• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wales Squad Announcement

ah right totally gotcha :D :D we'll see if Mr Gatland's plan works then (read somewhere he's going back to the "Smaller" 2008 grandslam sized squad). Really weird to see Bevington there, not really seen much of him for the O's. Seemed to make an impact against toulon tho, looks very dynamic ball carrier, very strong and powerful. So congrats to him :D Now we play the waiting game for the starting 15 announcement :D

Very, very pleased with this squad. Duncan Jones is the most obvious in-form player to miss out, but I can handle that.

Hibbard over Bennett!!!!!!!!!!! Yeeeeeeeeees!

This really is a squad picked on-form, with Turnbull over Martyn, Stoddard over Brew or James and Priestland over Biggar. Well done Gatland.

Stoddart is only a real option on the wing, id expect Preistland to be covering 15 in the squad.

Same here Cymro. Stoddard showed against Perpignan that his defesive awareness can be bad on the wing aswell. He could be caught out big time at international level. He needs to learn, which he should be able to do, but doesn't seem to be doing at the Scarlets. Hopefully Shaun Edwards to teach him a thing or two.

Landed Biggar's out!! :D
The squad looks alright, but the fact there's gonna be 4 Turks on the bench frightens me a lot.
They've been playing well, but I can see myself, about 65 minutes into the England game, coming to my senses, clicking, and screaming OH MY ****, PRIESTLAND AND STODDART ARE ON THE PITCH!!! WAAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!

Gatland has made some tough choices and that has to be admired,im very excited to see Turnbull in there he could make a very real impact off the bench,i would like to see him start a cuple as well,very good engine and tackles everything that moves.Im very worried about the front roww, i think england will be shunting us all over the place.

Pitty for Faletau. If he misses the 6 nations he's gonna struggle big time to have enough opportunities to stake a claim for a WC spot.

Shame about Toby, McCusker can do the job though
He hasn't hit his best form since his injury, but has still bee solid.
He can also cover 6,7 and to a lesser extent 8, making him a good bench candidate.

Only problem with Biggar's non-selection is that he will take up Morgan and Jarvis' spot for the O's.

Latest posts