• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wales in this pool

Mate no need to get angry over my opinion. People can have there own opinion and I feel Wales got it easy and France/Pumas/Irish didnt. Just my opinion, I guess I will have a cry because everyone pays out the Aussies when they have a better chance of making the final than any European team.

Mate no need to get angry over my opinion. People can have there own opinion and I feel Wales got it easy and France/Pumas/Irish didnt. Just my opinion, I guess I will have a cry because everyone pays out the Aussies when they have a better chance of making the final than any European team. [/b]

Mate, to be honest, i dont think i can ever remember anyone whinging that the Aussies have got an easy run to the finals.. if thats what you are saying..

And actually, i think that this forum has had a funny turn of opinion of the Aussies, because after this years 3N it appears that we have some form, and a few players have really stepped up.

I think what our little Aussie friend here who-is-not-so-eloquent is trying to say is that it seems a bit unfair that the French/Pumas/Irish are in a pool together, and have to face NZ for coming second, when Wales is not a form team heading into the cup, but seemingly gets a place in the Quarters if they can beat the Fijians.. but this is a subject well worked over in many other threads..

But back on topic...

Wales have got to be very careful of Fiji.. if Samoa can do it, so can Fiji.. hopefully the boys can string 80 mins together and show the world that Islander rugby can translate to the 15man game...

Fiji's bogey team will be Canada i thinks.. But i expect that if they go into the Wales game with the belief that they can win, and the ref doesnt blow them out of the game early, then they have a great shot of beating Wales.. i think Wales has to go into that game with the idea to blow the Fijians out of the water early, break their morale, and starve them of ball.. If they are composed enough..

It's all this talk that is amusing me right now.
People who are totally under-estimating Wales.
Canada wll not "have a shot" against Wales, Fiji can possibly put one over us, but we have quality forwards who will step up the mark and turn over the weaker Fijians.

I like how the Aussies will happily talk about the dangers everyone else will face, but by god, forbid the day they ever think Wales could turn them over, on their home ground (like they've done recently).

This pool is not an easy one for the Wallabies as many thinks. Yes, their form in the Tri-nations has greatly improved but they also still have many weakness. Wales can beat them if they starve the Wallabies of possesion, try to put points early on and defend like hell. In Cardiff, I believe they can do that.

Fiji's bogey team will be the Canadiens. They have a good pack and some backs that has pace to burn.

On a neutral gound Australia would be clear favourites against Wales but they're winless on their last two trips to Cardiff and with all our players fresh and fit and with home advantage I think it's 50/50

As for the other three Fiji can only beat us if the game becomes one massive brawl and they batter their way past us but no way are Canada or Japan ever going to trouble us

How much of a dent to Wales' chances of the Webb Ellis is the loss of Ryan Jones? I think he is one of Wales' best players and I dont believe that Owen or Charvis will be able to fill the gap

How much of a dent to Wales' chances of the Webb Ellis is the loss of Ryan Jones? I think he is one of Wales' best players and I dont believe that Owen or Charvis will be able to fill the gap [/b]

Maybe not Owen or Charvis but I think Popham or Jonathan Thomas could fill the gap

Australia do, because they just beat the All Blacks, and that makes them teh bestest.

<_<

[/b]
abs won last night though. how on earth did you aussies draw with wales they are clearly rubbish look at their form in the six nations.

This pool is not an easy one for the Wallabies as many thinks. Yes, their form in the Tri-nations has greatly improved but they also still have many weakness. Wales can beat them if they starve the Wallabies of possesion, try to put points early on and defend like hell. In Cardiff, I believe they can do that.

Fiji's bogey team will be the Canadiens. They have a good pack and some backs that has pace to burn.

[/b]
wales have plenty of weaknesses to. on paper this is a no brainer but your right the aussies don't play well away from home.

<div class='quotemain'> Australia do, because they just beat the All Blacks, and that makes them teh bestest.

<_<

[/b]
abs won last night though. how on earth did you aussies draw with wales they are clearly rubbish look at their form in the six nations.

[/b]
wales have plenty of weaknesses to. on paper this is a no brainer but your right the aussies don't play well away from home. [/b][/quote]

Umm...we drew against the Aussies before this years Six Nations. So unless the match time-warped itself to this April I don't see how you can call the Aussies fcrap for drawing against our team that flopped in the Six Nations 5 months after.

As for the All Blacks, imo they've peaked too soon, they won't win the World Cup, that'll be the Aussies.

It's really a little too difficult to say they've peaked too soon.
It's not like they've found their form in the past season, they've been consistantly the one side that is teh world number 1 for quite a few years now.
I think it'll be their year, but if it's not it won't be because they've "peaked" too soon.

what everyone forgets about wales is this: they played really well in 2005 and have done jack all since. they're not a great team at the moment and don't deserve the easy run into the quarters that they've been given.

Popham all the way, that way Charvis & Williams will be 6&7. [/b]

I think Popham should stay at 6 as in the last few test matches he was one of the players who stood out and could say that they actually played well, I cant stand Charvis, hes too fat and too old and too **** to play for Wales. I think it should be Owen at 8, Popham at 6 and obviously Williams at 7

<div class='quotemain'> Popham all the way, that way Charvis & Williams will be 6&7. [/b]

I think Popham should stay at 6 as in the last few test matches he was one of the players who stood out and could say that they actually played well, I cant stand Charvis, hes too fat and too old and too **** to play for Wales. I think it should be Owen at 8, Popham at 6 and obviously Williams at 7
[/b][/quote]

I'm not a Welsh supporter admittedly, but I wholeheartedly disagree.

Owen is nowhere near good enough to play at 8 for me. He has great hands, but doesn't seem to relish confrontation enough for an international back-row forward. I like Popham, but would move him to 8, with Charvis in at 6. Not a big fan of Charvis, but think he is a great player (if that isn't a contradiction in terms). His form in the last season has been out of this world - I guarantee he will be vital at the breakdown come the knockout stages. Assuming Wales get through of course.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> Popham all the way, that way Charvis & Williams will be 6&7. [/b]

[/b][/quote]

I'm not a Welsh supporter admittedly, but I wholeheartedly disagree.

Owen is nowhere near good enough to play at 8 for me. He has great hands, but doesn't seem to relish confrontation enough for an international back-row forward. I like Popham, but would move him to 8, with Charvis in at 6. Not a big fan of Charvis, but think he is a great player (if that isn't a contradiction in terms). His form in the last season has been out of this world - I guarantee he will be vital at the breakdown come the knockout stages. Assuming Wales get through of course.

[/b][/quote] I agree, Owen is no good as at 8. His best position is at lock.

I'm very surprised with 'Ospreys1987' said about Charvis. Charvis is playing at his best recently & should be dead cert on starting at 6 for Wales.

what everyone forgets about wales is this: they played really well in 2005 and have done jack all since. they're not a great team at the moment and don't deserve the easy run into the quarters that they've been given. [/b]

You're a jackass - you really are.

[/b]

As a Welshman i couldn't sum it up better if i tried.