• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wales England [Banter]

Is this much groundwork legal?

https://vid.me/Zs3g

Looking at the short clip Liam Williams gets his hands on the ball whilst clearly off his feet. But then there is no ruck I.e. Looks like May comes diving in off his feet after (still no ruck). One or more from each side have to be in contact over the ball and on their feet.

So as far as I can see in that instance Liam Williams is entitled to go fur the ball. What do others think?

Last edited:
You can't play the ball off your feet.

Yep, but where's the ruck? All the players are on the floor. Johnny May comes diving in and is also not on his feet.

Last edited:
No tackle, no ruck, should be fine I think?

The World Rugby Laws are odd though. There's a section for "ball on the ground - no tackle". In the definitions/preamble to the law, there's the line, "The Game is to be played by players who are on their feet.". Yet the actual laws do not seem to say this, just that players on the floor shouldn't prevent the opposition getting possession by lying over the ball. (http://laws.worldrugby.org/?law=14)

Perhaps you could argue Liam Williams fell over Launchbury and that is illegal?

Last edited:
That is so much worse than Delilah.

Delilah"

I saw the light on the night that I passed by her window
I saw the flickering shadows of love on her blind
She was my woman
As she deceived me I watched and went out of my mind
My, my, my, Delilah
Why, why, why, Delilah
I could see that girl was no good for me
But I was lost like a slave that no man could free
At break of day when that man drove away, I was waiting
I cross the street to her house and she opened the door
She stood there laughing
I felt the knife in my hand and she laughed no more

My, my, my Delilah
Why, why, why Delilah
So before they come to break down the door
Forgive me Delilah I just couldn't take any more

What a wholesome song to sing at the rugby........

Unless was he talking about Mutton?

Lol love it when a non country gets antsy.

(

We may well like sheep, but you lot prefer dogs

- - - Updated - - -

Clearly its the rules but... y'know! Funny really, the match could be snowed off this afternoon because the roof is closed. Ironic hey.

Sod the rules they are f****** stupid, its our ground we should do what we want

Itoje's never lost a test match.

Top lad.

Itojoe was very average again yesterday when up against a much better back row. Wales were the better team, England had the better coach simple as that, our 1/2 backs and back row were head and shoulders above their opposite numbers. England have Jones we have Howler that was the main difference

- - - Updated - - -

We own your country so we get the last word anyway

Oh so you admit we are a country

Rumors emerging today that the Welsh are to ditch Land of Our Fathers for the far more sexy hit single; Baa Baa Black Sheep.

Itojoe was very average again yesterday when up against a much better back row. Wales were the better team, England had the better coach simple as that, our 1/2 backs and back row were head and shoulders above their opposite numbers. England have Jones we have Howler that was the main difference

- - - Updated - - -

Is it 'Howlers' fault that despite being camped in our half in the 3rd quarter you couldn't produce any points?

Is it 'Howlers' fault that despite being camped in our half in the 3rd quarter you couldn't produce any points?

I'm going to have to say yes to that, he was also responsible for the glass I broke yesterday and the puncture my next door neighbor had on Wednesday morning. Once Gats has finished his tenure and Dai Young takes over(just as Howler gets offered the chance to find his level by coaching Cowbridge under 8's) we'll be okay again

- - - Updated - - -

Rumors emerging today that the Welsh are to ditch Land of Our Fathers for the far more sexy hit single; Baa Baa Black Sheep.

Not pc I'm afraid, we've had to change the words to baa baa non white sheep

Ok firstly, are you accidentally calling him Itojoe still or has that become an 'Eli Wales'-style meme while I've been away?

Secondly, Wales weren't the better team. If we were the better team we would have known how to simply close out a tight game either by scoring points when we were putting England under pressure, and by kicking to bloody touch in the dying minutes when our defence was exhausted. The best teams know how to put the final nail in the coffin.

Ok firstly, are you accidentally calling him Itojoe still or has that become an 'Eli Wales'-style meme while I've been away?

Secondly, Wales weren't the better team. If we were the better team we would have known how to simply close out a tight game either by scoring points when we were putting England under pressure, and by kicking to bloody touch in the dying minutes when our defence was exhausted. The best teams know how to put the final nail in the coffin.

Okay Itoje, I got that wrong, but we were the better team, sadly they had the better coach.
There are occasions when the better team loose yesterday was one, England were a better team on the day we beat them in the WC group match such is sport

Okay Itoje, I got that wrong, but we were the better team, sadly they had the better coach.
There are occasions when the better team loose yesterday was one, England were a better team on the day we beat them in the WC group match such is sport

If you are not prepared to try and think a little objectively and independently from what Walesonline would have you think I honestly don't think you should be posting here. I don't believe it does you or anyone else any good, and you certainly do noncredit to the other Welsh posters here who are trying to discuss yesterdays game and work out why it went the way it did. I have no idea how you managed to make reference to the World Cup in your post.

Overall yesterday, Wales were hugely improved in intensity from previous games and England were poor in several key aspects. Despite this and the fact that you had home advantage you still lost the game through an inability to do more with the ball when you had it in key positions.

Its bad enough losing to England as it is but losing like that! It was that JD kick that lost the game in the last 4 minutes. Can't blame decisions much earlier in the match when a little risk could worthwhile. I like JD but that was a terrible decision to kick midfield. Unless it was a mis-kick in which case.....

Top performance from world class Lions starter Sam Davies yesterday #bants

- - - Updated - - -

In all seriousness, I thought Biggar played really well for Wales, and was a fantastic performance by both teams. England edged it, cause they were the better team. Just. Simple.

biggar had some serious gas on him after that interception, liam williams was struggling to get to him to support

Latest posts