ARE NOT SPECIAL AND DAMMIT ALL HE DOESN'T THINK OUR BEER IS THAT MUCH DIFFERENT FROM THE ENGLISH. ARE YOU GOING TO SIT HERE AND TAKE THAT ****? READ THOSE COMMENTS, DIGEST THEM AND PUSH YOUR RAGE DEEP DOWN READY TO PERFORM ON THE PITCH."

Cue: Animalistic, riotous cheering and stamping of feet (or confused looks and scratched heads).

One look at the official thread and then it's time to avoid any sort of forum for a couple of weeks.

Shallow rugby analysis:
England beat Argentina in the fall and France last week. 2-0 against teams that don't speak English. Easy win this week.

Latest posts