• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wales England [Banter]

Shallow rugby analysis:
England beat Argentina in the fall and France last week. 2-0 against teams that don't speak English. Easy win this week.

You forgot we beat the Aussies in the last set of internationals too, they also don't speak English.

Deciding who to support in this game is like trying to decide who you'd rather shift between your mum and your sister... That's probably why the Welsh find it so easy!

Deciding who to support in this game is like trying to decide who you'd rather shift between your mum and your sister... That's probably why the Welsh find it so easy!

Have you seen our recent record? Daaayyyyyyuuuum, we shiftin' everyone's sisters, yo

Is "shift" a typo or Irish slang for "pump"?

The old pump and dump.

We'll give Wales a damn good seeing to for 80mins and then ignore them until we bump into them in London in about a year.

In bold is where the metaphor breaks down

Reminds me of a great bit from the West Wing:
ABBEY - So you talk to Charlie. I'll talk to Lilly. We'll co-ordinate our schedules and we'll find a free hour.
BARTLET - I don't think it's gonna take more than a couple of minutes, but I like your confidence.

I don't know why we have to pander to away teams who come demanding that the roof be closed. We don't go to Twickers and demand they turn down the noise, or that they be be less plummy! Its a pointless choice as well because no away team ever chooses to have the roof closed. When in Rome, and all that!

I don't know why we have to pander to away teams who come demanding that the roof be closed. We don't go to Twickers and demand they turn down the noise, or that they be be less plummy! Its a pointless choice as well because no away team ever chooses to have the roof closed. When in Rome, and all that!

It's the rules...

You'd need to find some snow from somewhere to have the match snowed off.

I'm also pretty sure that if that looked even slightly realistic, the roof would be closed.

In general though, rugby is an outdoor sport, and should be played outdoors, preferably on grass rather than plastic, though good plastic is acceptable where grass won't survive.

You'd need to find some snow from somewhere to have the match snowed off.

I'm also pretty sure that if that looked even slightly realistic, the roof would be closed.

In general though, rugby is an outdoor sport, and should be played outdoors, preferably on grass rather than plastic, though good plastic is acceptable where grass won't survive.
Always had this attitude to the roof, I'll accept heavy rain as an excuse as that effects the quality of the match and we don't want to see who wins by virtue of butterfingers and 50 billion scrums. But otherwise its a an outdoor sport.

Is this where we come to show true English arrogance and gloat until our lungs give way? :D

Latest posts